Ho ho ho Assange being dragged out of Ecuadorian Embassy?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Link just takes me to a sign up page.. Copy , paste or give link that doesn't require acces m'kay

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
this whole thing makes me rather uneasy:/

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Some of the people on that stream are thick as fucking shit, blatently just turned up to cause trouble and be utter twats in general.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Translated version of the letter sent to the Ecuador from the UK (apparently) (taken from Twitter)

Aide Memoire
• We are aware of and surprised by, the reports in the media of
last 24 hours, compared to that Ecuador would reach a decision and intends to grant asylum
Mr. Assange.
• The reports quoted official sources.
• We note that the President has not yet made a decision.
• We are concerned, should be true of. this undermines our efforts to agree a
joint text setting out the positions of both countries, allowing Mr. Assange leave
the Embassy.
• As we have stated previously, we meet our legal obligations under the
Framework Decision on the European Arrest Warrant and Extradition Act 2003
(Extradition Act 2003), to arrest and extradite Mr. Assange to Sweden. We remain committed
to work with you to resolve this matter amicably. But we must be absolutely
clear that this means that if you receive a request for safe passage for Mr.
Assange, after granting asylum, it will be denied, in line with our obligations
legal.
• From this perspective, and given the statements of the last 24 hours, we hope that you
are prepared to continue to carry out the current diplomatic discussions. We
believing that a solution is possible based on jointly agreed text, that would play with
to the departure of Mr. Assange of the Embassy, leading to his extradition.
• We have another meeting (video conference) scheduled for Thursday August 16. Given the
statements made yesterday in Quito, about an imminent decision, should we assume that this
meeting will be the last to agree a joint text?
• We reiterate that we consider the continued use of diplomatic facilities in this way
incompatible with the Vienna Convention and unsustainable, and that we have made clear the serious
implications for our diplomatic relations.
• They must be aware that there is a basis in the UK - Facilities Act
Diplomatic and Consular 1987 (Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act 1987) - we
would take action to arrest Mr. Assange in existing facilities of the Embassy.
• We sincerely hope not to have to get to this point, but if you can not resolve the
issue of the presence of Mr. Assange in its facilities, this route is open to us.
• You understand the importance of the issues raised by Mr. Assange, and
public pressure in Ecuador. But anyway we have to solve the situation in the
Instead, here in the UK, in line with our legal obligations. We have endeavored to
develop a joint text, to help satisfy their concerns and needs of
presentation to the public.
• We continue to believe that a joint text and a voluntary surrender by Mr. Assange is the
best solution.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Storming an embassy, WTF, that's exactly the same as nipping over to Ecuador in a Frigate and running up the beach and kidnapping someone.
The US are using their weight again to overide the law.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
what's the deal with embassies then, I thought there was some geneva/vienna convention clause that made them the sovereign land of the country whose embassy it is?

so what jurisdiction do the english police actually have in there?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They are, though it can be revoked, but so can most international treaties, you just have to face the fallout after you've done it.
It leaves us wide open to have all our embassies stormed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
this whole thing makes me rather uneasy:/

Yup. If they grant him political assylum to help him escape oppression then we arrest him anyway then what's to prevent any other country storming UK embassies for <insert trumped-up reason>??

Also:
teh beeb's article said:
An offer by Ecuador to allow Swedish investigators to interview Mr Assange inside the embassy was rejected.

He currently faces questioning by the Swedish authorities - he's not actually been accused of a crime yet. They are able to question him anywhere on the planet - including inside the Equadorian embassy.

Not looking good for the blonde weirdo - it's looking more and more likely that the Swedes would simply punt him on to the US to stand trial for espionage or something similar...

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The UK has a lot more to lose than gain by threatening sovereign territory. All seems a bit weird to me. Have the Ecuadorians actually produced this letter rather than just making allegations?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Storm in a teacup. Equador have been sent official communications stating the legal status, that is all. Equador then blew the whole thing out of proportion in a press conference stating British Colonialism was dead and that the UK Goverment had threatened them. It was complete BS. The 1987 law changes that came in after the Iranian Embassy incident basically state they could under certain circumstances they can take away the diplomatic status of the Embassy and effectively close it.

Mr Assange cannot leave the Embassy or he will be arrested. He has a clear choice, stay in that Embassy for the rest of his life or face a court appearance in his home country, Sweden. Personally, I cannot believe the Swedish legal system is being coerced by the US to make false alegations against him. They could easily just ask for extradition without the sex charge.

Translated version of the letter sent to the Ecuador from the UK (apparently) (taken from Twitter) ....

If their official translators are really that bad I would be absolutely shocked. looks fake to me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The UK has a lot more to lose than gain by threatening sovereign territory. All seems a bit weird to me.

Seems to me that Wikileaks is making real waves. Important announcements about the hypocricy of our governments.

Keeping lies covered up is hugely important for them.

The 1987 law changes that came in after the Iranian Embassy incident basically state they could under certain circumstances they can take away the diplomatic status of the Embassy and effectively close it.

The 1987 law which negates the "inviolability" of sovereign embassies?

Seems to me that that law violates Vienna...

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Makes you wonder if he stumbled across some other info they dont want revealing and he just hasnt realised yet or just dares not reeval it

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well, im not one of those conspiricy types but this stuff is definitly smellling

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not a fan of the Huffington post at all - the founder is far too right-wing for me. But this bit of that article tells you all you need to know:

Last week, a High Court judge ruled that classified US cables from WikiLeaks can be used to cross examine senior UK government officials, an unprecedented step

Assange is being hounded because criminals in our governments want him dead. However, since killing him outright would make him a martyr they're hounding him through a trumped-up "legal" process in A) an effort to have him silenced and B) as an example to anyone else who would stand up to them.

And the fact that it's a "legal" process means that all the retard members of the public who prefer to think of their governments as kind, fluffy and caring, who are only there to help and protect us ,can justify to themselves what is obviously horridly oppressive treatment of a human who committed the crime of exposing the truth.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ecuador should be releasing info soon regarding assanges asylum, I would imagine thats when we'll see something happen

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ecuador have just granted him asylum, now lets see what the UK do.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's depressing when Ecuador is a bastion of freedom greater than ours :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom