how do u beat an infil?

N

Nemue

exactly how are u supposed to beat an infil in this bloody game as a non-tank class? (altho i recon most tanks have problems with infils aswell 1o1)

when they got a dmgoutput of 200-250dmg mainhand, and 80-100dmg offhand (with 26% thrust/slash resist? and swinging every 3secs?

with that kind of dmgoutput i couldn't beat one even if i burned AP and IP =/

is there any way at all to beat these (p)feckers 1o1?

N

nalistah

i would be glad if i met an infil that swing once every 3rd sec.
they swing more like once every 1.5 sec :eek:

A

Appollo

Originally posted by nalistah

1.8 to be precise

N

Nemue

Originally posted by nalistah

just didnt want to exagerate the numbers in the post, recon 3s os slow to be an infil, the particular one i met when those numbers in the first post appeared killed me in less than 10 seconds, and thats 1800hits in less tan 10secs, 5 of those secs i was stunned from backstab.

A

Aussie-

get Viper, AP3, WA3, MoP3 and Purge.
You can't loose. xD

N

Nemue

Originally posted by Aussie-
get Viper, AP3, WA3, MoP3 and Purge.
You can't loose. xD

I would, if i was a nightshade

A

Appollo

Originally posted by bullyjohn
doesnt backtap only stun like 2 secs?

Backstab - Thigh Cut - Debuffed - Poisoned = might aswell sit and spam release :)

B

bullyjohn

Originally posted by Appollo
Backstab - Thigh Cut - Debuffed - Poisoned = might aswell sit and spam release :)

hehe, yes your right, nothing left to do, 2secs and your gone :D cause backtap is the illest style over.

A

azshara

Originally posted by bullyjohn
hehe, yes your right, nothing left to do, 2secs and your gone :D cause backtap is the illest style over.
not rly, polly is just gimp and killing grays all the time ;/

F

Freppe^^

treaty.JPG

Show em this n they'll be quiet as a mouse!
I myself has a personal treaty with elajt!

P

-palan-

easy to kill a infil... get to rr8, get the above mentioned RAs and u can propably kill an infil every 30mins... :eek:

btw, i'm organising a rr on alb for tonight everyone is welcomed to join in. :rolleyes:

donno what albsies want with relics anyway :p

O

old.Emma

Better yet if you want to improve your chances currently. Take those str relics back ;p

STR relics are grossly overpowering alloying most class's that spec a weapon to hit cap or close to cap on almost every style.

Other than that get some top notch RA`s like AP, IP, Purge if you can and pray for the best ;p

L

liloe

roll a savage imho (with bb) and get IP, MoPain

hihi =)

C

censi

Inf's totaly pwn rangers.

always have done...

You could spec AP3 IP purge. Just getting those RA's ineeds about rr7+ and its kinda boring to have to spec that way just to fend off a ridiculously overpowered and massivly abundant class.

IF rangers were half as effective as infs they would have to replace the bow with a bazooka or something equivalent. its kinda funny watching all the crap infs out there go about there business. I cant remeber the last time an inf landed a PA on me b4 I F8+taunted them to the draw, but after that they go on the systamatically anihilate you into the ground with massive damage for their huge mellee spec and diamond back insta pwn. (ofc str relics dont exactly help the matter)

Given up trying to tell mythic about this stealther imbalance thing.

Id luv to see some of these infilotms play a class that actually has to work hard to get a kill...

(yes i got pwned!!! :) )

E

Elric IA

Most pierce users will have a natural disadvantage to alb leather as it is thrust resistant; only slash users amongst stalker classes have at best neutral. Whereas the infil will have neutral damage to hib leather and RF if they are thrust specced and for the odd 1 in 100 that might be slash specced then they are at a disadvantage to hib leather RF.

That doesnt give a great start. Buffbots, dragonfang on evade 7 class and melee relics make it harder as well.

N

nightsorrow

you dont, you just get ganked with 312 mainhand 80 ofhand etc, thats the rr5, not even mentioning the rr7+infils

even warders outdamage ns's lol

O

old.Emma

Like i said take away the str relics and thrust infs dont hit that hard maybe 150 at best with there anytime style/chain.

But that still doesnt solve the problems with dragonfang and the fact 15-20% of your damage is taken off anyway just because of spec AF.

For me personally the Nightshades i have faced as an SB were never a major problem like Infils. Diamondback is not the "I Win" button like DF. Yes its does give a NS a better chance of killing there target and even though its only a 4 second difference in stun duration, that 4 seconds is the difference between getting hit for 350 damage while stunned to upwards of 900 damage when stunned by a Thrust infil.

Until the style review turns up along with the RA review the best we can do SB and NS togeather is make sure we use every possible tool available to us to kill Infils. If that means using several plats worth of alchemy charges or making sure you are very buffed (purple buffs + several level`s of Mastery of the Arcane) then thats the best we can do.

Infils will get nurfed its guaranteed, the Infil TL is already sh*tting bricks over the nurf cries regarding the infil class and its just a matter of time before mythic nurfs Infils with a sledgehammer. When that day comes i and im sure many others will enjoy, /point /laugh at infils for having such an easy time killing everything possible.

I`ve always considered assassins the have been balanced the best possible way pre-nurf than they are currently (5-spec SB, not SZ), and during those times infils were not grossly overpowered because SB`s and to some extent NS could compete fairly well (rr5+ ofc). The day Left Axe got nurfed the short falls of the Shadowblade class because very clear and balance between the stealth class's just went straight out the window.

B

Bord

I've taken infils before with my (wait for it)... Bard.

If I get jumped in DF, and survive the initial onslaught, I use AM (2000 HP HOT over 30s) normally keeps me alive and kicking until Infil is OOE, and I am 80-100% life doing most damage with DD shout.

Small damage with blunt, but can always instamez partway thru battle and heal up.

I have upset a number of infil and scouts (Mostly RR5 or below to be fair) who thought I was an easy target. I accept that a high RR infl would prolly kill me before AM kicked in

Im not even battle specced (12+13 Blunt atm) but am surprisingly hard to kill if the PA / Creep chain doesnt get me straight off.

Just my Two'Penneth

Bord - 50 Bard
Mentaller - 41 Ment
Bubb - 34 Wardy
Brunch (LGM acer)

A

Appollo

Originally posted by old.Emma
Like i said take away the str relics and thrust infs dont hit that hard maybe 150 at best with there anytime style/chain.

But that still doesnt solve the problems with dragonfang and the fact 15-20% of your damage is taken off anyway just because of spec AF.

For me personally the Nightshades i have faced as an SB were never a major problem like Infils. Diamondback is not the "I Win" button like DF. Yes its does give a NS a better chance of killing there target and even though its only a 4 second difference in stun duration, that 4 seconds is the difference between getting hit for 350 damage while stunned to upwards of 900 damage when stunned by a Thrust infil.

Until the style review turns up along with the RA review the best we can do SB and NS togeather is make sure we use every possible tool available to us to kill Infils. If that means using several plats worth of alchemy charges or making sure you are very buffed (purple buffs + several level`s of Mastery of the Arcane) then thats the best we can do.

Infils will get nurfed its guaranteed, the Infil TL is already sh*tting bricks over the nurf cries regarding the infil class and its just a matter of time before mythic nurfs Infils with a sledgehammer. When that day comes i and im sure many others will enjoy, /point /laugh at infils for having such an easy time killing everything possible.

I`ve always considered assassins the have been balanced the best possible way pre-nurf than they are currently (5-spec SB, not SZ), and during those times infils were not grossly overpowered because SB`s and to some extent NS could compete fairly well (rr5+ ofc). The day Left Axe got nurfed the short falls of the Shadowblade class because very clear and balance between the stealth class's just went straight out the window.

If you look way way into the distance you might just be able 2 make out a Infil nerf, can you see it?

A

azshara2

Originally posted by Bord
I've taken infils before with my (wait for it)... Bard.

If I get jumped in DF, and survive the initial onslaught, I use AM (2000 HP HOT over 30s) normally keeps me alive and kicking until Infil is OOE, and I am 80-100% life doing most damage with DD shout.
end pots 4 teh win ;x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom