hmg Odin's.

P

Pin

Originally posted by vintervargen
you would have to hit me with your no to-hit style for that bish ;)

style to-hit is irrelavent with regards to defenses ;)
defenses are useless from behind ;)
don't need to slam to levi ;)

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Pin
style to-hit is irrelavent with regards to defenses ;)

ok Professor Pin, you got sum explaining to do so i get this once and for all :D

i thought when fighting w/o styles its mainly WS vs WS that determines who makes a hit/block/parry/evade, and when doing a style the +tohit bonus modifies that one attack, like raise your WS with some %. how does it work:confused:

:help:

J

jarl

Pin, your 2 shouting of me was u 2hits and a elf ranger and a luri ranger pumping me with arrows....

P

Pin

Originally posted by jarl
Pin, your 2 shouting of me was u 2hits and a elf ranger and a luri ranger pumping me with arrows....

no it wasn't, as Mele was busy chasing the luri ranger around (okay, the elf might have popped one in you ;))

P

Pin

Originally posted by vintervargen
ok Professor Pin, you got sum explaining to do so i get this once and for all :D

i thought when fighting w/o styles its mainly WS vs WS that determines who makes a hit/block/parry/evade, and when doing a style the +tohit bonus modifies that one attack, like raise your WS with some %. how does it work:confused:

:help:

The only thing that modifies block/parry/evade is weaponskill.

To-hit bonuses and defensive bonuses merely effect the hit/miss part of the combat sequence. This takes place after evade/block/parry calculations.

For every attack which successfully bypasses evade/parry/block/guard there is a base chance for this to hit (as opposed to a plain 'you miss'), this is then modified by your weapon's bonus %, your opponent's armour bonus %, your style's to-hit bonus and your opponent's style defensive bonus.

If an attack is then determined to be a 'hit' it can then still be bladeturned or intercepted. If an attack is determined to be a 'miss', there is then a chance for it to be a 'fumble'.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Tyka
Ahahah-haha.

okay, I should have written:

"the only thing that modifies block/parry/evade after your own block/parry/evade skill, dex and qui modifiers, number-of-opponents modifer, position and direction checks, and random mythic coding bugs is opponent's weaponskill"

B

belth

I think Medium Defensive Penalty was deemed to be approx. 7% increase in chance to get hit in one of those tests. Could've been Small Penalty also, no money for IGN=no search :(

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Pin
The only thing that modifies block/parry/evade is weaponskill.

To-hit bonuses and defensive bonuses merely effect the hit/miss part of the combat sequence. This takes place after evade/block/parry calculations.

For every attack which successfully bypasses evade/parry/block/guard there is a base chance for this to hit (as opposed to a plain 'you miss'), this is then modified by your weapon's bonus %, your opponent's armour bonus %, your style's to-hit bonus and your opponent's style defensive bonus.

If an attack is then determined to be a 'hit' it can then still be bladeturned or intercepted. If an attack is determined to be a 'miss', there is then a chance for it to be a 'fumble'.

how come you block/evade more when opponent is ooe then? :|

B

belth

Run a test of 1000 styled and 1000 unstyled attacks against your bot :p Can't base anything on single short fights really.

P

Pin

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Tried to duel Kagato the armsman a while back, but when I nearly won, his friend started healing him. So I switched to end regen, did a few /rudes to them and sprinted off. Right into the arms of 2fg albs who annihilated me, but ah well ( ; Ofcourse I bore the grudge and went for him next time I ran into him in a group ( ; And I won \o/

Btw Zoia :wub:

Only just noticed this thread, lol you hit Ignore Pain in a duel so I figured the gloves were off, and my IP was down anyway still. As for the group thing, I don't remember it but will take your word for it, if you want another duel though im always happy to have one. But leave out with the lame walking through you tactics, this isn't Quake and its just exploiting a game mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom