Hmm with subs

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
When i access sub pages and want to change the email address to my account, i confirm it etc but it just doens't change, it's been 24hours and still hasn't changed, any ideas? thx

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Blondy said:
When i access sub pages and want to change the email address to my account, i confirm it etc but it just doens't change, it's been 24hours and still hasn't changed, any ideas? thx

have you checked to see if you've received a confirmation email to the old email address? There's a link there which you need to click to confirm any changes made to your personal details.

Hmm or have you already done that?

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
The account is closed, but that won't make any differnce will it? Or should i stick an extra month on and it should w0rk?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Btw

[GOA]Erivoss said:
have you checked to see if you've received a confirmation email to the old email address? There's a link there which you need to click to confirm any changes made to your personal details.

Hmm or have you already done that?

How about if, for any reason, a poor one doesn't have access any more to the old registered E-Mail address to confirm the change?
I'd like to have a clear answer on this Erivoss pls cause i have my 2nd account shut down from 1 month cause of that :eek7:

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i just want my email changing ASAP before i do lose total control over the email+account...GOA say that there are only graphic glitches in the sub pages... :twak:

[GOA]Erivoss

Gahn said:
How about if, for any reason, a poor one doesn't have access any more to the old registered E-Mail address to confirm the change?
I'd like to have a clear answer on this Erivoss pls cause i have my 2nd account shut down from 1 month cause of that :eek7:

you have to contact subscription@goa.com in order to get your email address updated (like before).

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tried

[GOA]Erivoss said:
you have to contact subscription@goa.com in order to get your email address updated (like before).

They wont let me change it cause of security reasons (after 4 bumps of the request btw) any other ideas? ^^

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

Erh...why? Why can't you just do it manually instead of waiting for snailmail to arrive...i emailed them ages ago about it and still no reply

[GOA]Erivoss

Blondy said:
tbh i just want my email changing ASAP before i do lose total control over the email+account...GOA say that there are only graphic glitches in the sub pages... :twak:

are you trying to change it to an email address that already exists in the account database (i.e. is there another account with the same email address?).

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Blondy said:
Erh...why? Why can't you just do it manually instead of waiting for snailmail to arrive...i emailed them ages ago about it and still no reply
It's a security measure to protect against someone being able to steal your account. If someone had your subs login and password, they could change your registered email address, then request a new password and there'd be nothing you could do to prevent it or get it back. As it stands, the billing team have strict rules regarding the amount of proof of ownership they require to make such a change.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
But i've confirmed the change...thats enough proof isn't it? :< well hope what erivoss says will work, because yes i did have 1 of my accounts already on the email! thanks

[GOA]Erivoss

Gahn said:
They wont let me change it cause of security reasons (after 4 bumps of the request btw) any other ideas? ^^

Just talked to the billing master about this very problem. We came up with a procedure (it isn't official yet) which is as follows:

In order to proove that you are the owner of an account you must provide the following pieces of information:

Name and Address (as shown on your subscription page).
CD Key used to create the account.
Method of Payment used (i.e. VISA, Mastercard, Electron, Solo etc).

If those 3 items match our records then we will update your email address (to one that isn't already registered).

IMPORTANT: we just made the decision now, it is NOT OFFICIAL YET. We will post a news when it will be (in the next couple of days).

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Since we are on this

Requiel said:
It's a security measure to protect against someone being able to steal your account. If someone had your subs login and password, they could change your registered email address, then request a new password and there'd be nothing you could do to prevent it or get it back. As it stands, the billing team have strict rules regarding the amount of proof of ownership they require to make such a change.

Shall i know why the "billing team" have requested me in final stance to send em via traditional post a proof of payment, + all the info they requested me since i sent em last 5 digits of my credit card number which actually is nuff proof of my identity even for a bank? Or is it cause u actually don't store credit card numbers and use a 3rd party service?

[GOA]Erivoss

Blondy said:
But i've confirmed the change...thats enough proof isn't it? :< well hope what erivoss says will work, because yes i did have 1 of my accounts already on the email! thanks

let me know if it works please. Remember it can take a few minutes between clicking the confirm link and your details being updated.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Just talked to the billing master about this very problem. We came up with a procedure (it isn't official yet) which is as follows:

In order to proove that you are the owner of an account you must provide the following pieces of information:

If those 3 items match our records then we will update your email address (to one that isn't already registered).

IMPORTANT: we just made the decision now, it is NOT OFFICIAL YET. We will post a news when it will be (in the next couple of days).

Okay - But that method sux because i will lose my bot because of the no serial keys (my retarded step-mother threw them thinking they where nothing)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Okie

[GOA]Erivoss said:

Will try it asap at home ;) Thx for now, will bugger u in forums again if it aint gonna work ofc :eek6:

[GOA]Erivoss

Gahn said:
Will try it asap at home ;) Thx for now, will bugger u in forums again if it aint gonna work ofc :eek6:

if you try it now it won't work because the decision hasn't been made official yet and so the billing team will continue following the current procedures.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Rofl

[GOA]Erivoss said:
if you try it now it won't work because the decision hasn't been made official yet and so the billing team will continue following the current procedures.

Will wait for news then :/

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

Maybe it's because my account has ran out of playtime? Should i add a extra month onto it and then update? :)

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss no reply ...
Requiel no reply...

C'mon guys any ideas ? [GOA]Erivoss you sent me a PM, i replied, you never sent on back etc :x you've got all the info you need in the pm :) please answer asap

IainC

It should make no difference whether your account is currently open or not. The billing teams can access the details regardless.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Okay - so why isn't it changing email addys? happening to a few friends now..

P.S i mis-typed my email in and confirmed it without realising....Is there anyway to get it back? :O

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

Well id be screwed as I cant find my original CD Key. I think Method of Payment & Name & Adress would be fine tbh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Can anyone tell me why everytime I put my payment details in and click submit the page diverts back to GOA and it says 'error proccessing your order'? The details I used are vaild and my bank account easily has the funds, I have tried to use both Switch and Visa to pay and I always get the same error. I have never had a problem till this new subs system was activated.

using IE6 with latest service packs etc..

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Can anyone tell me why everytime I put my payment details in and click submit the page diverts back to GOA and it says 'error proccessing your order'? The details I used are vaild and my bank account easily has the funds, I have tried to use both Switch and Visa to pay and I always get the same error. I have never had a problem till this new subs system was activated.

using IE6 with latest service packs etc..

Unsure, but it says the same with me when trying to use my Visa Electron (maybe because theres no money in it until tonight)

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Holy s**t! this is bad news for me. My original daoc from 2years back is lost, and i know i havent access to that old email anymore since i moved. wth do i do? You could have said something before you made this change so i had a chance to change to a correct the E-mail before u made the change.

story is this...

Bought game @ launch, recently moved to a temporary location at wich time i lost the originalcopy of the game, still have ToA though. I never changed my Email because i knew that i would move soon again. Will move in 1 month to new location and was my intension to change the e-mail @ that time.

Am i totally screwed now, since i cant get to my old e-mail account? :(((((

Also, ffs, how can they cant expect me to keep the original cd's/ covers for the game after 2 years!

IainC

Cracked said:
Also, ffs, how can they cant expect me to keep the original cd's/ covers for the game after 2 years!

If you still have the game installed on your computer, the CD key should pop up everytime you try to launch the game. You will be able to see that even if you don't have a subscription currently.

As for the change of email details. Send as much info as you can to subscription@goa.com and they will be able to change the registered email. Once you have the email changed you can generate a new subs password through the automated mailer facility. It really boils down to us having an obligation to keep your details private and having to ensure that we are dealing with the legitimate owner of the account. If you can prove that to our satisfaction then everything should be cool, otherwise we'll need to get further proof and deal with things the long way. We're not trying to be deliberately obstructive however we have to be sure that the person we're dealing with is entitled to have personal information about you.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
ok, and is there a reason for the 3 hour lock out? (of sub pages)

Waiting up til 12pm, its now 11:08pm...To renuw my account i must wait until 12pm...then i access subs once, get locked out of the pages...OMG!...

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
sent a request to change email, but not heard anything in 5 days....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom