how come friars dont get grps in rvr?

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Phusion said:
well that self buff is really shit, delve value is 69 dex/quick, so bb buffs are better.

So delve value 69 dex/qui sucks? Shammie dex/qui delves at 70 dex/qui... ;)

Can't really see any big flaws with friars, sure they lack det, but their base class is acolyte, no? So you have a class that is a healer from base, that can beat a savage in a duel (savage buffed ofc, making it a 1 vs 1.5 fight) and that's not good? :) Duels mean shit in RvR, but that must be an indication that atleast something is right with the class?
You get matter resist buffs to lower duration on root, and heat/cold to lower damage of mid/hib casters. While also getting a rather good tank.

Of all the hybrids, friars strike me as the most complete one. Heals, buffs, Good melee damage, self end, self haste, insta taunt, caster camo, high evade.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Caeli said:
Can't really see any big flaws with friars, sure they lack det, but their base class is acolyte, no? So you have a class that is a healer from base, that can beat a savage in a duel (savage buffed ofc, making it a 1 vs 1.5 fight) and that's not good? :) Duels mean shit in RvR, but that must be an indication that atleast something is right with the class?
You get matter resist buffs to lower duration on root, and heat/cold to lower damage of mid/hib casters. While also getting a rather good tank.

Of all the hybrids, friars strike me as the most complete one. Heals, buffs, Good melee damage, self end, self haste, insta taunt, caster camo, high evade.

Fully agree, they are hurt by the overpowered determination RA and the fps mentality. With a bit of luck that will change with the Frontiers. If you read closely what old hand friars write on for example Drunken Friar they dont want changes as the class would end up being very powerful and no one want the nerf bat after your class. Only bad thing is that there really isnt any reason to spec in one of the lines, ie rejuvenation. But same goes for shammies so it isnt unique :)

bult

Loyal Freddie
Caeli said:
So delve value 69 dex/qui sucks? Shammie dex/qui delves at 70 dex/qui... ;)

They heal for shit. They only hit shields and fuck all else. They only got basebuffs for the group. The ressistbuffs are the least needed ones. They are weak, die faster then a real tank(grp vs grp). BoF is bugged. No det. No PF.

Paladin is the best hybrid class easy. They dont only fit into groups they are very much needed in gankgrps (except caster ones).

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
friars have 1300 WS with selfbuffs,
got into a PE group ones with my friar, we met EL and i got CC'd to fuck, then i reached a target but couldn't hit it at all (got sorc speed while hitting the target, which means ALL my attacked got blocked for more then 10 seconds).

now that's a reason for not taking a friar into a RvR group is it?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Thank you phusion for ruining it for me :fluffle:

I'm making a friar to play in rvr, but I suddenly don't feel like I should.

Kinag.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
Thank you phusion for ruining it for me :fluffle:

I'm making a friar to play in rvr, but I suddenly don't feel like I should.

Kinag.

Maybe he's saving you from a lot of pain and tears :)

Bilz

Fledgling Freddie
Phusion,
Are you sure your hitrate is that low? I mean, even vs. buffed enemies i tend to hit quite a lot. Or did... haven't been able to get a good rvr grp with my friar for ages now.
Gifv Det imo

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Fadeh, I have already made it.. made it some time ago.. it's 33 atm.

I will continue to lvl it anyway, my favourite class and I think it always will be.. starting to get a thing for minstrels as well now though :p

Kinag.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
the problem is that, friars have 1 clas when they are buffed, but other classes are 1.5- maybe even 2 classes when buffed (as in how powerful) so friars got some real shit problems. the selfbuffs sucks compared to bb specs, low absorb, evade is halfed vs dual wielders, 2hand, and i think they got a miss bug, was in combat vs a dia mob, 25 misses of out 37 hits... thats not normal...
compare it with shamans, shamans get best spec buffs, aoe disease, aoe root, bolt, dd, instant pbae disease, chain, a hot that works (dunno if its worth using tho, havnt played shaman for over 1 year)... you need shamans anyway for grps, so they utility just explodes, and imo the best class in game along with sorc, friars have no grp utility which is a shame :<

oh and... their spec dex/quick self is value 59 :p

could be good if they gave em better utility, as people mentioned, grp cure disease, grp end chant, mebbe low value self instants, cheap self heals, aoe poison cure, stuff like that

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>25 misses of out 37 hits... thats not normal...

I wouldnt recommend you to play on the lotto that day, horrible bad luck :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
that was the most extreme ive tried, been or things near it, but its not unusual for me to miss alot, how bout other friars?

Sorus

Fledgling Freddie
never noticed much of a difference in miss rates when comparing my friar to my other toons. in PvE friars are grat for soloing farming in df you have more of a chance of dying than a pally but you can kill the mobs so much faster, rvR we have problems same as most classes without Det.

With self bufs i have.
Ws = 1312 :eek7:
Hits = 1662
AF = 629
ABS = 25%

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Get enough friars in an assist train hitting BM's and Bards with crush weak armour, That would raise some eyebrows :)

Mimen

Fledgling Freddie
Bone_Idle said:
Get enough friars in an assist train hitting BM's and Bards with crush weak armour, That would raise some eyebrows :)

We got crush mercs for that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom