How is your day going?

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Pretty good thanks, friend's birthday so am drunk atm. You?

Marc

FH is my second home
What a kickin party that must be. Lets get drunk and post on FH :D

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Bored "revising". Exam tomo so i prob really should be, but its not till the afternoon so nm :D

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Sat at work.

Doing fuck all.

Been doing fuck all since 8.50am.

Help.

I wanna start uni already instead of this sad excuse for a job.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Bored killing people atm. I think I've done close to 50 today so far.

I'm a census manager at the tax agency. :p

Almost time for afternoon break. Zzzzz.......

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Drunk? Noon? Hell...even I will say that's damn early!

And that's saying alot.

Anyhoo, i'm at work, in a slight fever, second day working sick, tomorrow sickday.

So rather bleh in my "feeling", but, everythings fine enough.

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on the sick at the mo:) nothing wrong me just hate the company I work for:( they make you phone in 30 min before your shift, and I start at 6.00am once I'm awake I can't go back to sleep, might as well be at frigging work:( anyway got something planned soon be my own boss again

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sat at work.

Doing fuck all.

Been doing fuck all since 8.50am.

Help.

I wanna start uni already instead of this sad excuse for a job.

Rofl, you must have the exact same job as me! :D

I was late this morning though so only been doing nothing since 9:10am. I swear, I almost got my holepunch to move this time!!!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Rofl, you must have the exact same job as me! :D

I was late this morning though so only been doing nothing since 9:10am. I swear, I almost got my holepunch to move this time!!!

IT Techie?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
IT Techie?

Sort of - QA, but I handle most of the IT related stuff, graphs & coding etc.

That is, when people decide to send me stuff! :mad: Its the one bad thing about thsi job - its ideally suited otherwise; within walking distance of my house, easy hours, great people, pay isnt too bad either. Its just the fact that I sit here for atleast 4 hours a day with nothing to do.

Ah well, guess its improving patience :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
IT techie is a shit job.

i did it for about a year i think with middlesbrough council.

installing comps, fixing comps, networking comps.

after a while it just fucked me off. 1 too many un-appreciative people can get to you. especially when youre only getting paid £50 a fucking week!

a typical day might of involved loading up the help desk software and picking some jobs up off it.

"retard x cannot reinstall their mouse, please reinstall mouse"
"idiot fucker x cannot load the paper in the printer, please load paper"
"awkward mother fucker x wants to move their computer 2 inches to the left, please move computer 2 inches to the left"
"thick twat x does not know how to open the cd draw, please install a brain in thick twat x"

FFS

about as complex as it goes was recieving new pc's off dell, networking them up and installing an image using norton ghost.

whoopty fucking do. hardly taxing is it boys? :/

i'l tell you one thing though. if i ever have to move another lotus notes account, i'll shoot every bastard in the room.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Most of the people at my workplace are sort of competant, just the guys who work remotely are newb to the extreme.

"how do i sends email?"

Laddey

FH is my second home
Bored killing people atm. I think I've done close to 50 today so far.

I'm a census manager at the tax agency. :p

Almost time for afternoon break. Zzzzz.......

Well, i'm a student (full time) and i'm on emergency tax from my job, why? :( How do i get my money back, hits me in the bollocks, specially being part time.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Working as IT tech support for quite a lot more than £50 a week, where most of the other office occupants are web/sql developers of one form or another. Much more liberating than the sack of shit it sounds like you got Tris, but at the same time the end users of the various sites we offer are "..."

Had one from some Nigerian dude a couple of months back, let's see if I can find the support ticket (yes, I am that bored)...

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
HAHA!

I support another company were in partnership with and had some bloke call up from Glasgow for support and he kept rabbiting on in his strong scottish accent (of which I didn't understand a word besides "Kinda like thing" which he said 50 times in one sentence). I had to cover up the phone and put it far away because I couldn't stop laughing.

Glasgow - where they talk at 150mph and are the least understandable accent ever.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Now, bearing in mind that the company I work for offer a variety of web-based psychometric tests for 3rd party companies to use in recruitment - such as numerical reasoning tests, spatial reasoning tests, Personality and Preference Inventory tests, so on and so on.

In particular, we also offer a 'Verbal reasoning' test, designed to assess how well a candidate can reason out the meaning of a complicated question/task.

EMAIL SUBJECT: TEST WORK
BODY: Hello there i need to know weather we are doing the verble on the computer speaker.

Epic fail :D

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
... and just got another one. Guy gets stuck on a 'loading page' error message for 40 minutes, sends an email to tech support asking why. I ask him to try refreshing the page/log in again, he replies "Oh sorry can't do that at the moment, we are having network problems."

Seriously, people wonder why most mornings I struggle to get out of bed.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Well, i'm a student (full time) and i'm on emergency tax from my job, why? :( How do i get my money back, hits me in the bollocks, specially being part time.

I don't work with taxes - I work with keeping people's "details" up to date in the government register, as well as granting legal permits for getting married, getting buried, etc. Also, I don't work for the British government, but the Swedish, so sadly I still wouldn't know. My advice is to either call your tax office or go visit them. They're usually quite friendly and helpful (at least in Sweden!) :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
They're usually quite friendly and helpful (at least in Sweden!) :)

Ah lucky you, differnt story with some of the English people, specially near me anyway.

I'll ring them m8r

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Im having an OK day at work although Im bored out my head because at the mo all Im doing is Copy/Paste zzzz on a big job we got in.

Looking forward to tonight though as I have an 8 Ball Pool match against 1 of the top sides and it should be a good match overall... I cant wait!!

If your interested one of the players that I usually play against is in the link below: The England B Team (Neil Toms).

About the 5th down on the right.

ENGLISH POOL ASSOCIATION

soze

I am a FH squatter
I like my techie job i have a jr so an Idiot filter in effect even if i have to tell him what to do i do not have to struggle telling an end user what to do.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
plenty of coffee , handball match inc on tv , splendid day :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Im off to train some wing tsun in 40 mins or so. I'll be back and punish my keyboard on FH tonight though ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
my day is 6 billion times better now wonk has posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom