how class is music ?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
ive numbered your points and answered them below.

1 - you said it wasnt racist it was about religion. i pointed out that if i said christ is a ****, muslims are terrorists etc it would be seen as racism. Its disrespectful to the religion and imo racist (and im sure in the eyes of many).

Ok lets get the basic sorted first. No, saying muslims are terrorists is not racist. Becasue once again muslims are not a race....

lets say you name your pet after your best friend are you being disrespectful to your friend? No it is a mark of respect if anything.

Darksword said:
2 - Rastafarian = Ras TafarI Makonen. short thing - Rasta's believe that Emperor Haile Selassie (lord of lords, king of kings, conquering lion of the tribe of judah and elect of God to give him his full title) IS Jesus christ, God in manly form. Rasta IS tafari makonen. So its like calling your char Christ.

This point really is meaningless. CONTEXT is what is important. rasta can be used as both a noun and an adjective. as an adjective it is an abrieviation of rastafarian.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&lr=&oi=defmore&defl=en&q=define:rasta

Darksword said:
3 - im just pointing out its disrespectful, its double standards and it seems (atleast imo) unfair.

No, you have done no such thing, you have used a poor analogy that obviously does not apply.

Darksword said:
on a side note - this is the MAJOR flaw with western society, all other religions are seen as inferior to christianity, you probably will critisize this point, and say its not true etc, but the point remains, and it will not be changed, christianity is viewed by western society as superior.

Of course, how can a religion not be based on the assumption that it is the correct path to the promised land/heaven? That would completely defeat the purpose. Do you think islam or any other religion view christianity as valid? As you yourself have said rasta stole alot from the christian bible and has kept most of its bigotry like condeming homosexuality as an evil act. As a side point this in itself is enough to validate the actions of anyone who wants to take the piss out if it. I dont think OP did but who cares anyway..

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
Ok lets get the basic sorted first. No, saying muslims are terrorists is not racist. Becasue once again muslims are not a race....

lets say you name your pet after your best friend are you being disrespectful to your friend? No it is a mark of respect if anything.

This point really is meaningless. CONTEXT is what is important. rasta can be used as both a noun and an adjective. as an adjective it is an abrieviation of rastafarian.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&lr=&oi=defmore&defl=en&q=define:rasta

No, you have done no such thing, you have used a poor analogy that obviously does not apply.

Of course, how can a religion not be based on the assumption that it is the correct path to the promised land/heaven? That would completely defeat the purpose. Do you think islam or any other religion view christianity as valid? As you yourself have said rasta stole alot from the christian bible and has kept most of its bigotry like condeming homosexuality as an evil act. As a side point this in itself is enough to validate the actions of anyone who wants to take the piss out if it. I dont think OP did but who cares anyway..

OMG. right you obviously know NOTHING about RastafarI, i myself only know so much, and even that is VERY little. but by making such a statement you have completely lost any respect i could EVER have for you, that is the most bullshit thing ive heard all year, and is probably the MOST offencive thing you could have said against the religion. - if anything you have proven my previous point. i really cant go on with this discussion without insulting people.

the point remains its double standards.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:

How come? Who said you can't diss christianity(or however it's spelled).

I wouldn't give a rat's arse if you named a savage Jesus and went out to kill people and spit at their corpse (in game of course ;)). Just think you're SO overreacting when seeing this, sometimes people can find racism in anything. Why should someone following a religion care about what someones outside their religion says about them? And the should care even less about some pixels running around with a name over them. If people actually feel hurt by this, something's seriously wrong.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
OMG. right you obviously know NOTHING about RastafarI, i myself only know so much, and even that is VERY little. but by making such a statement you have completely lost any respect i could EVER have for you, that is the most bullshit thing ive heard all year, and is probably the MOST offencive thing you could have said against the religion. - if anything you have proven my previous point. i really cant go on with this discussion without insulting people.

Ballard said:
<snip>As you yourself have said rasta stole alot from the christian bible<snip>

Darksword said:
<snip> It portrays RastafarI wrongly, and goes completely against the teachings of the religion (Which is largely based on christianity).<snip>

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. ^_^

Im sure Mikos cares alot that you have no respect for him, really.
Why would he need to know anything about rasta's? All he said was that it wasnt racist.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:

Quotes from wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafarian

Re: the bible:
Rastafari is a strongly syncretic Abrahamic religion that draws extensively from the Bible. They particularly like the New Testament Book of Revelation, as this (5:5) is where they find the prophecies about the divinity of Haile Selassie. Rastas believe that they, and the rest of the black race, are descendants of the ancient twelve tribes of Israel, cast into captivity outside Africa as a result of the slave trade.

Homosexuality
Homosexuality is seen as sinful and decadent, though in this attitude Rastafari is far from unique, and some Rastas are indifferent to homosexuality or accept it. Some claim that extra attention may be paid to homophobia in Rastafari, however, because persecution of homosexuals is common in Jamaica among Rastas and non-Rastas alike.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
So i was showing that if i said something about an a religion, like jews are retards or somethings, thats racism.

Attacking a religion is not racist.

The Jews are a RACE of people not a religion. Their religion is Judaism, their race is (usually) Israeli.

Racism does not refer to religion only race. See below quote from just one source explaining what racism is.

any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Attacking a Pakistani or an Indian or a Chinese person, or for that matter an Englishman, would be racist.

Attacking them for being Muslim, Buddist, Roman Catholic/Protestant is against the law in most countries, but it is not racist, it is however ignorant, narrow minded and shows prejudice of the worst kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom