Hong Kong

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I thought this deserved a dedicated thread. It's no secret China is increasingly piling pressure on Hong Kong and just now, Boris comes out with this

Boris Johnson would 'willingly' offer all THREE MILLION people from Hong Kong refuge in the UK | Daily Mail Online

Daily Mail article but still, holy. fucking. shit. that is HUGE if he stands by that.

So what do you think? designate a land mass to them within the UK and allow them to make New Hong Kong or just let them integrate into what we have now? personally I think let the make New Hong Kong as a fuck you to China.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Relocating populations into new "designated" land has never gone wrong before, i mean the plantations in Northern Ireland, and Israel are shining examples of Britain moving populations into new areas with no ill effects

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think theyd last 2 weeks and then go home as soon as they saw how many brown people there are.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I thought this deserved a dedicated thread. It's no secret China is increasingly piling pressure on Hong Kong and just now, Boris comes out with this

Boris Johnson would 'willingly' offer all THREE MILLION people from Hong Kong refuge in the UK | Daily Mail Online

Daily Mail article but still, holy. fucking. shit. that is HUGE if he stands by that.

So what do you think? designate a land mass to them within the UK and allow them to make New Hong Kong or just let them integrate into what we have now? personally I think let the make New Hong Kong as a fuck you to China.

Well, most of them wouldn't come, but personally I don't have much of an issue with it; we did it with East African Asians in the 70s and they are some of the most productive members of society now (and Priti Patel, but you can't have everything). To be honest we should have made the offer in 1997.

Of course all the little Englanders would have collective heart failure, so that makes it worth it all on it's own.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpool!

It's a coastal port city that used to be the centre of vast global trade. We could rename it New Hong Kong! :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Liverpool!

It's a coastal port city that used to be the centre of vast global trade. We could rename it New Hong Kong! :)

I think sending them to Liverpool would fall under human rights abuses tbh. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If anything would make them opt to stay put it'd be the prospect of being sent to Liverpool. :(

Job

We have the oldest China town in Europe and a large and totally integrated chinese population.

Obviously that would be a problem cos theyre trying to get away from china!

Job

Liverpool!

Funnily enogh because of Brexit, which Liverpool voted against, trade with America...if theres anything left....has nade Liverpool a prime dock again and theres huge investment coming in.
Theyre trying to build a new road to the motorways and everyone losing their shit...quite rightly because theres going to be 3X as many trucks driving in and out.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, most of them wouldn't come, but personally I don't have much of an issue with it; we did it with East African Asians in the 70s and they are some of the most productive members of society now (and Priti Patel, but you can't have everything). To be honest we should have made the offer in 1997.

Of course all the little Englanders would have collective heart failure, so that makes it worth it all on it's own.

Obviously all of them wouldn't come, the gesture is a good one I think given what China is trying to do with Hong Kong.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
New Hong Kong would be great. Plenty of nothing between Boston and King's Lynn.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I doubt many would leave. They would go to Singapore, Philippines, Taiwan, before going to the UK. As for settling them somewhere...
One of my best friends was born in HK, his parents moved to Seattle when he was a child just prior to China re-taking control. Those that wanted to leave already did.

Could put them all in Scotland I suppose. No way they'd vote for Scottish independence.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He never lived there
The rest of the world doesn't care about the River Mersey - to them all that shit is scouseland.

But hang on to whatever makes you feel better, Blackpool-boy :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
New Hong Kong would be great. Plenty of nothing between Boston and King's Lynn.

I'd love New Hong Kong, let's kick start this futuristic vision of shit with New Hong Kong located in England.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Take a leaf out of Singapore and Dubai's playbook. Build an island first, can put it next to the Isle of Wight and call it the Isle of Wong ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So Hong Kong is now officially a Chinese Police State. RIP Hong Kong.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is a terrible situation and one we rightly need to help with, to me it'll give the world even more evidence not to just keep shrugging your shoulders. I suspect this is all the ammo needed to kill off Huawei being involved in 5g, especially when you also consider the external provisions of the HK law.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It is an absolutely terrible change for Hong Kong, also it will be hard for the UK should all those who are entitled decide to relocate....I am not sure the UK have the infastructure to support this and will lead to further racial tensions from people like @Job

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Absolutely horrible situation for the people of HK, and another sign (as if we needed one) that China really cannot be trusted. I am fully onboard with offering BNO's a way out - however the issue we will have is that even bog standard public service jobs in HK are very well paid, and with low taxes they are very comfortable. Would they be as comfortable in the UK? Think we know the question to that one :) So that will limit the amount who move imo.

I suspect sectors like Finance, Tech, Medsci, etc will be fair more attractive though, and I'd more than welcome anyone who wanted to move here.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Like others I am appalled at how HK is being treated. I hope many people take up the UK offer to come here and I was reading a few minutes ago that Australia is looking to offer something similar.

As far as I am concerned HK is now China and all sanctions that are currently applied to China now need to be enforced against HK. China want one country, let them be treated as one country. Strip all special privileges that apply to HK as well.

Job

I dont know enough about the situation to have an opinion except to pose the question, how widespread is this outrage?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I dont know enough about the situation to have an opinion except to pose the question, how widespread is this outrage?
Global.

The US has applied sanctions overnight subject to Senate/tRump approval.

The point is that China has basically reneged on a 50year law (1985 Sino-British joint declaration) agreed between the UK and China over the rights of HK citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom