Horror movie genre

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'll just throw this in here then, Drag Me To Hell was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I've heard "Dog Soldiers" is a pretty good horror movie.
Haven't seen it myself yet, though :p I have the DVD at home, but I haven't gotten to watching it yet...

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
anyone seen 'header'?

i'll just say that there's hillbillys having sex with peoples brains

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I've heard "Dog Soldiers" is a pretty good horror movie.
Haven't seen it myself yet, though :p I have the DVD at home, but I haven't gotten to watching it yet...

omg dog soldiers is flipping brilliant!! really low budget and depends on actual character/acting strengths and a brilliant script, has to be one of my fave horror movies ever tbh.

I think my faves are as follows (in no particular order)

the lost boys
dog soldiers (closely followed by american werewolf in london)
28 days later (not weeks though, that one stank!) & Sean of the dead
jaws (by far the best of the 'real' creature features though lake placid, arachnophobia and anaconda are also great fun)

so we got the staples here; zombies, werewolves, vampires and creatures. Then you got your 'real person' horrors of which I think the scariest (and best) creation is Hannibal Lecter but I have to say the scenarios presented in Saw were (for me) absolutely bloody terrifying, I mean jeeze what the hell would I do in those situations???

However, Michael Myers & Jason are also good for a cheap scream and freddy kruger I am sad to say I have never seen an Elm St movie but loved him in Freddy vs Jason which was really good fun.

I don't generally get scared by these films they are just good shock 'eep hide behind slightly opened fingers' movies but one that had me looking behind my shoulder was not technically a horror and that was 'Signs' which really creeped me out and still makes me a bit scared to go to the bathroom in the dark without my torch incase an alien is stood by the sink...using my toothbrush.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Cube (I think that was what it was called) was pretty good irrc.

It's not new & the sequel was rubbish (well it was identical but worse).

Tend to not bother with horror as it really doesn't float my boat - I do like Event Horizon though, probably 'cause they bothered to get characters in there as well.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i dunno its certainly got its comedy genuis moments but some parts are really atmospheric and there are some right 'squinty eergh face' moments tbh

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Lately, i have been finding the horror movie genre to be an assfest of diarrhea puking inbreds with stealth capabilities each time i try to downl....rent a new movie.

Basically, i need you guy/gal's advice on good horror movies that are fairly new as well. And please, nothing with a bunch of teenagers taking a hike in the swamp and getting pummeled by inbreds or what not!

Trick'R'Treat! Gogogogogogogogo!!!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
watching Drag Me to Hell - the wife keeps jumping out her skin lolololol - I think its quite funny :D

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Ok, in no particular order...

The Thing.
Evil Dead II.
Creepshow (Short stories by Steven King)
Pumpkinhead.
Leprechaun.
The Ring (Jap version)
The Grudge (Again jap version)
Also one that no one else I've ever asked has heard of called Return of the unnameable. Saw it at 2am when I was 13 and was vastly entertained.

if I think of any more I'll add them.

eksdee

FH is my second home
didn't read the whole thread so sorry if there is any repeats:

event horizon
tale of two sisters
spoorloos (dutch film, english title: the vanishing)
dog soldiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom