Honour

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Great sentiments, and I (mostly) agree.

The issue is that people who are not solo (generally) don't respect 1v1 or solo. The fact you have no chance against their opted FG is irrelevant to them, you're just another step on the way to high RR status.

It is extremely frustrating, but there's absolutely nothing you can do. Your post will do nothing to alter the playstyles of those whose actions annoy you (and others) so much.

As I was told recently 'Take a deep breath and remember it's just a game.'

Solo rocks mate, so don't give up :clap:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Hey why dont you registrate on nafiannas homepage and join the solo zone..
There you will get addfree 1on 1 fights.
About honor...like its been said a million times that what you do in game isnt how you would behave in rl is it:p Also in my book...being an honorable knight etc in a roleplaying kinda way is to never whine. I have a hard time seeing the likes of sir lancelot whining like a baby on gavain for adding or fighting disohorably..no.he would let his sword speak and then make ladies swoon:p
if you confuse honor in game with rl...well...i tell you to take a good look at urself. Im sure 80% on these boards act more honorably in game then in rl most of the time. I rather work towards being honorable in rl...
Also, like everyone else on these boards you prolly added one time or another. Heck i been zerged by most people that claims they would never do such a thing here on FH. I dont care about it more then think to myself...what a hypocrite:p I never stick my chin out saying i always solo...or that i would never add. i mostly just choose not to, but not for anyone elses sake..just for my own.
comon...less whine more playing people:)
over and out...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vonwar said:
Im sure Zebolt understood the "Rules of Engagement" in this game.

i.e. a good enemy is a dead one. Be loyal to your realm, and do the best you can for it.

Rgds.

Vonwar

p.s. Gahn why do you use the word Dude, don't you like this guy ? well it is slang, but to me i understand the meaning of the word "dude" is like you look down on him. Call him by name, call him Sir or even mister, but dude is a lesser worthy person if i remember my school english.

Sir mister dude, where can I find those "Rules of engagement"? :) I wanna read it. I really do wanna see where you have read that you must add on anything that moves.

(dude isnt really a negative word the way ppl use it on these forums or ingame from what I've seen)

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
Myrtle, its just as frustrating when people add on your fg vs fg fight as it is when the fg steamrolls you as a soloer, please keep that in mind :).

Personally i've never really had problems with it, the pug's steamroll me and the GG's usually leave me alone when im solo, don't really expect anything else.

I think the core of the problem is that people see the game from different views, 2-3 years ago i find zerging kinda funny but the problem is that zerging is still the same now as it was 3 years ago, whereas fg vs fg is ever changing because of the various upgrades/downgrades, these things affect small scale rvr loads more than the "epic battles" as some call them.

Personally i dont enjoy the big fights because it just seems to be a huge mass of lag where everyone is left to fend for themselves, and its the same as it was back in OF, Casters and archers rule supreme and everything else is just 'in the way'

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
seem to remember you zerging me down with a cleric, you and something else, killed your cleric and nearly had you, not exactly "honorable" was it? someone said "the first rule about zerging is not QQing about zergers"

Those were my words :)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Roahhh! 1100 solo kills to go for title!:)

Havent really read the post but soloing is fun.:)
Yeh you get shit days, but it's just about carrying on.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
the problem here is.. most people who whine about adds forget that they run in fg's and add on anything when it suits them.. there r very very few who solo all the time and follow any sort of code.... i was on sb last week when mac used Sl to uncover me in front of fg albs.. theres your honour......

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Gahn said:
See Gustav reply ^^
Also Zebolt was an honorable player ages ago, i was asking him if he moved to the "arpees are arpees" Dark Side or if he was sarcastic, that's all :O

Hey Gahn,

Not to be offencive in any way towards your person but just to explain why i see the expression can be degrading remark or word to someone.

Just to clarify i have copied the translation in our official danish english dictionary:

dude [d(j)u:d] sb. (am.) (laps;) White Trash / (bybo;) person living in a city (fyr;) guy

That was the reason why i commented on your tell at all. Zebolt, you and all others can play how you want to play, i dont care about that as long as nobody cheats. I think we can agree on the latter.

Rgds

Vonwar

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
For all those suffering pain and angst due to being added on to the point they wanna kill irl or cry i`m more than willing to offer my 'logon and /delete your toon service(tm)'.Please feel free to pm your acc details and no need to thank me for relieving you of this obv curse that you are suffering :fluffle:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Vonwar said:
Hey Gahn,

Not to be offencive in any way towards your person but just to explain why i see the expression can be degrading remark or word to someone.

Just to clarify i have copied the translation in our official danish english dictionary:

dude [d(j)u:d] sb. (am.) (laps;) White Trash / (bybo;) person living in a city (fyr;) guy

That was the reason why i commented on your tell at all. Zebolt, you and all others can play how you want to play, i dont care about that as long as nobody cheats. I think we can agree on the latter.

Rgds

Vonwar

Dude is primary used in reference to a bloke but in many regards.. mostly it is used between friends instead of using their name or mate etc... but it is kinda dated word. Very 90's, see Teenage Mutant Ninja(or hero :p ) Turtles, Dude where's my car etc etc for various uses of it that prove it is not an insult

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Shike said:
Sir mister dude, where can I find those "Rules of engagement"? :) I wanna read it. I really do wanna see where you have read that you must add on anything that moves.

(dude isnt really a negative word the way ppl use it on these forums or ingame from what I've seen)

Dear Shike,

The meaning of the term "Rules of Engagement" comes from the military language, it gives you the limits of what your units orders are, meaning if you are going to take prisoners, if you are going on a guard mission, to recon, if you are going to make "show of force", to neutralize or destroy the enemy.

The rules of engagement, or written in another way, #The rules for RvR given by Mythic# to us players, i have copied here for you. It was taken from the friday news this year.

Have fun reading them. Theese notes are very nice because they state the official attitude of the game makers, and im sure that much argumentation or whining if you want, here on freddy's house could be minimized if the subscribers read this post, and played by it.

For my sake, i posted this post on our own guild web page soon after it was posted in the official friday news, to make the guild familize with theese informations, and to state the official attitude of our guild towards the players behaviour in RvR combat situations.

[10-03-2006] The Camelot Reporter

Basics of RvR
For a while now, we receive more and more complaints following arguments between players from a same Realm who don't share the same view of RvR.

The frontiers are the battlefield where the armies of the three Realms fight each other. A place where characters fight an endless battle. Of course, everyone goes there with their own motivations. But be it for the pleasure of the victory whatever the cost, for a balanced encounter won without loss, or simply to increase the number of their realm points, to lead guild companions to a fortress attack, to protect the relics against the avidity of the adversary of the time, to try and have a title by accumulating rogue duels, to block a bridge until death, to follow the 120 allies who are making themselves ready to become the masters of the Isle of Agramon, to fight for the glory of their King, for one's own glory or even to try and fight only with one group versus another group, there is no motivation better or more legitimate than another.

Everyone is free to propose to the others some rules of conduct. But offering does not mean imposing. There can be no rule, for instance, that stipulates that two groups that are fighting each other must be left alone. It is also out of the question to establish a zone restricted to solo characters or group versus group confrontations by blaming those who preferred to come with 40 allies and played their own way. As there is no reason to demand to the members of a group to come and back up the action of their Realm if they prefer to take care of something else.

Each one has his own view of fair-play, of the type of game he likes and of what he expects from his companions. But whatever happens, it is not acceptable to have players insulting or threatening others which includes when some players did not follow their own RvR code of conduct. As long as we remain within the frame of the GOA Rules of Conduct there is no good or bad way to play Dark Age of Camelot, and thus, no reason to try and impose one's way to the others.
And we must keep in mind that everyone is here to play, that every character met, friend or enemy, is only the representation of a player who, as oneself, logged in to have fun.

Regards

Vonwar
GM - Danish Huscarls

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Rps is more addictive than any drug or drink in the world :p

Mactavish still around the ol´ boot :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Vonwar said:
follow the 120 allies who are making themselves ready to become the masters of the Isle of Agramon
Hehe, that'll go down like a ham sandwich at a bar mitzvah.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar said:
Have fun reading them. Theese notes are very nice because they state the official attitude of the game makers, and im sure that much argumentation or whining if you want, here on freddy's house could be minimized if the subscribers read this post, and played by it.
IMO you've misunderstood the very 'rules' you quoted. To me they seem to be saying play how you like, just don't whine if others play differently. In fact "there is no motivation better or more legitimate than another." directly contadicts your interpretation that "good enemy is a dead one. Be loyal to your realm, and do the best you can for it."

Nowhere in those 'rules' does it suggest that you should kill every player you see or even play for your realm "As there is no reason to demand to the members of a group to come and back up the action of their Realm if they prefer to take care of something else."

Again all that passage is saying is that everyone has different playstyles, don't whine about others', it doesn't even suggest that adding or zerging is part of the games intention, simply that they should be tolerated.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sneakers|Matriarch said:
I want good fights not rps :(
So you would have played DAoC for 4 years if there were no such thing as RvR reward? :>

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Dude what the heck happened to ya?
Nothing has happened to me tbh :>

I was just pointing out that if we didn't have a RvR reward system in this game (RPs) I wouldn't have played it for 4 years and I think most of you agree.

Everyone wants RPs? Let ppl play how they want and cut out the public whine it's just pathetic :puke:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Eyres said:
You my friend are NOT a soloer, you run round in zerg areas, adding on anything that you possibly can, are hardly out of line of sight on a caster adds, if someone else is fighting 1 on 1 you do not hesitate to jump them

Yes you run around solo, but when it comes down to it when its a FGvFG or 1v1 fight your do not hesitate to zerg, so therefore your just part of the zerg.... you just happen to roam a little bit further away

Seriously i cant believe you actually think your honourable and then are so stupid you post complaining about stuff you actually do!

If you want respect you need to earn it, the hard way.... and there is no point replying to that saying it wasnt me or i dont do that, what kind of evidence is that.... it isnt... dont insult peoples inteligence, you think posting here saying that you are a respectable opponent when you are infact the opposite and that will actually earn you respect? I wonder if thats what you are trying to do. God knows ive given you many chances... and every time you come sprinting in to add.

You want to be treated honourably, start acting honourably and earn some respect, treat others how you wish to be treated

You my friend are an utter twat.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Martok

Part of the furniture
pip said:
lol to thread title honor:twak: :kissit: :wanker: kill em all

yes well pip we all know what you are like...

but to mac just try to avoid the irvr areas go to were you can find soloers (mainly emain)

i solo alot on my merc run in fg's and zergs i like and love all aspects of rvr in daoc, im not after the holy realm point anymore im after a good time, just try grouping with some of your friends when its primetime mate :fluffle:

if not give me a shout i can always make use of a good strong armsman

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
You my friend are an utter twat.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

he might be a twat, but about Mactavish he's right. Maybe he did play "honourable" at some point, but now he's no different to the majority of the "Adders".

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
I love all aspects of rvr too and the only reason I still play daoc is that I can choose between soloing, zerging and doing grp vs grp every day and have a good time while doing it. if anyone whines at my playstyle I just ignore them and if I want to add or not add its my choice.

at the end of the day its all about having fun because thats what games are for IMO and if you arent having fun theres no reason to play. a tip to everyone that thinks daoc sucks: log off and dont play for a week or two then get back and if its still not fun just quit playing and try something else.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
IMO you've misunderstood the very 'rules' you quoted. To me they seem to be saying play how you like, just don't whine if others play differently. In fact "there is no motivation better or more legitimate than another." directly contadicts your interpretation that "good enemy is a dead one. Be loyal to your realm, and do the best you can for it."

Nowhere in those 'rules' does it suggest that you should kill every player you see or even play for your realm "As there is no reason to demand to the members of a group to come and back up the action of their Realm if they prefer to take care of something else."

Again all that passage is saying is that everyone has different playstyles, don't whine about others', it doesn't even suggest that adding or zerging is part of the games intention, simply that they should be tolerated.

i think that you understand what he means though. he just states that is what he likes to do...killing any enemy on sight. He isnt the one whining on everyone else for not playing like he is, he just try to tell all whiners to shov it cause everyone can play like they want:) The whining is the bad guy in this drama...and it almost ALWAYS begin with a whine about adds:p
over and out..

pip

Banned
Martok said:
yes well pip we all know what you are like...

but to mac just try to avoid the irvr areas go to were you can find soloers (mainly emain)

i solo alot on my merc run in fg's and zergs i like and love all aspects of rvr in daoc, im not after the holy realm point anymore im after a good time, just try grouping with some of your friends when its primetime mate :fluffle:

if not give me a shout i can always make use of a good strong armsman
ROLF, thats coming from some1 that could'nt pull is socks up without another7 stuck to your ass:p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
pip said:
ROLF, thats coming from some1 that could'nt pull is socks up without another7 stuck to your ass:p

Actually he is right. Everybody knows that you are a dumb zerging fuck, it's okay to be it, just the way you try to contribute to the discussions amuses me :).

pip

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:
Actually he is right. Everybody knows that you are a dumb zerging fuck, it's okay to be it, just the way you try to contribute to the discussions amuses me :).
I don't deny It not like 75% of these forum monkeys:wanker: but grps like yours and marsmellysox,I will add on without secound thought,as you lot don't give a shit for solo fights:)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

and the insults starts flying...and yet another intellegent fh discussion goes down the drain...:p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
pip said:
I don't deny It not like 75% of these forum monkeys:wanker: but grps like yours and marsmellysox,I will add on without secound thought,as you lot don't give a shit for solo fights:)

> /dev/null

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom