Hosting deals

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I went for 1&1 originally, after their site showed £xx/month. Signed over my domain to get their IPStag (before you pay for anything), then came to the final bill which (in hindsight unsurprisingly) asks you to pay yearly and came in higher than I thought. I cancelled, but because they already took my domain under their IPStag I couldn't have control of anything to do with it - because I cancelled the purchase.

I contacted them and asked them to change the tag back (afaik nominet have an automated tool to do it which costs nothing) but oh no, we can't do that sir. A few weeks, lots of toing and froing (with nominet, as 1&1 refused to help) and 17 quid later and I had my tag back where it was originally. The part that irritated me most was that nowhere during sign up or the details of the hosting did it mention that you have to pay annually, I double checked to make sure.

</mini_rant>

Chilly

Balls of steel
Went with mebmania in the end - not too keen on some spurious american host.

It seems good so far :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
My brother is here. I'll use his card.
120GB data transfer a month. I can host all kinds of shit with that. And it's cheaper :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
thats very true - if you can get it set up then nice one.

Webmania are proving to be very good so far, i clicked their live help widget and within 5 minutes i was talking to a tech monkey on IRC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom