Advice Home alarm systems

soze

I am a FH squatter
If they have a knife and point it at you then swing away. If they run off don't chase and bash them. It is when you go offensive that you are in trouble.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well at the end of the day, a house with an alarm is absolutely less likely to be burgled than a house with no alarm.

Thieves will always go for the easier target.
No, it's more likely to make a loud noise. If you want it G get the monitored one as at least they are contracted to deal with the thing when it goes off.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I was talking about Alarms with one of our richer customers. He has an alarm system that costs over £5k a month. Due to where he lives the police advised him even with a Firearms call it could take 30 minutes to get help to him (having no neighbors for 15 miles has its downside). His contract includes a monitored alarm and 2 guys in a security hut and a third that patrols the grounds. He has a panic room too it blew my mind really but its not a problem I see myself having without a very big euro millions win.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
while the thought of being that well-off is tempting, the need for on-location security staff and all is fairly off-putting in my book. your kids or partner being late and not answering a phone, or a strange noise at night suddenly becomes loaded with much more potential than an unplanned party, traffic jam or some dude's cat bumping over a pot plant. :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I know what you mean. You read about these groups of chavs raiding houses and killing people well if you are worth millions you must be so paranoid about these things. It is one of the reason that should I ever win the lottery I would ask not to be named.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Yeah totally. take the money and vanish is what I reckon I'd do. Travel a bit. I'd certainly not ever be an idiot badly parking his lambo in front of Harrods while getting snapped by the paparazzi.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah I know what you mean. You read about these groups of chavs raiding houses and killing people well if you are worth millions you must be so paranoid about these things. It is one of the reason that should I ever win the lottery I would ask not to be named.

Do you? Can't say I ever have.

In Ireland we have the phenomenon of "Tiger kidnappings", where someone is grabbed for ransom, but its usually bank keyholders and the like rather than just rich people, (although that has happened) but it doesn't seem to be a thing that happens in the UK much. I still wouldn't ask to be named, but not because of fear, just because everyone would have their hand out.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Do you? Can't say I ever have.

In Ireland we have the phenomenon of "Tiger kidnappings", where someone is grabbed for ransom, but its usually bank keyholders and the like rather than just rich people, (although that has happened) but it doesn't seem to be a thing that happens in the UK much. I still wouldn't ask to be named, but not because of fear, just because everyone would have their hand out.
Yeah stories like this one. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sons-horror-after-finding-77-year-old-3791735 I imagine the richer you are the more sophisticated the criminals become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom