how come friars dont get grps in rvr?

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
i know next to nothing about rvr group setups being a hunter and all, but i often read on different boards something like: make a friar and never get a grp again m8. hmm dont get it..i often made the mistake of attacking a solo briton running around with his staff thinking, ah solo caster easy rps. and ofcourse getting my hands full when the "wizzy" starts slaping me silly with the very same staff. friars is often refered to as the best solo class there is how come i never see them in any grps?

they hit hard and fast. reflex attack gotta be great when the ma train tries to run em over. they can heal (a little), access to ip etc etc. is it the lag of plate? they use leather but have absorb and af shield selfspells.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Hence the same problem with reavers. Tank with no det = no group :eek2:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Too many det tanks... but if your mins is good, a friar can be nice in a group as my guild proved a few months ago in emain(phusion was our friar he did very well)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Reaver and Friar are no tanks. Reaver is a hybrid just like the Thane but alot better, and Friar is lightyears ahead of Thanes :D I never meele a friar cause i will get my arse handed to my on a plate. DD him, if he runs toward you 99% chance its a friar better run away, if he stops and starts casting keep dd until target is dead ;)

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
there are several problems friars have in RvR groups:
- friars have a crap weaponskill and it's hard to hit thru guard.
- bof doesn't work when absbuff up ( canceling absbuff will make enemies hit for like 50 - 100 dmg more each round )
- friars don't have det/pf, so you get cc'd to hell.

only reason someone would invite you to a group would be a crush debuff staff.. since crush mercs are fotm this/next patch.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Dunno, their resist buffs are a pain ;)

Mael, 50th ment.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
there are several problems friars have in RvR groups:
- friars have a crap weaponskill and it's hard to hit thru guard. <- Yes, thanks to Mythic for giving friars DEX/QUI buff and not raising DEX as their primary or even secondary stat. Now fully buffed friar has 75DEX less than they should.
- bof doesn't work when absbuff up ( canceling absbuff will make enemies hit for like 50 - 100 dmg more each round ) <- Didn't know that Oo
- friars don't have det/pf, so you get cc'd to hell. <- Yep.

only reason someone would invite you to a group would be a crush debuff staff.. since crush mercs are fotm this/next patch.

Stupid Quoting Stuff :\ cba to fix

Also Friar's resist buffs don't cover either Mid or Hib PBAOE, They don't cover Mez. Sure it might seem good on paper that Friar and Shaman (Both being secondary healer) have same resists, but the difference is that Mid Groups always have Shaman, Alb Groups (opted) rarely have Friar..

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
that bof bug is there since the RA patch went life on the US servers... mythic knows about that bug, but they won't fix it because there are more important things to do and because noone plays friar anyways....

maybe frontiers will fix those bugs...

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Only problem with friar i noticed while lving mine, dex never raises ;/ should be primary stat.(that's why their ws is lower than other hybrids)

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Only problem with friar i noticed while lving mine, dex never raises ;/ should be primary stat.(that's why their ws is lower than other hybrids)

Werent they given a self dex buff to compensate for this? It came at the same time as they got more spec points.

It would be nice if they did get around to giving or fixing determination for hybrids so that we did see more varied classes in the game

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
Mavericky said:
Werent they given a self dex buff to compensate for this? It came at the same time as they got more spec points.

It would be nice if they did get around to giving or fixing determination for hybrids so that we did see more varied classes in the game

well that self buff is really shit, delve value is 69 dex/quick, so bb buffs are better.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Mavericky said:

Det for hybrids and many tanks would find them is same shit as b4 Det came.
Not gonna happend, unless tanks get DD or some nasty shit and then casters would QQ

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Mavericky said:
Werent they given a self dex buff to compensate for this?
If the buff stacked with spec dexqui and base dex, then it would compensate something.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
lack of Det mixed with missing too much
There melee damage output is much less than a Merc, the resist buffs aren't great against fotm groups etc.

A year ago Friars were considered good at RvR

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
It's so sad imo that Albion has 14 class and 6 (friar, scout, reaver, necro, infiltrator and cabalist) cannot get normal RvR groups at all. I hope RA and style review will change it.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
A Friar can get an RvR group. They may not be the best solution, but the best solution isn't always available. The only problem is mez duration, root is not a problem if Friar specs for 24% matter resist buff (which will also help the entire group vs root of course). Demez can always sort that. But then again, a Det5 tank is a safe card requiring less work to function :)

Sorus

Fledgling Freddie
Alas some of the problem is caused by the fact that too many friars went battle spec so cant heal and just rush in to the fight forgeting that there a hybrid.

I have managed to get a few groups outside guild but not many :wij: in my guild groups though they know im gona make a good contribution depending on the situation either healing or following the assist train but overall peeps think ahh friar tank with no det still.

Fraev TheDuck RR4L5 and rising :clap:

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
We regularly have a friar in our groups. Very useful for their resists, extra ressing, and extra healing. While not the best tank, or best healer, can do both reasonably well and bring a lot of versitility to a single group slot.

Also it's hilarious to see noob druid just set their pets on the healer at the back, just to see that healer one shot the pet and beat 7 shades of crap about the druid. :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
From what I've seen, Friars make a very nice class, vs the right armor, they can really do some dmg, then you have the "Is that a caster" factor, I always get fooled :<

Someone said that the buffs aren't that great, its only a few points lower then cleric spec fgs lool, just because its not quite the same, its still just as effective.

I really hate the fact that alot of classes are left out of the gank groups because of 1 very cheap RA, Det. I hope it will be sorted with the arrival of the new RA system.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Jaem- said:
From what I've seen, Friars make a very nice class, vs the right armor, they can really do some dmg, then you have the "Is that a caster" factor, I always get fooled :<

Someone said that the buffs aren't that great, its only a few points lower then cleric spec fgs lool, just because its not quite the same, its still just as effective.

The problem; which you all do not seem to understand is that the buff itself is fine, BUT everyone gets these buffs nowadays with buffbots.

Now that wouldnt be a problem but friars do not level their primary damage-stat. Imagine a mercenary not levelling STR or a warrior not levelling STR or a caster not INT/PIE. That is the problem with friars!

That buff makes up abit; yes. But if you put a fullybuffed tank next to it he will have 45 points more in his damage-stat. Being a hybrid cuts the weaponskill even more down. Add to that 1.5x specpoints and 4 spec-lines to spec and you start to understand the problem of the friar. But that is not all: Lack of determination, the wrong resist-buffs, BOF RA not working and you got yourselves a class which is pretty much useless in fg vs fg RvR unless you cannot find a better candidate.

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
It's so sad imo that Albion has 14 class and 6 (friar, scout, reaver, necro, infiltrator and cabalist) cannot get normal RvR groups at all. I hope RA and style review will change it.

I agree.

Thanes, runemasters, bonedancers, shadowblades, hunters suffers from the same.

I do, however, think it's appropriate for the stealther classes to be left out of groups. They somehow built to solo or at least group with other stealther classes only.

I hope this changes. I think every class should be just as viable in a group as the other classes, to give more diversity, more strategies, and it would be a fatal blow to the FotM setups leaving out a major part of any realm's population.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
That buff makes up abit; yes. But if you put a fullybuffed tank next to it he will have 45 points more in his damage-stat. Being a hybrid cuts the weaponskill even more down. Add to that 1.5x specpoints and 4 spec-lines to spec and you start to understand the problem of the friar. But that is not all: Lack of determination, the wrong resist-buffs, BOF RA not working and you got yourselves a class which is pretty much useless in fg vs fg RvR unless you cannot find a better candidate.
If you did swap cleric and friar resists things would of course be better for friars but even worse for albs in general as a typical group would now need:
cleric - decent heals
minstrel - speed
paladin - end
sorc - cc
and friar - resist buffs

If friars end regen was group instead of self you could leave out the paladin, this would at least add a bit more variation in alb groups. No problem with having two classes than can supply end regen to a group, heck most other things are on several classes, although usually roughly twice as strong on one as the other.
Mind Sorc - ae mezz - also mins and air theurg
Minstrel - speed - also sorc and theurg
Bard - ae mezz - also light eld
cleric - heals - also friar and body caba!
etc

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I always thought a nice way to boost Friars / Reavers is to give them some more group utility.

For example, the self-haste on Friar could be turned into a group-haste.

The damage addon Reavers could be turned into a group damage add, and the self lifetap-proc could be turned into a "target: realm" buff.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Old.Ilum said:
I always thought a nice way to boost Friars / Reavers is to give them some more group utility.

For example, the self-haste on Friar could be turned into a group-haste.

The damage addon Reavers could be turned into a group damage add, and the self lifetap-proc could be turned into a "target: realm" buff.

/agreed :worthy:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Should give friars cure aoe disease perhaps or group, i am sure that would get them groups more definetly.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Should give friars cure aoe disease perhaps or group, i am sure that would get them groups more definetly.

That's already a master level ability.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Det should only be for caster and pure healers, and AOM for that matter, either that or allow caster and pure healers access to meele resist RAs that renders melee attacks agaist them as there magic is against tanks.

Friers should have the same healing abilities as the shamen, probably need to give them 2 skill points per level as well to make them more group friendly. Albion probably has the worst deal when it comes to there healing classes and the added extras they have. BOF only slightly makes up for this. Bards don't have a slower speed song that Mincers/Thanes, Wardens PBT has the same pulse rate as casters, Druids have best roots in game, Healers have better CC than sorcerer, Shamen have caster DOT and best Disease spells in game. Now look at clerics, damaging line thats worse than a thanes (who get a 1500 range instent and castable DD). Friers yes are good at tanking, but that will self cast top buffs, this cannot really be improved on (appart from an extra str/con buff), any other tanks with the same top level buffs will kick there ass. Some hybrid tanks have there own specline str/con buff but with friers its almost every stat buff needed to bring them up to level, without possiblity of extra buffing ontop.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Balbor said:
Det should only be for caster and pure healers, and AOM for that matter, either that or allow caster and pure healers access to meele resist RAs that renders melee attacks agaist them as there magic is against tanks.

Friers should have the same healing abilities as the shamen, probably need to give them 2 skill points per level as well to make them more group friendly. Albion probably has the worst deal when it comes to there healing classes and the added extras they have. BOF only slightly makes up for this. Bards don't have a slower speed song that Mincers/Thanes, Wardens PBT has the same pulse rate as casters, Druids have best roots in game, Healers have better CC than sorcerer, Shamen have caster DOT and best Disease spells in game. Now look at clerics, damaging line thats worse than a thanes (who get a 1500 range instent and castable DD). Friers yes are good at tanking, but that will self cast top buffs, this cannot really be improved on (appart from an extra str/con buff), any other tanks with the same top level buffs will kick there ass. Some hybrid tanks have there own specline str/con buff but with friers its almost every stat buff needed to bring them up to level, without possiblity of extra buffing ontop.

I think you should do us a Favor and not post here :) det only to casters and healers, made me laugh at the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom