Hmm, need help with a song..

K

kinag

Can't remember name of song, neither name of the band but I remember I thought this song was good :)

It's a black metal band..

The song starts with a girl saying a prayer and it goes like this:

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray to lord my soul to keep, If I die before I wake, I pray to lord my soul to take"

Need to know which song this is again as I want it :p

Kinag.

S

Serbitar

Metallica - The Black Album - Enter Sandman iirc

J

Jonaldo

That's the Lords Prayer, not a black metal song but can be found in all good bibles, and plenty of bad ones too.

O

old.Tohtori

The lil girl praying is in the middle somewhere though...

Of enter sandman yes.

K

kinag

Hehe, It's not metallica.. I listened alot of them I know it.. But It's a black metal band which got it.. it got a creepy tone to it so it ain't enter sandman..

I had the song on my other computer some time back..

S

Serbitar

furry muff but that line is in enter sandman :p

K

kinag

It is, but it's not enter sandman I am looking for.. I said it's a black metal band..

K

kinag

A friend of mine found it ;)

Go To Hell - Megadeth ;)

A

Addlcove

Megadeth is heavy metal like metallica, NOT black metal, if you don´t know the difference I suggest you go to a record store that knows one type of music from the other and ask for black (not heavy) metal

A

Addlcove

<fluffles Belsameth>

see I told you we where the perfect couple :p

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Addlcove
ask for black (not heavy) metal

ok name a few good Black Metal bands then ^^
or death metal, just wanna see what you say it is ;)
or to be precise do or don't fit Skyforger and Dimmu Borgir into either of them...

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Jonaldo
That's the Lords Prayer, not a black metal song but can be found in all good bibles, and plenty of bad ones too.
I have yet to see a good bible.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Graknak
do or don't fit Skyforger and Dimmu Borgir into either of them...

never listened to the music so couldn´t say :)

I do have all the Megadeth albums though (and all the metallica albums, except Binge&Purge, and the 2 first garagedays)

anways, I wouldn´t know where to put those two bands. ask belsameth for black metal bands, she´s into it, I´m not

I´m more into Celtic tunes

O

old.Tohtori

Well..it depends...

Dimmu is more towards black in my mind too...then again...pantera is to some black metal, some say rammstein is powermetal, some say it's newmetal...

Hell if i know, metal is metal and that's that.

K

kinag

I would say Megadeth got something like black metal in it if you listen to their text etc.
Dimmu Borgir and CoF (Cradle of Filth) are guaranteed black metal bands...

K

kinag

Sorry for a new post but my bad for the black metal thing, I just found some of it very black when I read a few of their texts but I'm not a huge fan of Megadeth so I don't really like their music, only heard two songs by them which is Hangar 18 and Go to Hell.

But Dimmu and CoF IS black metal :p or if you want to call it Death Metal, I'm not sure.

B

Belsameth

Dimmu is nothing more then wannabe Gothenburg Death.
Listen to some Limbonic Art to get a feel for good Black Metal :)

B

Belsameth

they're far too simplistic for my taste.
I don't really dislike them (even tho I pretend I do :p) they just bore me out of my skull after 2 songs (like 90% of the current Black, Death and Gothenburg Death at the moment)

A

armado

would you guys flame me (some even hunt me down and kick me) if I say that Black (heavy) Metal Sucks!!!

you guys just wait for my music to hit the market: white metal.
John "crusader" <insert last name here> (afraid of you metal guys so you wont get my name)

with songs as

: "We still have Jerusalem" and "Jesus was a happy bloke"

T

Tasans

Originally posted by armado
would you guys flame me (some even hunt me down and kick me) if I say that Black (heavy) Metal Sucks!!!

you guys just wait for my music to hit the market: white metal.
John "crusader" <insert last name here> (afraid of you metal guys so you wont get my name)

with songs as

: "We still have Jerusalem" and "Jesus was a happy bloke"

Im gonna hunt you down and make you listen T666 - Comrades in slaughter.

:p

Users who are viewing this thread