Horror movie genre

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Lately, i have been finding the horror movie genre to be an assfest of diarrhea puking inbreds with stealth capabilities each time i try to downl....rent a new movie.

Basically, i need you guy/gal's advice on good horror movies that are fairly new as well. And please, nothing with a bunch of teenagers taking a hike in the swamp and getting pummeled by inbreds or what not!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Grotesque.

Warning. This is violent, no story and is 99% based on torture. Banned in the UK. Watched it with 3 flat mates. Horrid. Horrid. Horrid. *Shudders*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well now, the classic horror was teenagers getting spunked and then stabbed.

I think you need to define your "ideal horror" to give good suggestions.

It's not jsut horror though, comedy is in the same pot; piss, poo, screaming jokes and it's a wrap.

Best comedy i've seen is that BBC movie, questions about time travel or some such, which was one of the best made movies in a long while.

That's saying a lot as the brits don't do entertainment well THAT often :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ideal horror, well. Dark Water, Ringu, The Grudge etc etc. Also, zombie apocalypse movies (probably seen them all anyway), and survival horror that is not based on american teenagers. Also looking for anything new from 2008-2009 that doesn't involve too much torture and (you guessed it) american teenagers.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
theres one out called fido where blly connoly plays this boys pet zombie and eats a neighbour that looks quite funny

i'm more into horror comecy now because like OD said earlier most of the 'serious' horrors are just torture and no storyline, OK so the classic horrors didnt have great storylines but twas the suspense and the "aargh dont go in there!!" that I enjoy most.

Am going to see Zombieland just before Halloween that looks quite good fun :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i was thinking the same thing recently, didn't really find anything good since the 1980s

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
[REC] is pretty good, just don't be a pussy and watch the American remake Quarantine.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Event Horizon

11369266_gal.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Event Horizon

11369266_gal.jpg

Agree 100%

A horror movie should not be all about random mutilation it should make you scared, not just make you go urgh. Horror movies these days are just boring slash fests or pointless US teen movies.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The wife has just turned in for the night...I think I might have a wee drinkie and watch Event Horizon on DVD....:)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
all lights off and headphones really loud :D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
event horizon rocks...

but Jacobs ladder owns. Demonic-Horror outweights any genre.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Ok so there are teenagers in it but "Wolf Creek" isnt exactly what you expect and i found it really good!

Zenith

Part of the furniture
REC, Orphanage, Låt den rätta komma in (Let the right one in).

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
REC is very overrated imo. There's only one scene that was scary.
Orphanage has lots of atmosphere, good storyline but not all that scary. I still recommend it though :)
If you want a scary horrormovie, go for shutter (asian version). That's some scary shit. Again, don't bother with the american version.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
theres one out called fido where blly connoly plays this boys pet zombie and eats a neighbour that looks quite funny

i'm more into horror comecy now because like OD said earlier most of the 'serious' horrors are just torture and no storyline, OK so the classic horrors didnt have great storylines but twas the suspense and the "aargh dont go in there!!" that I enjoy most.

Am going to see Zombieland just before Halloween that looks quite good fun :)

Just saw Zombieland with a friend. It was great. The main character girl in it looks sooo like this girl im seeing soon :ninja: scary

aika

Can't get enough of FH
The Thing, Event Horizon, Jacob's Ladder

cant think of anything else atm

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I love zombie / infected movies.

REC is the last decent one i saw.

On the comedy horror side, Sam Raimi's "Drag me to hell" had some funny moments, tho Shawn >>>> all :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Agree 100%

A horror movie should not be all about random mutilation it should make you scared, not just make you go urgh. Horror movies these days are just boring slash fests or pointless US teen movies.

Different horror flicks, different strokes.

Not to mention most horror movies just rely on the shockmusicspook to "scare" you.

Psychological scaring ahsn't been around for a long time.

White noise could work, decent enough.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I didn't like event horizon....Dr Allen Grant got his eyes put out!! fgs how will he escape from the velocerapters now??!! :(

Wolf creek was ...alright but was laughable the "this is a true story" thing, because when you watch the film the only survivor doesn't see what happens to the other two and the movie is mainly about what happens to them...so in other words its all amde up aside from what one person 'says' happened to them lol

Hope drag me to hell is out on dvd by halloween might get that as my real horror movie and getting Igor out as the other one (always get a kiddy one to watch with my chinese lol)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i thought REC was complete shit, my mates were screaming how amazing this was and the whole way through it i was sitting hoping that scene was the last scene. At the end when they put the camera up the loft i knew exactly what was going to happen

Japs still rock at horrors, original ring made me cry a little inside, the grudge was just nasty

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
White noise at the cinema really shit me up, but that plays on loud noises etc, which personally i love

Works with a home theater too, it's not what you call a shock-horror, but it sure does make you wake up at 2:30am :D

Marc

FH is my second home
I can honestly say I havent been scared by any film that I have watched, but for some reason, I shat myself at the trailer to "fourth kind" about alien abductions.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can honestly say I havent been scared by any film that I have watched, but for some reason, I shat myself at the trailer to "fourth kind" about alien abductions.

Well, to be honest you shit yourself when some internet guy challenges you to a match so :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom