hmm ever feel its just not your day?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
<siiiiigh>

well, as some of you may know im going to have my 1st ever operation on thursday ( having a small piece of toenail removed as its ingrowing) i am.... was really quite scared about it,

then today at my martial arts class i hit something just a wee bit too hard and snapped the top off a bone in my hand ( am currently typing one fingered on my left hand which sucks cos am right handed also floating a bit from the morphene) the doc said they may have to slice me hand and put a plate/pins in bone.

really naffed off was doing so well at my class going for 1st belt in a month and now im buggered, not to mention works going to be pissed (hehehe aww shucks) not sure what the point of this post is im prolly stoned off the pain killers. well i guess it could have been worse and it was quite good fun telling the dr at a& e how i did it, he even said " it must have been one hell of a punch!!" which it was Rar!!

hay heres an idea seeing as im going to be out of action for a bit would you mind finding funny stuff, interesting stuff or just stuff to entertain me?
would really appreciate it :D

off to bed now as am just too sleepy for words
byeeeeeeeeeeeee

oh and p.s i can now officially say that yes i know what the sound of one hand clapping is

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Have had that done aswell, btw: if its a doctor youre paying, hes just gonna cut the nail down to the root, nip it out, bandage it, and send you home.

I had the problem myself for many years, went to the military doctor when i was in, he did the same procedure, only he took some acid, and burned away the nail tissue where its supposed to grow out again, so now i dont have that problem anymore.

Cause, when you first have gotten it ingrowing, after you cut it , 4-6 months later you need to do the same operation again..

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
I can add a story...

Friday to Saturday night I had some odd dream where in the end I got bitten in my leg by an animal. It hurt so much that I woke up from the pain just to realize that I was not dreaming it. I had a massive cramp in my right calf. Had to massage it for 30 minutes before the cramp was gone. The pain however didnt fade and this morning I can hardly walk. Must have torn quite a few muscle fibres.
I cant call in sick thou because we've been working overtime for the last 2 weeks and if I dont show up at work the rest of my crew will have to do doubleshifts.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
The really intersting thing about this is: Did I get bitten in my dream bcz I had the cramp or did I get the cramp bcz I dreamed I got bitten?

I mean, usaly you wake up before something happens to you... like you're falling but you wake up right before you hit the ground.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i've had days that i think 'its just not my day!'

a few weeks ago it was raining. i had to go into town because it was my only day off,
and 3! birds shit on me on seperate places. then i went to see my friend at work, and on leaving i saw the bus going past, so i missed the bus. then i fell over and hurt my back.
and when i got home i forgot to put the lid on the blender when i used it, as well as spilling rice everywhere.
then that night i spilled red wine all over myself and my friends carpet. and fell over again on the way home and cut my leg up.

so in short it was a really shit day.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Jeriraa said:
I mean, usaly you wake up before something happens to you... like you're falling but you wake up right before you hit the ground.

Lucky bastard...

I don't wake up before i hit the ground. I fall, like, with 200 feet tall ladders and hit the ground hard.

But usually dreams are influenced by the happenings of real life(if this IS the real life..uuuu....), so i think you got a cramp and then it transferred to the dream to let you know something is f*cked up.

Marc

FH is my second home
I saw a programme once about people who wake up during operations but cos of the anasthetic, cannot tell the doctor, but can feel all the pain etc. Scary huh!

Nah, operations are piss easy. Hardest bit is trying your best to stay awake once they pump the anasthetic in you to try and prove them wrong. They ask u to count to 10 and you wont get further than 7! Some people have bad reactions to it tho, im one of them. Had a few operations and every time ive come round after the operation i have spewed everywhere.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i had that cramp dream and my leg was aching for a few days :(

oh yeah Ezteq, respec into suppresion and you get 2 nifty healer pets...should heal your toe and hand in no time :)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Marc said:
I saw a programme once about people who wake up during operations but cos of the anasthetic, cannot tell the doctor, but can feel all the pain etc. Scary huh!

Nah, operations are piss easy. Hardest bit is trying your best to stay awake once they pump the anasthetic in you to try and prove them wrong. They ask u to count to 10 and you wont get further than 7! Some people have bad reactions to it tho, im one of them. Had a few operations and every time ive come round after the operation i have spewed everywhere.
I saw that aswell its called some long word when you wake up but your bodys still paralyised but you can hear / see and fill the pain I think. The guy could hear the plate being bolted to his anckle lol but couldn't tell anyone and the other one could smell the burning flesh when she had her stomuch cut open. Was pretty bad it mostly happons when one of them one of the gases run out which puts you to sleep but the stuff that paralyilses you is still on , the nurse noticed so you knocked it up and carryed on even though there was nuthing in it.

But don't worry about it your only haveing a toe nail removed you probs be awake anyway :) .

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
not ur day ? this morning was not my morning :)

12.30 am went to sleep
4.30 am got woken up by baby
6.50 am wife goes to work
7.00 am baby finally goes to sleep next to me in bed
8.30 am baby wakes me up by continuosly slapping me in the head
8.35 am baby poo's on my arm and in bed (shoots out side of nappy)
--- at this point i would like to mention i should be at work by 9am ---
8.40 am wash baby, wash arm and throw bedding into bath to soak
9.00 am leave house with baby dressed to goto grandparents house
9.10 am get to house
9.30 am get to work :(

ahhhhh monday mornings ...think i'll goto the pub for lunch.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
was quite good fun telling the dr at a& e how i did it, he even said " it must have been one hell of a punch!!" which it was Rar!!

last time i broke a bone it was in my hand, and i broke it by sitting down with my hand in a fucked up position.. noone believed it tho and kept asking who i had hit so hard :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehehe those stories where people got poo'd on by a gang of birds or a baby really made me laugh :clap:

that dream someone mentioned about getting bitten then waking with cramp.... i had one where i was eating a roast chicken, woke up chomping on me pillow, soo dissapointed! but i wonder if the pillow was having a dream it had cramp???????

also about waking up in an operation, theres a really cool short story by stephen king i think about a bloke who wakes up in the start of his own autopsy!!! wont give away any details but i highly recommend you seek it out and read it ( its in one of his anthologys) will make u think twice b4 ever going to a golf course hehehehe

all of u take care!!

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Ezteq said:
<siiiiigh>

well, as some of you may know im going to have my 1st ever operation on thursday ( having a small piece of toenail removed as its ingrowing) i am.... was really quite scared about it,

then today at my martial arts class i hit something just a wee bit too hard and snapped the top off a bone in my hand ( am currently typing one fingered on my left hand which sucks cos am right handed also floating a bit from the morphene) the doc said they may have to slice me hand and put a plate/pins in bone.

really naffed off was doing so well at my class going for 1st belt in a month and now im buggered, not to mention works going to be pissed (hehehe aww shucks) not sure what the point of this post is im prolly stoned off the pain killers. well i guess it could have been worse and it was quite good fun telling the dr at a& e how i did it, he even said " it must have been one hell of a punch!!" which it was Rar!!

hay heres an idea seeing as im going to be out of action for a bit would you mind finding funny stuff, interesting stuff or just stuff to entertain me?
would really appreciate it :D

byeeeeeeeeeeeee

oh and p.s i can now officially say that yes i know what the sound of one hand clapping is

Yesyes! I done exactly the same thing 4 weeks ago =) 6days till i get mu cast off, friend was getting picked on by this fella so i went up to stop it then the fella pushed me so i punched him and he fell over then his friend started shouting at me in Swedish so i walked away.

Saw the guy i hit outside the club later on went up to see if he was ok, as a peace offering held out my hand for a handshake, he took my hand pulled me in and punched me so i punched im in the face with the right and he started falling over so the left hit him in nearly the top of the head.

Broke bone on top of my hand like you and shattered the knuckle in 4places where the bone went into it, But pain is temporary pride is forever :p knocked him out for a good 20-30mins as well

If you do need an operation it really isnt bad at all, I went in at 1pm was out by 9pm and at a music Festival by 12 =) Doesnt hurt much afterwards, but apparantly I have the worst part soon, the doc told me they leave a tiny bit of the titanium pins near the surface of the skin so when the cast comes off they can just pull the pins out without operating, sounds painful :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Good Luck Hun, don't let them cut your Leg off :X

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Well, be happy they can fix hand bones like this these days. About 15 years back when I broke some bones in my right hand they just put it in a plaster for four weeks.
Took years to heal out... basicly the bones didnt grow together exactly as they should so they were grinding against each other and jam the surrounding tissue when I did certain things with my hand.
For example I wasnt able to hold a pencil for longer than 2 minutes and couldnt push anything with my right hand.
Only when the bones did grind down so much that they didnt interfear with each other anymore I regained full strength in that hand again.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
:cheers: heres to everyone who's got or has had a broken bone!

went to the gym 2day 2 show me instructors was so funny i walk in with cast and sling and the guy that held the fatal board that i broke me bone on said he'll give me extra tuition \o/ and that i should be fine to do my exam 4 my belt (which was what i was most worried about) so thats great

Cozak hope it goes well when they de-cast you bud, y'all have 2 take a piccy of ur nekkid arm when it comes off (thats what i dread me arms going to go all puny just after i spent so long building up some really good muscle there) and we can compare puny arms hehehehe

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Ezteq said:
Cozak hope it goes well when they de-cast you bud, y'all have 2 take a piccy of ur nekkid arm when it comes off (thats what i dread me arms going to go all puny just after i spent so long building up some really good muscle there) and we can compare puny arms hehehehe

Thanks :) Thats what mine has done plaster was tight to the skin when they put it on got about 2cm's of space where the arm has gone puny and a stupid tan line to boot :D

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
byeeeeeeeeeeeee

Today is less than 3 hours old and already I've managed to fall asleep before I could get my CPAP apnoea sleeping mask on, result - I throw up on myself. Not only that I'd only changed the bed 2 hours previously after a rather passionate evening with the GF :p

So showered, changed bed, sprayed air freshener and decided to sit with a cup of water and surf the net for 10mins to relax.

Find out my site has been hacked for the 2nd time in two days..

If I break bones on the way back to bed I won't be happy ;)

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry about the Op Ez I'm 34 and I've had 10 of them so far. With the exception of one they've been genetic things and unavoidable. My medical file is huge like the ones people in their seventies have hehe! Still hate going to into hospital tho so good luck even tho I'm sure you won't need it :)

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Update! Just had several pieces of metal yanked out my hand using pliers and no anesthetic, index finger is locked in same place after being in cast for 5weeks so need to go back for some physio.

pic for Ez :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Cozak, remotes on top your tv?

Goddamnit! They are REMOTE controllers :D

Cozak

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
Cozak, remotes on top your tv?

Goddamnit! They are REMOTE controllers :D

Those are for the CD player on other side of my room and the video player (which i dont use) Tv, digital and dvd remotes are on my bedside table :)

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
Update! Just had several pieces of metal yanked out my hand using pliers and no anesthetic, index finger is locked in same place after being in cast for 5weeks so need to go back for some physio.

when it first got took of was the skin on your arm flaking a lot? :S because when i had mine off i think my snake side started to show and i shed a layer of skin..

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Hansmoleman said:
when it first got took of was the skin on your arm flaking a lot? :S because when i had mine off i think my snake side started to show and i shed a layer of skin..

Im still pulling the skin off my hand now, it feels like someone has put a thick coat of that PVA glue from school over my hand :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Ezteq said:
:cheers: heres to everyone who's got or has had a broken bone!

• Broken right wrist - fell from Helter Skelter when I was kid
  • Broken right
  • Dislocated left Knee 5 times! 3 playing rugby, 1 playing waterpolo and 1 in a Swindon nightclub when a pissed mate fell over and pulled me with him. Operated on 3 times now works fine :)
  • Broken Collar Bone - Bad ruck playing rugby, had to be pinned to get it to set correctly.
  • Broken ribs twice - Waterpolo. Second time it happened the rib perforated my right lung. Was in hospital for a week. Was the only injury where I thought, "fuck I'm gonna die!"
  • Scratched & bleeding Cornea - Waterpolo
  • lacerated left hand from a fight with a drugged up teen chav who tried to mug me with a pen knife. Needed 16 stiches, he required a few more.
Worst injury by far was the first knee injury, kept me out of sport for 6 months. Due to the Medial and lateral ligaments being completely torn.

Do I get a prize?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Cozak said:

yaay!!! <claps one handedly> grats on the punynes of that arm mister! :fluffle:
well i have been having a lovely old time, got a raging headache/fever the last 2 days and bf has had to bath me lol so much for being an independant gal hay!

btw hawkwind eww bleeding cornea!! i read all your post and thought wow this dudes a hard core lance murdoch tuype then i got to that bit and it really made me go "ewww gross!" i think you have a medal as being the most sucessful bone breaker/dislocator in FH < hands over medalwith all sharp edges filed off> :worthy:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i gotta have an hoperation!!

a real one tioo, where i stay overnight and get full anestetic!
they took me cast off today fo a looksea (aaaaah got to wash me arm bliss) and i got a huge green bruise going through my hand (kewel) and seems aswell as breakingit i dislocated it too \o/ yay me!

<runs away everso fast cos is scared and needs security blanket and a peanut m'n'm>

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Ezteq said:
i gotta have an hoperation!!

a real one tioo, where i stay overnight and get full anestetic!
they took me cast off today fo a looksea (aaaaah got to wash me arm bliss) and i got a huge green bruise going through my hand (kewel) and seems aswell as breakingit i dislocated it too \o/ yay me!

<runs away everso fast cos is scared and needs security blanket and a peanut m'n'm>

Its easy Ez, seriously, nothing to worry about. I had the choice to stay over night, but could'nt as I had to go to a music festival the same night for a week so I was in an out within 9hours. Really aint a bad op at all :) Best of luck with it! :fluffle:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i survived!!!
was really funny i was waiting for the aneatatist(sp?) to say count to 10" and the cow never did i blinked and next min i was in recoverty room with arm like imho tep and a sore throat! to think how scared i was it made me giggle... then i noticed how much worse my hand hurts lol ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom