Holy shit

Embattle

FH is my second home
The supermarkets are all going to follow suit should be around £25-£32 with various deals, the reality is they will make a loss on it.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
This is one of the times I hate living in central London. All I have nearby are metro stores, with the nearest superstore a 45 minute journey away.

Severely tempted to make the journey, but don't want to have a 2 hour round trip just to find out that Sainsburys are sold out :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No and there is no easy answer, but I think the above clip showed that part of the game as being over the top and frankly unnecessary.

:twak: :twak: :twak:

/sigh. It seems after years of debating what constitutes freedom nobody's really learned anything :(

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Well my nearest sainsburys is 18.5 miles away, sadly its across a large body of water.

Apparantly though tesco is offering it for £25 if you buy a current chart game at full price, I was looking at getting arkham asylum so that might do me.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well, I've come to the conclusion that PC gaming is now effectively dead at retail. Definitely here in Ireland, but the UK can't be far behind:

GAME: limited stock, only pre-order for PC, loads of console availability though
HMV: Don't stock PC version at all, loads of console
GameStop: Don't stock PC version at all, loads of console
Smyths (Irish Toys'R US clone): PC version only available online
Tesco: Don't stock PC version
Argos: Don't stock PC version

So if I want it, its €60 from Steam; and I just don't want it that much (mind you it was €50 in GAME).

Interestingly, the guy in GAME (very apologetic about the pre-order thing), said it wasn't flying off the shelves the way they were expecting...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well, I've come to the conclusion that PC gaming is now effectively dead at retail. Definitely here in Ireland, but the UK can't be far behind:

GAME: limited stock, only pre-order for PC, loads of console availability though
HMV: Don't stock PC version at all, loads of console
GameStop: Don't stock PC version at all, loads of console
Smyths (Irish Toys'R US clone): PC version only available online
Tesco: Don't stock PC version
Argos: Don't stock PC version

So if I want it, its €60 from Steam; and I just don't want it that much (mind you it was €50 in GAME).

Interestingly, the guy in GAME (very apologetic about the pre-order thing), said it wasn't flying off the shelves the way they were expecting...

I said I would not buy it, however we drove past a Sainsburies and stopped to get lunch at midday today. They had loads of stock of all formats left, at £26 I couldn't resist.

I feel sorry for anyone that pre-ordered, you paid nearly £20 more for a game that is not sold out anywhere.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Who cares about high street retail for games though? Its far simpler to use Amazon, play or even steam, though they really should sort out their Euro stuff. I agree steam has a monopoly now and can charge what they want, that's only because the likes of EA just don't make the effort, their online store is a joke, in saying that I find its still often cheaper (in the UK) on steam than it is in Game, Gamestation etc. You can spend time shopping around to shave a fiver off the price but what's the point? time spent searching, time and hassle visiting the shop, petrol, parking or bus fare etc...is it really worth £5 here and there when you can buy the game in seconds and DL overnight...often pre-download so that its ready the moment its released?

I imagine the next generation of consoles will lean more towards online game distribution, Sony already have a decent system in place with the PSN, which could be expanded in future.

I broke after seeing the advert for WaW2 on the TV in the pub last night and bought it on steam, £34.99. Though I will only play the single player I imagine.

Steam definitely need some sturdy competition though.

On the subject of buying in Euros, can you not use some sort of proxy and buy via the UK? Or even get someone you know and trust to buy it in the UK? The log-ins are roaming so you can log in and download your games from anywhere in the world.
No idea how it works though, just wondering

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I feel sorry for anyone that pre-ordered, you paid nearly £20 more for a game that is not sold out anywhere.

I'm not so sure. I pre-ordered it for £24.99 on PC and using quidco got back £1.24. It turned-up on Monday, and I'll install tonight. Pretty happy for a pre-order tbh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
that comment was aimed at console gamers; I feel sorry for anyone buying this on PC at all considering what IW have done to the game.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I feel sorry for anyone buying this on PC at all considering what IW have done to the game.

Maybe, but I'll still enjoy playing the singleplayer tho. I don't mind paying ~ £20-ish just for that tbh.

I throughly enjoyed the singleplayer for COD4, played the multiplayer on-and-off a bit - but thats it. There's other multiplayer games that I play, and I won't lose too much sleep over MW2's being broke.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
On the subject of buying in Euros, can you not use some sort of proxy and buy via the UK? Or even get someone you know and trust to buy it in the UK? The log-ins are roaming so you can log in and download your games from anywhere in the world.
No idea how it works though, just wondering

Got my brother to login with my account in the UK and pay for it there. Ha! Fuck you Steam euro ripoff! Should be ready to play tomorrow.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well so many threads seemed to touch on the subject I thought I better do some original spamming, no BBC links though.

Chilly

Balls of steel
disturbed young feller!

crying, foaming, dribbling, bleeding. classic symptoms of being a NUTTER, as the books call it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
That's some nasty e-depression going on right there.

Someone pay him some attention, quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom