HMV are being very evasive about the preorders for CE now :/

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
do the SE keys for the ingame items/headstart all begin with PCE ?
if not they could differentiate between the two if they wanted to.

Khazrak

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure, both of my pre-orders are collectors editions. Yes, they could differentiate between the two if the standard edition begins with PSE, but my point is, how are they going to know who was given the wrong codes?

You can't punish every single person who was given the wrong codes by their retailer, you'd probably end up losing customers by doing so, and for what, people getting an extra day early access? At the very least European players will be ok as already confirmed by GOA. And while we've been treated differently to the US, I can't see Mythic deleting all US SE retail characters made during a CE head start, it just doesn't make sense.

I've asked Mark Jacobs the same question on his blog, fingers crossed we'll get an answer from the horses mouth, so to speak, and finally bury this whole CE preorder & SE retail key debate! :)

Khazrak

Fledgling Freddie
From the Herald: Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Realm War

I have codes for a different version of the game than the one I pre-ordered. Will this affect me after launch?

Pre-order codes, both Collector’s and Standard Edition, have no effect on your account after launch. All pre-order customers are able to access the Open Beta, Head Start, and receive the in-game items regardless of the codes and version they pre-ordered. For example, a Standard Edition pre-order who accidentally received a Collector’s Edition pre-order card will be able to enter a Standard Edition code at launch without penalty; however, you would not receive the exclusive content included with the Collector's Edition itself.

Sorted! :cheers:

Malice

Fledgling Freddie
Just been on the phone to my local HMV just to make sure CE game is there tommrow he said i cant get it till friday 19th im pleased i phoned them aswell he had my details down as SE so i made sure when i go on friday there is a CE copy behind the counter just thought i would share this with you guys just in case you was heading down to your local HMV i would suggest doing the same thing as me and phone your HMV where you bought your pre-order copy from.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just been on the phone to my local HMV just to make sure CE game is there tommrow he said i cant get it till friday 19th im pleased i phoned them aswell he had my details down as SE so i made sure when i go on friday there is a CE copy behind the counter just thought i would share this with you guys just in case you was heading down to your local HMV i would suggest doing the same thing as me and phone your HMV where you bought your pre-order copy from.

They had your name down as a SE version?

Better hope when they put your name down for a CE version they didn't put you at the back of the list eh?

You sound stuffed tbh m8.

ClaretMatt

Fledgling Freddie
Probab ly just an idiot you spoke to, don't worry unless it's really not there

Malice

Fledgling Freddie
They had your name down as a SE version?

Better hope when they put your name down for a CE version they didn't put you at the back of the list eh?

You sound stuffed tbh m8.

Yes my name was down for CE version but some how had me down for SE :twak: no worries thoe when i go in on friday there will be a CE behind the counter:)

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Well i bought a ce pre order box and preordered the CE version from HMV.
Now ive heard that they can not promise me a CE box as they didnt take anyones details down. as we were told to just take our pre order box back with us to the store.

Now ive also been told that unless i enter a CE key code to my account i will lose my account and head start character. plus ingame items etc.

Yes i know some of you will say just make a new account but..
Im near lvl 18 prob ill be 20+ by tommorrow plus ill lose my user name i always use and dont forget also my perm email address cant be used.

And adding to the fact i payed £10 for the pre order and ill have to pay £30 for the Se version

so if this is all true im not going to be too happy

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Read the following from the main website it should answer your question:

The vast majority of you who have pre-ordered a Collector's Edition will finally have this beautiful box in your hands for the 18th September, however we have recently been made aware that, due to delays in the manufacturing process, it may not be possible to guarantee that all CE pre-orders will be shipped in time. A small number of you may therefore experience a delay of a few days. Because of this, we have extended the grace period in which all CE pre-order customers can play without entering your CE retail key from 7 to 14 days. This is in addition to the 7 free days offered to all Open Beta testers.

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Well i bought a ce pre order box and preordered the CE version from HMV.
Now ive heard that they can not promise me a CE box as they didnt take anyones details down. as we were told to just take our pre order box back with us to the store.

Now ive also been told that unless i enter a CE key code to my account i will lose my account and head start character. plus ingame items etc.

Yes i know some of you will say just make a new account but..
Im near lvl 18 prob ill be 20+ by tommorrow plus ill lose my user name i always use and dont forget also my perm email address cant be used.

And adding to the fact i payed £10 for the pre order and ill have to pay £30 for the Se version

so if this is all true im not going to be too happy

I'm pretty sure GOA have said you can use an SE code to activate your CE headstart in order to keep your account and characters, since they're aware of the CE supply issues.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And the moral of the tale is to not buy from HMV. Ordered mine from Play.com last Thursday, got the code Monday morning and have been playing since :)

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure GOA have said you can use an SE code to activate your CE headstart in order to keep your account and characters, since they're aware of the CE supply issues.

That makes me feel better. I hope your right

Thanks for that ill carry on stress free

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
Just got off the phone to my local hmv store (belfast n.i) where i pre ordered the CE of warhammer, the guy told me they had 50 copies of the standard edition in stock ready for launch but as of 1.20 this afternoon they had no CE in stock.He did how ever say that they had 25 copies of the CE on order but he had no idea when they'd arrive told me to wait for a call.I mean none in stock a day before release it isnt looking good folks lol.

Malice

Fledgling Freddie

Hi guys just an update on this got a phone call from HMV this morning at 9.00am just to say that my CE was in store to collect rushed to the store they only had 25 copies wow all i can say what a box realy nice art work and all the nice things you get with it i must say aswell HMW realy suprised me on there costumer service realy nice and helpfull:clap:

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
Hi folks I just went into the hmv at monks cross in York to get my ce and not only do they have the preorders in but they have copies on the shelf for sale if anyone wants one there's a shelf full I'm amazed they have extras

The Phazer

Fledgling Freddie
HMV Bond Street in London also had tons of extra CE copies even after their pre-orders. At least fifty on the shelves, and even a big display of them near the door.

Phazer

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
I waited about 20 mins this morning in HMV Islington London for them to find the special box with the CE's in. They tried to palm me off with a SE for a start! Nothing out on the shelves yet but they have got all the boxes.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I waited about 20 mins this morning in HMV Islington London for them to find the special box with the CE's in. They tried to palm me off with a SE for a start! Nothing out on the shelves yet but they have got all the boxes.

Is there an obvious difference in appearance between the CE and SE boxes? I'm nervous about going to pick up my CE now, the staff at my HMV all seem a bit dim :p

Uara

Part of the furniture
lol a very obvious difference, the CE box is about 4times the size of the SE box

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
The CE version looks like this https://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/231890-ive-got-my-ce.html its very big and heavy the normal version is a normal size cd box with a white background

Yeah lol I told the guy it was a big box. The SE is a double-width DVD sized box so maybe he thought that was big.

The CE had to be brought out on a trolley it was that frickin' huge. Whoever thinks MMOs make you unfit should try lugging one of these home!

Anyway if the staff are confused get them to check the computer.

I was a bit shocked at the price: £69.99

Big. Heavy. Red. Expensive. That's the CE.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Yea just picked mine up, its huge o_O

The guy told me they had only been sent around half the number of boxes to number of pre orders they sold, so gonna be a lot of unhappy people near me :(

UxB

Fledgling Freddie
I bought my CE pre-order box and no-one in HMV thought to take any details - so i rang them the next day - got thru to the store and they were very helpful - took my details, gave me an order ref and told me i was "second in line" to get a CE box...

Rang them today and was told that the store I'd got the pre-order from were only getting 2 CE's

Went through to the store to be told they'd arrived Wednesday, but hadn't been processed yet - I was also assured that my CE box would be held until I arrived to collect it tomorrow...

Fingers crossed....

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Went through to the store to be told they'd arrived Wednesday, but hadn't been processed yet - I was also assured that my CE box would be held until I arrived to collect it tomorrow...

Fingers crossed....

As in someone hasn't taken it out of the back room yet? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom