how do i uninstall winmx??

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
how do i uninstall winmx?? iv tryed uninstalling it but i can still get on it. how in bum do i get rid of it??

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Thank you Mr Panda. Ahem.

-- Anyway: Windows version please.

Other than that - where did you try uninstalling from? If you tried from a shortcut icon link then try instead from the Control Panel->Add Remove Programs dialog. They should do the same thing - but it's worth trying both to cover against shoddy coding.

If that really doesn't work then you could just admit defeat and delete the WinMX folder in the start menu and in Program Files (or wherever you installed to). It's not really good practice to do this as it will leave behind registry entries, but for a one off it's probably forgivable.

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
i got win xp pro and i clicked on the add/romove 1 it sed it was uninstalled but i whent into the c drive and it was there and it still works fine the only thing that was uninstalled was the uninstaller icon.

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
Open windows explorer and go to C:\Program Files\ and delete the WinMX folder and all its contents

as Shovel already suggested.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
But nobody likes a messy registery! :eek6:

You lot probably leave your documents untagged and lying around willy nilly, too :eek:

Mind you, I don't have any suggestions, so, erm... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom