Hmmm mids dont have their lucky day at sursbrooke

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
06.26 CET 4th time mids get wiped by a great defence even if they had the numbers for it..Well i gotta admit its still nice to see u trying :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
And what was all that stuff about Albs doing alarmclock raids? :I

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
it was 60 vs 16 and the mids cudnt do shit :) even with there skilled warlocks:)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I logged around 22CET after seeing the pathetic job at Surs.

I mean. Charge != walk up the stairs, get hit once and be to afraid to walk forward so instead everyone stands still in the smallest room possible.

I saw no Warlock chambers being casted, I saw no banelord abilities, only TWF I saw came from Brite, didnt see any seers using phase shift to get inside the room where they can easy use instas, only warrior that knew how to use testudo was Bradlex. The list goes on.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
don't u guys need sleep or go out on saturday evening/night?:p

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
how can so many warlocks fail so horribly? They can instadump thousands of aoe damage, yet they fail to kill 16 albs? :eek7:

[Cinderella]

Fledgling Freddie
Technodave said:
it was 60 vs 16 and the mids cudnt do shit :) even with there skilled warlocks:)

if you are talking about the morningattack i was theere and we have surs claimed so have to be fair and point out according to guardspam it was 45mids vs 16 :). sorry just wanted the numbers straight befor someone starts to whine.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
[Cinderella] said:
if you are talking about the morningattack i was theere and we have surs claimed so have to be fair and point out according to guardspam it was 45mids vs 16 :). sorry just wanted the numbers straight befor someone starts to whine.

still is a lot of mids for such a norty time to raid. :p

as much as id like to see the relics neutral, if they get captured in the early morning ill cry a few lurikeen tears i fink.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

I mean. Charge != walk up the stairs, get hit once and be to afraid to walk forward so instead everyone stands still in the smallest room possible.

I saw no Warlock chambers being casted, I saw no banelord abilities, only TWF I saw came from Brite, didnt see any seers using phase shift to get inside the room where they can easy use instas, only warrior that knew how to use testudo was Bradlex. The list goes on.

Wasn't there but have to say how familiar that sounds last keep take I was at was exactly the same similar numbers wise mids just dont know how to utilize the tools available to counter a lord room defence, every warlock I saw had the obligitory lt+dd chambered Bl abilities neglected twf not used PS not used tetsudo not used as soon as someone gets hit by something they stop and get farmed its really quite depressing.

At the time I was playing mt sb and resorted to envenoming both blades with mez poisen and suicide rushing the tightly packed albs while screaming in /bc to move :p think we almost wiped 4 or 5 times before we were sucsessful it really sucks the morale. :(

viio

Fledgling Freddie
I was amazed we stayed on for so long, Sojik threatened to put us in the cupboard of pain if we logged. It was so frustrating tho being stuck in that little room downstairs, and when I ran in with testudo no one followed me. So I ran around for 30 seconds then got killed lol!

You are right though, people were just too afraid to charge.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
rure said:
That's a RM though?
Woops :< Thought I saw a warlock running around, so just assumed the 1200 dmg would be from a warlock :p Hey, it was like 4am :<

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Technodave said:
A defence is always easier than the attack, even with reduced defender numbers.

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Jimmi said:
how can so many warlocks fail so horribly? They can instadump thousands of aoe damage, yet they fail to kill 16 albs? :eek7:

I wedged my fat HO Merc in the lord room door :)

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
TBH the people here saying "x should do this" "y do that" are very ignorant of the game mechanics.

Lets just take a look at "didnt see any seers using phase shift to get inside the room where they can easy use instas"

Healers, now lets see how many "Healers" are Perfecter and how many are Sojourner? The only Healer I know who is Sojourner is Taky from BC and he is inactive.

Phase shift is a timered ability, 15 minute reuse likewise the Healers insta (contrary to Albion propaganda) are actually timered too.

Secondly if I remember correctly the order for healers to sacrifice themselves in the Lords Room didn't come the BG leader, it came from a "backseat" commander, one of those peeps who have all the ideas but oddly enough are never found to be leading a BG.

Healers tend to stay well away from fights, indeed the one of the two TDA healer was two floor below using group heals to keep us alive. Healers are meant to keep groups alive; a group loosing their Pac/Mend healers isn't going to function too well.

Ok, facts over, lets hypothesize.
Healer runs in with Phase Shift, insta mezz/stun whole floor, half of albs will purge and are now immune to the Mez or Stun. The Healer will die. Half the albs were not on that floor, some were on stairs some were on roof, now those without purge up probably would have been unmezzed by their mates upstairs (coming down), and their mates would have healed them too.

Mid was looking for a Sojourner Healer with insta CC up, Phase Shift up, is in the correct location, was able to die as the healers group didn't need them anymore and take orders from a non BG leader... I wonder why you saw no Healers do as you wanted.

So what would I have done? Well a good start would have actually asked in BG if such a healer existed first.

Assuming anything as a BG leader or backseat commander is a ludicrous thing to do.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Damn Edit!

1. How many healers were actually at Surs? Not too many, more fun to bring a shaman.

2. Would just like to point out the Soljik-p did well and on the raids I was on. He ordered specific people who he knew had the correct abilities to do specific jobs, unlike the back seat commanders, he didn't assume.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Xajorkith said:
TBH the people here saying "x should do this" "y do that" are very ignorant of the game mechanics.

Lets just take a look at "didnt see any seers using phase shift to get inside the room where they can easy use instas"

Healers, now lets see how many "Healers" are Perfecter and how many are Sojourner? The only Healer I know who is Sojourner is Taky from BC and he is inactive.

Phase shift is a timered ability, 15 minute reuse likewise the Healers insta (contrary to Albion propaganda) are actually timered too.

Secondly if I remember correctly the order for healers to sacrifice themselves in the Lords Room didn't come the BG leader, it came from a "backseat" commander, one of those peeps who have all the ideas but oddly enough are never found to be leading a BG.

Healers tend to stay well away from fights, indeed the one of the two TDA healer was two floor below using group heals to keep us alive. Healers are meant to keep groups alive; a group loosing their Pac/Mend healers isn't going to function too well.

Healer runs in with Phase Shift, insta mezz/stun whole floor, half of albs will purge and are now immune to the Mez or Stun. The Healer will die. Half the albs were not on that floor, some were on stairs some were on roof, now those without purge up probably would have been unmezzed by their mates upstairs (coming down), and their mates would have healed them too.

Mid was looking for a Sojourner Healer with insta CC up, Phase Shift up, is in the correct location, was able to die as the healers group didn't need them anymore and take orders from a non BG leader... I wonder why you saw no Healers do as you wanted.

So what would I have done? Well a good start would have actually asked in BG if such a healer existed first.

Assuming anything as a BG leader or backseat commander is a ludicrous thing to do.

Errrhhhhmmm I don't know many RvR paccies that is perfecter :confused:

Most RvR healers go sojourner cause of the better use in RvR, some use 1 perf as backup for shammy tho, but the majority is soj.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Bistrup666 said:
Errrhhhhmmm I don't know many RvR paccies that is perfecter :confused:

Most RvR healers go sojourner cause of the better use in RvR, some use 1 perf as backup for shammy tho, but the majority is soj.

Well there is your problem good sir the "FG RvR paccies", precisely the type of healer that wouldn't be seen dead confined on a set of stairs on a keep take. Most of the FG RvR groups, not that many exist on Mid/Excal/Pryd anyway, were mainly roaming and picking fights with the inc albs. The two healers in the TDA FG I was in were perfector.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
xxManiacxx said:

It's not? that's what all the albs usually do when you ask them to charge :(

brad

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

LoL aye, im like guys i'll run in testudo get all the aggro and run to the back of room, so albs are focused on me rather than you. I run in after someone says charge, run around the room, use battler charge which practicly hits every albs in the room, and o look lets see about 8 mids actually charged and the rest stood back as oe ice wizard was pbaoe'ing at door.

The thing that stops mids is there to afaid to die, in order to help others, so even though the first few mids might die entering the room, it just means the rest of the zerg gets a chance to kill the albs inside the lord room. But no as soon as mids get hit it's run back down the stiars again, and not even enter lord room.

But that can be said for albs at beno today, they never really charged, just came up and down in small groups, with the odd monster rezz, that rly didn't do that much good.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
LoL aye, im like guys i'll run in testudo get all the aggro and run to the back of room, so albs are focused on me rather than you. I run in after someone says charge, run around the room, use battler charge which practicly hits every albs in the room, and o look lets see about 8 mids actually charged and the rest stood back as oe ice wizard was pbaoe'ing at door.

The thing that stops mids is there to afaid to die, in order to help others, so even though the first few mids might die entering the room, it just means the rest of the zerg gets a chance to kill the albs inside the lord room. But no as soon as mids get hit it's run back down the stiars again, and not even enter lord room.

But that can be said for albs at beno today, they never really charged, just came up and down in small groups, with the odd monster rezz, that rly didn't do that much good.

damn right, bloody good fun that was.

mids held well at the lord and albs like you said never really did anything else than send up monster rezz people. Must admit tho there was ALOT of mids at lord :cheers: definatly the kind of morale boost we needed pulling off a defense like that.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Xajorkith said:

Pac healers should go nothing but soj. Aug and mend healers are a different story though.

And to make some corrections for you.

1: Warriors run in with test, making ppl target and follow him/them
2: Healers run in with PS running when alot of ppl are following warrior/s
3: Healers use instas
4: Zerg charges, warlocks dump chambers, BDs dump TWF, Thanes dump ST, ppl dump banelord shite etc etc.

This scenario means that albs in lord room would be busy with testudo Warriors, paccers with PS and also get a zerg on their ass.
This scenario will widen the dmg done from albs instead of having it concentrated to one small space.
This scenario will make ppl able to run in with more ease (if they dare that is) consider albs would be busy with warriors and healers in the lord room.

I have led my share of RR BGs and many of them was successfull.
There was not enough planning on what to do when we got to the lord room.
I stood with my SB in back of the lord room for several minutes just watching the mids stand still and die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom