How many albs does it really take?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
well tonight we managed to take out your group (well more of your alliance maybe cant remember all names but good few eclipse) + the stealthers (dookz at least) you had tagging along with tear ring with maybe 1 or 2 casualties.

hmm, I really cant recall this, dont think we was running the evening in question. We dont really play much atm at all, 2-3 evenings /week maybe and for 3-4h or so. You must be mistaken. :cheers:

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Uh, thats debuffed dmg ofc, no one hits above 350 or so without a crit without debuff on a decent target. and cap is as Shike said around 600 with toa gear + mom 2-3, so is cab on Ilums caba as he said, and that's a lifetap dd so tis a better spell.
every chanter that nuke me never forget to debuffs/stun ^^
and dont compare caba with chanter it s lol;o

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry said:
nice nuke for baseline nuke..
599 baseline nuke with how many points in light 20-26?
thats better than theurg nuke with decent template and 45 wind or 41 ice zz ;o

its cap and an easy way to count out the cap is to simply take the delve and multiply it with 3, then add eventual TOAbonuses and MoM and you have the endcap of the spells damage.

The specc only determines the variance of the damage along with the acuity (int in this case).

Lets say my basenuke delves for 179. 179 times 3=527 pure basedamage. Then we can add my 5% from traldor and we get 563 or so, add in 6% MoM ontop and we end at: 597. In reality my cap is 599 and I really dont know exactly why its 2 higher but the figures are close enough to get a decent picture of how much cap will end at if counting in TOA and MoM.

To reach this damage for me as a basenuker with only 22+16 in light I need a debuff and very good int aswell. On some players I never reach capdamage (I have a theory about AF affecting the damage on nukes but will do some more research in this matter).

for a comparison, a speccnuke of 209 delved has 627 as basedamage, with same toa and mom as i have it will cap at 697. 100 more than my basenuke and also much higher damage in general due to much higher specc in the specific line.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
To reach this damage for me as a basenuker with only 22+16 in light I need a debuff and very good int aswell. On some players I never reach capdamage (I have a theory about AF affecting the damage on nukes but will do some more research in this matter).
well still with 45+ 15 wind buffed with lvl 50 enh buffs mota4
i ill never be able to do same dmg as chanter when they get debuff on with only 22+16 light lets say it s just silly.. when i dont count the pbaoe that do a lot more..
and i think if something effect dmg it s proly shield since u can block some dmg for bolt and maybe dd too ?;o

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:

Well personally I find, that if the target only had resists from armor/items (and maybe a low 8% resist buff) then I'll hit for 500-cap dmg each lifetap (have done this on tanks/casters everything really), whilst for people with resist buffs too (ie all hibs :p ) it'll be more in the 400-500 range of damage.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Neguras hit me 901 yesterday, most i ever been hit by an eld in a while, weird thing is before it was like 400s or so then all of a sudden 901 damage, yet he was only caster there Oo , is this that pierce damage bonus thing from ToA items?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry said:
well still with 45+ 15 wind buffed with lvl 50 enh buffs mota4
i ill never be able to do same dmg as chanter when they get debuff on with only 22+16 light lets say it s just silly.. when i dont count the pbaoe that do a lot more..
and i think if something effect dmg it s proly shield since u can block some dmg for bolt and maybe dd too ?;o

with a debuff you will do 100 more damage than I do. You also have pets with 2k range that are a royal pain in the ass. It aint shield affecting damage i think. Will check it later tho, who knows. And tbh... comparing theurg vs chanter is apples and oranges imo, if you want to compare then use caba at least.

willowywicca said:
Well personally I find, that if the target only had resists from armor/items (and maybe a low 8% resist buff) then I'll hit for 500-cap dmg each lifetap (have done this on tanks/casters everything really), whilst for people with resist buffs too (ie all hibs :p ) it'll be more in the 400-500 range of damage.

Ive nuked my bot alot, even without resistbuffs I have a very hard time to cap my nuke on him for some reason, might be duels that are bugged abit tho ofc but I tend to see same result in RVR as u do.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Neguras hit me 901 yesterday, most i ever been hit by an eld in a while, weird thing is before it was like 400s or so then all of a sudden 901 damage, yet he was only caster there Oo , is this that pierce damage bonus thing from ToA items?

hmm, if you were unbuffed (IE no resistbuff) its very possible for an eld to nuke for 9xx with an uuuuuubercrit and a crazy hit near cap, Zel nukes me atm for 635 with no resistbuff applied. You do the math. Aint too common though I guess.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Alb has always had decent casters just took them long to realise this, but now with bodyguard it is a very good option.Theurgist can't be compared to an enchanter because their roles are both completely different, though a wizard should get more loving, only reason i think they aren't is because mythic are scared to make alb become a powerful caster realm since the other three casters in general are very effective in rvr.(doesn't stop me from playing mine, with good teamwork wizards can be good, like in the frontiers this week we had some good fights vs belorfyn's group)

I think i capped at 685 with master of magery 3 on my theurg when he was air.Also shike i had resist buffs, maybe he will say on here or irc how he did so much, the only other casters that have hit me for that much is eclipse ones, haven't ran into you a lot. :touch:

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Obviously you won't do as much dmg without a debuff Araudry, that's the way casters work...

Sycho the eld hit you for 901 dmg with a baseline heat dd? Or was it pbaoe or his spec dd + snare?

It sounds very much like you got debuffed somehow if he hit you for 400 a few times then suddenly 901, or it wasn't heat dd, unless for some reason he hit for cap + max crit. If it was his spec dd he might have a cap near 700 so if he hit close to cap with a good crit I guess he could reach 901 dmg.

It'd be pretty odd for him to hit more than a clear max of 450 without debuff first as you had resist buffs, but daoc is weird sometimes.

Ice wizards has it's bonuses such as VP at least. 2 ice wizzys 1 banelord merc can do incredible amount of dmg in no time with a jump using AT then 2x VP and 2x pbaoe = everyone in the group that got jumped prly dead :)

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
with a debuff you will do 100 more damage than I do. You also have pets with 2k range that are a royal pain in the ass. It aint shield affecting damage i think. Will check it later tho, who knows. And tbh... comparing theurg vs chanter is apples and oranges imo, if you want to compare then use caba at least.
just wanted to compare chanter baseline nuke with theurg spec nuke dont start with pet or this thread ill have 3k post then :p
but true we cant compare a theurg with a chanter ;o

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Obviously you won't do as much dmg without a debuff Araudry, that's the way casters work...

Sycho the eld hit you for 901 dmg with a baseline heat dd? Or was it pbaoe or his spec dd + snare?

It sounds very much like you got debuffed somehow if he hit you for 400 a few times then suddenly 901, or it wasn't heat dd, unless for some reason he hit for cap + max crit. If it was his spec dd he might have a cap near 700 so if he hit close to cap with a good crit I guess he could reach 901 dmg.

It'd be pretty odd for him to hit more than a clear max of 450 without debuff first as you had resist buffs, but daoc is weird sometimes.

Ice wizards has it's bonuses such as VP at least. 2 ice wizzys 1 banelord merc can do incredible amount of dmg in no time with a jump using AT then 2x VP and 2x pbaoe = everyone in the group that got jumped prly dead :)
alb pbaoe group is a joke ill never be as good as mid pbaoe or hib pbaoe and way to easy to kill.. alb pbaoe need a really good sorc that get jump first and minstrel with sos cleric with bof or ur group is just crap and i forget moc on wiz :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
It was a ranged nuke so i am not sure what happened really just died fast :p but then again guess it evens out since i hit him 849 last week ;) just was wondering how the damage went up fast, think it was that pierce bonus thing, some lucky big crit or daoc being weird again. :p

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
It was a ranged nuke so i am not sure what happened really just died fast :p but then again guess it evens out since i hit him 849 last week ;) just was wondering how the damage went up fast, think it was that pierce bonus thing, some lucky big crit or daoc being weird again. :p

Well one possibility, is that your resist buff ran out just then?
If so he was doing 400 dmg when you had roughly 50% resists with buff.. after buff drops you only got 26% resist, which is approx a 50% increase in his damage, so he's now doing 600~ dmg. add in a near perfect crit and he's over the 900 mark... lot of ifs tho :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
its cap and an easy way to count out the cap is to simply take the delve and multiply it with 3, then add eventual TOAbonuses and MoM and you have the endcap of the spells damage.

The specc only determines the variance of the damage along with the acuity (int in this case).

Lets say my basenuke delves for 179. 179 times 3=527 pure basedamage. Then we can add my 5% from traldor and we get 563 or so, add in 6% MoM ontop and we end at: 597. In reality my cap is 599 and I really dont know exactly why its 2 higher but the figures are close enough to get a decent picture of how much cap will end at if counting in TOA and MoM.

for a comparison, a speccnuke of 209 delved has 627 as basedamage, with same toa and mom as i have it will cap at 697. 100 more than my basenuke and also much higher damage in general due to much higher specc in the specific line.

The reason you hit for 2 more damage is because the delve damage of the nuke isnt 179, its 179.5. That doesnt's show by delving it in game tho. It's true that a debuffer+baselinenuker nukes harder than a person just using spec nukes. But real pain is a person using spec nukes with debuff.

Example:
50 Superior Devourer 179.5 60% 2.5 sec. 33P Enemy
45 Mind Flay 209.7 2.8 sec. 29P Enemy

Base nuke has cap of 538.5 (which makes it 539 i think)
Spec nuke has a cap of 629.

Spec nuke will also have zero variance and hence hit generally harder. Less power consumption, but cast speed is slighty slower tho. I've increased my cap with 9% mom and 9% spell damage with exactly 100 to 639 with baseline nuke. With similar SC / RA, spec nuke would hit a cap of 745 or so. Also the spec DD does ok damage, even without debuff, whereas the baseline dd really needs a debuff to hurt.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Alb has always had decent casters just took them long to realise this

Erm, and a good many love patches. Changes since 1.59 :

Theurgist Changes
- Theurgist elementals can no longer be rooted or mezzed.
- Theurgist Confusing Gust line has had its radius raised to 350.
- Increased range of Theurgist summons to 2000.

Wizard Changes
- Reduced casting time of Burst of Steam line to 2.5 seconds, which matches the Spiritmaster and Enchanter PBAE cast times.

Sorcerer/Cabalist Changes
- Increased value on L48 self shield Nullify Offense to 250.
Sorcerer Changes
- Sorcerers can now charm any monster type. This should strengthen their Mind spec considerably, and facilitate better charming in dungeons (where many monsters are undead).
- Added a power regen buff to Mind spec list so that all three realms have a version of this spell
- Added a self mez-duration reduction buff to Mind Spec.
- Added group mez-duration reduction chant to Mind Spec.

Sorcerer Changes
- Increased Mind Spec AE Mez to 1875 range.

Cabalist Changes
- Life transfers will now transfer up to the listed delve value before healing critical hits from RAs are factored in, and half the amount transferred will be deducted from the caster. The costs have been raised significantly however to bring them closer in cost to major heal spells. If the caster doesn't have enough life to cast the spell at full value, it will still cast successfully, but will reduce the caster to 1 hitpoint.
- Changed Ruby Simulacrum proc to be a ranged spell that can be interrupted.
- Increased melee damage on Sapphire Simulacrum.
- Increased defense on Emerald Simulacrum and the damage on its DoT proc.
- Increased damage on Jade Simulacrum's damage shield self buff.

Cabalist/Spiritmaster/Enchanter Changes
- Increased value on pet-only spec stat buffs to be equal to spec buff levels.
Cabalist Changes
- Added a line of pet-only runspeed enhancement buffs to the Vivification list.

Realm Abilities
- The Wizard class special Realm Ability Volcanic Pillar has had its damage and radius increased.

Theurgist
- Increased range of Confusing Gust line to 1500. This is a bug fix.

Sorcerer/Cabalist changes
- Added a L50 baseline lifedrain in the Body Destruction list (Essence Devourer).
- The Minor Vitality Drain line in the Sorcerer/Cabalist Body Destruction list has had its damage increased slightly.

Theurgist
- Added new earth summon spells in the Theurgist Abrasion list at levels 40 and 48.
- Added new ice summon spells in the Theurgist Refrigeration list at levels 32, 40, and 48.
- Reduced the hitpoints on earth elementals, but increased the duration of their summon from 30 to 60 seconds. Their offensive bonus and run speed increases with higher spec.
- Spells cast by Theurgist ice elementals have been tuned to cast faster, do more damage, and scale appropriately with level to help deal with resists.

- The following AE DD lines have had their cast times reduced from 4s to 3s
Calefaction: Molten Earth line
Liquefaction: Simmering Cloud line
Pyromancy: Explosive Blast line

I don't think they always were 'decent', in fact, I think albion casters were pretty much the suck before all those changes. Being the realm forever without power relics and having to fight mids and hibs with high elemental resists and even higher body/spirit resists if hibs wasn't helping either. Nor was having to face ASD spamming healers (grrrrrr), pre nerf zerks, savages, insta CC all over the place, more stuns than is healthy for a caster etc.

No wonder the 'optimal' and pretty much only viable group setup back then was melee based with possibly a wind theurgist (only caster along with body sorcs able to dish some decent damage against mids back then).

Didn't even list all the necro bug fixes or overall caster improvements either.

And hell, wizards could do with some love still, and it wouldn't hurt for cabbies to have more than one spec that's viable. Would be a good thing for everyone if armoured casters had quickcast instead of instants also, way too much insta CC/interrupt stuff flying around.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
The reason you hit for 2 more damage is because the delve damage of the nuke isnt 179, its 179.5. That doesnt's show by delving it in game tho. It's true that a debuffer+baselinenuker nukes harder than a person just using spec nukes. But real pain is a person using spec nukes with debuff.

Example:
50 Superior Devourer 179.5 60% 2.5 sec. 33P Enemy
45 Mind Flay 209.7 2.8 sec. 29P Enemy

Base nuke has cap of 538.5 (which makes it 539 i think)
Spec nuke has a cap of 629.

Spec nuke will also have zero variance and hence hit generally harder. Less power consumption, but cast speed is slighty slower tho. I've increased my cap with 9% mom and 9% spell damage with exactly 100 to 639 with baseline nuke. With similar SC / RA, spec nuke would hit a cap of 745 or so. Also the spec DD does ok damage, even without debuff, whereas the baseline dd really needs a debuff to hurt.

ahaa, explains it, thanks for that info, had no idea delve actually was 179.5. And yip, speccnuke on debuff is abit lolish hehe.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:

I guarantee you that AF is not a factor at all. Certain players however, will have higher heat resists than others, albs typically don't have heat resist buffs, but if they happen to (ie, friar in group), they'll have the 24% version, quite a difference.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Equendil said:
I guarantee you that AF is not a factor at all. Certain players however, will have higher heat resists than others, albs typically don't have heat resist buffs, but if they happen to (ie, friar in group), they'll have the 24% version, quite a difference.

then explain to me why i can never cap my nuke on my drood with very high AF and no resistbuff. Meanwhile i can easily cap on RR9 savage with resistbuff up and running. Duel bugged or AF matters is my guess.

Frubly

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
then explain to me why i can never cap my nuke on my drood with very high AF and no resistbuff. Meanwhile i can easily cap on RR9 savage with resistbuff up and running. Duel bugged or AF matters is my guess.

Different armour types have different magic resistances and weakness have you taken account of this?

Also I read somewhere on a VN whine board post, whingeing about how uber necros were that con effects magic dmg therefore necros with pet + buffs = huge melee dmg decrease also reduces magic dmg on them. So the target could have a v high con. (just throwing about ideas)

But it was probably an American posting and I'm beginning to seriously doubt their ability to understand the game mechanics :p

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:

Can't see how you could fail to nuke your bot for cap with debuff + nuke, buffs and 20% power relics, and no resist buffs tbh, would like to see logs of nukes to get an idea.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Frubly said:
Different armour types have different magic resistances and weakness have you taken account of this?

As far as I know, it should only matter for damage done in melee (procs etc).

Also I read somewhere on a VN whine board post, whingeing about how uber necros were that con effects magic dmg therefore necros with pet + buffs = huge melee dmg decrease also reduces magic dmg on them. So the target could have a v high con. (just throwing about ideas)

But it was probably an American posting and I'm beginning to seriously doubt their ability to understand the game mechanics :p

It's only true of pets, however (mobs really), con buffs on players only increase hit points, whereas it increases global absorption on mobs (instead of their hit points)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Equendil said:
Can't see how you could fail to nuke your bot for cap with debuff + nuke, buffs and 20% power relics, and no resist buffs tbh, would like to see logs of nukes to get an idea.

shouldnt be a problem to sort this, will do to tomorrow or something.

Furb.. I have no idea man, im baffled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom