Impressed Holy shit, America in forward thinking shocker

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
rynnor said:
They aren't happy though - your original question is quite revealing - material goods in themselves do not actually make people happy in the longer term - despite everything we are brainwashed with from birth by advertisers :p There are lots of functioning drug addicts the same as their are functioning alcoholics - there's a guy at work who is a bit of both - from years as a functioning alcoholic he got onto the plant food a few years back and ended up having a heart attack - it hasn't stopped him though - even subsequent collapses don't stop him - he will be dead in a few years time.

Oh do fuck off. The point I was making is that these people are normal middle-class people, no more happy or unhappy than most (and I'd wager rather happier). For them, the odd spliff at the weekend was a social experience. Personally for me the social experience was the ONLY interesting part of the experience as weed doesn't seem to have much effect me (which is probably why I haven't had any for 7-8 years)

rynnor

Rockhound
Don't you know callous, if you know two cases of something(person, event, outcome etc) then you know ALL of them. That's the law of logic on the internet ;)

Whereas everyone else on the thread is clearly an expert on drug dealers - for the record I did actually work on the side trying to fight the influx of drugs for a few years - if you wish to believe your dealers are whiter than white have fun with that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Come on @rynnor, don't dodge my question m8.

Is your experience with weed first-hand (and more than "shared a joint a few years back") or not? :)

Agree about dealers tho. Smile to your face, stab you for money.

rynnor

Rockhound
Come on @rynnor, don't dodge my question m8.

Is your experience with weed first-hand (and more than "shared a joint a few years back") or not? :)

Do I use? No - Do I know current users - yes, of all the supposedly 'soft' drugs like cocaine and pot to the downright hazardous 'legal highs/illegal highs' like the one that caused my colleagues heart attack.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do I use? No - Do I know current users - yes, of all the supposedly 'soft' drugs like cocaine and pot to the downright hazardous 'legal highs/illegal highs' like the one that caused my colleagues heart attack.

I meant is your knowledge of the drug anything other than second-hand?

You know where I'm going - you were very forceful with Gaff about how his friends were feeling - and if you're doing it from second hand information then you're probably better off listening to those with experience rather than using your imagination, which is all you've got to go on.

I don't smoke it myself any more because of the way I am with it. But I've friends who do and they're fine, well balanced, happy people. Just like I am with beer, which I use to bring about a different mental state...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The dealers I dealt with pretty much did it for free weed. Sell an ounce, make an eighth etc. The ones at the top obviously are into more stuff than just weed but whether weed is legal or not wouldn't make a difference, they will still sell other stuff. A lot of the small time dealers will just not deal, they won't move on to selling harder drugs.

rynnor

Rockhound
You know where I'm going - you were very forceful with Gaff about how his friends were feeling - and if you're doing it from second hand information then you're probably better off listening to those with experience rather than using your imagination, which is all you've got to go on.

This is an odd argument - the side effects and downsides I listed all come from scientific studies rather than your subjective experiences and tbh the person taking a drug is not always in a state to realise when they are acting manic etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is an odd argument - the side effects and downsides I listed all come from scientific studies rather than your subjective experiences and tbh the person taking a drug is not always in a state to realise when they are acting manic etc.

Wilful now.

You're ignoring the fact that millions of people use cannabis without ill effect. You seem to be hardwiring cannabis use to cannabis abuse.

Is the drunk always aware that they're really drunk? No. Of course not. Lets ban it then....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom