Horizons..

E

envenom

Anyone gonna try it? its released in the UK tomorrow was wondering if anyone had beta tested it here and wanted to hear some opinions on it..

O

old.GeForce

meant to be a bit crap... or so I've heard

J

Jonaldo

It's better than DAoC, only thing missing is the pvp which is what a lto of people want though.

E

envenom

Jon u played it yet? whats it like i mean exping etc ive heard the crafting system is one of the best ever il probably be a Dragon tomorrow i mean who is'nt? the chance to fly around and stuff sounds cool to me ^^

T

the_fnord

I might try Horizons out when my daoc sub expires.
PvP isn't of much importence to me atm anyways and it looks decent enough...

N

Nightchill

haven't heard anything particularly good about it yet (but likewise nothing overly bad) :)

E

envenom

the only bad thing ive actually heard about it is its abit laggy atm with it being new and all but apart from that other ppl have said its pretty decent.

if only them fekers at GAME would sell be a friking copy today id be able to give some opinions :( oh well tomorrow it will be

T

the_fnord

Bah! think i'll hold off untill Darkfall comes out anyways... been reading sum more reviews and beginning to think it might not be my bag of tea... not that all the reviews were bad or ranting flames, just more and more found that nah... not for me...
Guess I'll stick to daoc a few more months than expected. :)

E

envenom

darkfall looks good too nice pvp and stuff but they keep falling behind dates and stuff.

E

Easdown

yeah saw that this was coming out soon and need a new rpg now, so i might just try it

O

old.Vae

Playing it atm on Wind. It's passable - gonna reserve judgement until end of free month. Only really disappointing thing is you are locked into servers by your ip/billing address until they open a atransatlantic account at a $5 premium :rolleyes:

T

the_fnord

Originally posted by old.Vae
Playing it atm on Wind. It's passable - gonna reserve judgement until end of free month. Only really disappointing thing is you are locked into servers by your ip/billing address until they open a atransatlantic account at a $5 premium :rolleyes:
Just wondering how the combat system is? Don't want another f8 spell or style, spell or style etc etc...

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by the_fnord
Just wondering how the combat system is? Don't want another f8 spell or style, spell or style etc etc...
well,unles they changed it alot since i beta tested it it's klick mob,klick attack,hope you win the fight and repeat for 6038029383494 times.very fun :p

T

the_fnord

Oki thnx for info.
quite makes up my mind! no horizons for me...

*wanders away and ponders about if to play DnL*

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by kalgarn
well,unles they changed it alot since i beta tested it it's klick mob,klick attack,hope you win the fight and repeat for 6038029383494 times.very fun :p
At level 1 maybe :p

With my Warrior/Mag/Cleric I would use different fighting styles based on their timers whilst healing myself and could root, blast mobs to pull them with spells and also give myself a damage add :p

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by SilverHood
grind as dull as DAoC :)

nuff said
There is no grind as pve is all there is to Horizons. The grind in daoc is to get to 50 asap and go rvr. As there is no 'end game' as such in Horizons the basis of the game is on roleplaying, enjoying the community and going out hunting and exploring with friends. XP grind doesn't even come into play, and if it did then the person that powergamed it to reach the highest level first would be kind of silly when realising there's nothing left to achieve in that aspect of the game.

E

envenom

got the game today all i can say is wow its a zillion times better then SWG better then DAOC in most places in fact the only thing really missing from this is pvp but then again its fun without it actually.

dont like crafting in daoc? you'll love it here i hated crafting in daoc its boring as hell here its actually fun.

The interface is one of the best ive seen it just works so right with the game.

gfx not the best gfx in the world but who needs good gfx when the gameplay is great?

as Jonaldo said theres no need to grind theres no pvp so why rush? just enjoy the game for what it is.

i remember logging onto daoc for the 1st time and thinking this is amazing and this is what im feeling with horizons.

logged onto SWG and immediatly thought it was a pile of crap.

there can only be good things to come for this game, my advice bored of DAOC? get this

oh 1 more thing the soundtrack in this game is like watching a film some of it reminds me of gladiator and other great films

S

SilverHood

somehow, the joy of leveling with no immidiate end game doesn't apeal to me :)

That said, the badlands near New Bagely look bloody ace!

K

katt!

Originally posted by Jonaldo
There is no grind as pve is all there is to Horizons. The grind in daoc is to get to 50 asap and go rvr. As there is no 'end game' as such in Horizons the basis of the game is on roleplaying, enjoying the community and going out hunting and exploring with friends. XP grind doesn't even come into play, and if it did then the person that powergamed it to reach the highest level first would be kind of silly when realising there's nothing left to achieve in that aspect of the game.

grind = time consuming repetitous task.

and horizons sure has it.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by katt!

You just described every single task in life, nice one.

Best game ever on PC is probably Half Life or some other Doom clone. Repetive running round and shooting monsters. Enjoy going out of a weekend and sleeping with as many women as possible? repetitive going up to the bar, drinking and groin movements :rolleyes:

So you managed to totally ignore the point of the post which was that you don't HAVE TO be involved in any kind of xp grind as you're in no rush to get to the highest level possible to participate in some high level only activity such as you are in DAoC. Shame you missed that really.

Oh well gotta get ready to go out and play 5-a-side. Repetitive running about in a hall and kicking a ball around :(

T

the_fnord

DaoC end game aka RvR= pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> logg = time consuming repetitous task.

Now where did I put that cheese? :p

K

katt!

You just described every single task in life, nice one.

Best game ever on PC is probably Half Life or some other Doom clone. Repetive running round and shooting monsters. Enjoy going out of a weekend and sleeping with as many women as possible? repetitive going up to the bar, drinking and groin movements :rolleyes:

So you managed to totally ignore the point of the post which was that you don't HAVE TO be involved in any kind of xp grind as you're in no rush to get to the highest level possible to participate in some high level only activity such as you are in DAoC. Shame you missed that really.

Oh well gotta get ready to go out and play 5-a-side. Repetitive running about in a hall and kicking a ball around :(

did i hurt your cuddlyfavourite game?

nowhere did i mention "not enjoyable".

K

katt!

Originally posted by the_fnord
DaoC end game aka RvR= pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> pad---> port--> buff--> run--> killed ---> release--> logg = time consuming repetitous task.

Now where did I put that cheese? :p

+a few variables in between.

yeah, it is repetitous - but the element of pvpcombat makes it more fun.

O

old.Hellskor

From my 'logged-in-for-10min-then-got-booted-due-to-server-maintance' experience:

laggy, wierd run animations and lots of switches to flip and play around with in the options menue... luv it already :D

... but then, first thing I did in DAoC was to get 10s to start crafting (and didn't leave the forge until I capped out) :cool:

J

Jonaldo

did i hurt your cuddlyfavourite game?

nowhere did i mention "not enjoyable".
No you didn't hurt my 'cuddlyfavourite game'. I don't play Horizons but was involved in US & Euro beta and realised then it was a lot better than DAoC ever has been and probably ever will be.

K

katt!

No you didn't hurt my 'cuddlyfavourite game'. I don't play Horizons but was involved in US & Euro beta and realised then it was a lot better than DAoC ever has been and probably ever will be.

sure, if you like pve. daoc pve sucks.

C

cHodAX

Will be checking it out myself in a couple of months, no pvp is a letdown but pve can be fun with a good system and the right right people to group with. DAoC used to be quite decent at PvE until groups weren't really needed anymore. When the system punishes you for exping in a group and yet promotes powerleveling you know something has gone badly wrong.

E

envenom

the only reason PVE in daoc sucks is coz everyone wants to get 50 so they can rvr.

my friend in the other room has only rvr'd like 5 times he just likes lvling chars doing quests and so on.

great thing about this game is that theres no need to powergame.

I remember loads of ppl logging onto daoc and looking at there guild and saw they were lowest there etc and thought wtf i better powergame!!!!!!!!!!

no need for it here even if you work like me i can only play weekends atm coz i work away. i can log on the weekend and not have to worry about being the lowest etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom