highbies killing lowbies

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
I am enjoying my time on the PvP server. I think that when they fully implement PvP its going to make WoW a more rounded game. However, one thing I find quite annoying is highbie characters going into lowbie zones and killing all. This smacks of an Unskilled player to scared to pit himself against other smilar level players of the opposite realm.

I think fighting chars within 10 levels is acceptable but i find it frustrating when you constantly get groups of lvl 40+ chars, in contested zones, killing lvl 20 players. It just smacks of unskilled chicken poop players.

Dont get me wrong. I love the PvP setup and I have no problems getting jumped by similar level enemy and pitting myself against them. What is your opinion on this?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yep, it sucks big time. Recently, I've been involved in a few scuffles where fellow horde members have been ganked by alliance groups / players, and reported it on the local defense channel. I make a point of getting their names if I'm in the zone, and if I see them, they're dead.

Was very funny, the other day, while doing quests in Stromgarde (lvl40ish elite area in Arathi), we were inside hapily minding our business, when fellow horde members said that the alliance were ganking people in Stromgarde.
I got names, and we ran into them about 30 mins later... except there was 10 of them, and 4 of us, though we were slightly higher level (~2 levels). They took us on. They got hammered. Hard. We didn't come close to loosing anyone. They tried to rez afterwards. Hammered again. An hour later, they're fighting mobs outside the main castle in Stromgarde, along with another group of alliance. Hammered again. No mercy to the them, or those nearby.
Was 15 of them at the end, by the gates.
We wiped the floor with them, utterly and completely.
Which is why I must agree with you, that when you say unskilled players tend to gank more, you're completely right. But get them at equal level, or solo, and they're piece of cake.
I'm quite fond of my guild at the moment - can usually get a bit of help if alliance are pushing people about. 2 lvl 41 himans decided to push about a 36 shaman of ours. Cavalry turns up (me). Mauled. They even kept their distance when I ran into them solo in Tanaris a few hours later.

I'd also reccomend not xp'ing in Hillsbrad during primetime, that place is truly evil for ganking (especially Alliance ganking horde), and badlands I've found to be quite bad too when you're lower 40's.

:)

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
It happens a lot, and from both sides of course.

Yesterday we had a couple of lvl 54 Horde running around Stranglethorn killing all the lvl 28-34 Alliance players in the area. They got mauled in the end when a couple of Alliance 47s turned up and dispatched them both... truly they were either unskilled or just plain lazy in expecting no challenge.

If the Honour system goes ahead as advertised, lowbie ganking will pretty much die out, which will be a relief for both sides.

Personally I tend to leave enemy players alone if they're questing, I even help out if things are getting a bit tough for them (It's a big shock to them when a Gnome Rogue suddenly appears and starts whacking their mob!).

The 'shitlist' is one idea I like and follow. I've lost count of the times I've been jumped while on low health after fighting a mob. Mostly I get away (gotta love Blind and Vanish), and pursue the Undead swine for as long as possible. In one case, an Undead Rogue waved to me as we were Questing in the same area (an unofficial way of saying "Let's be friends for the moment"), only to ambush me when I was low on health a little later... I Blinded and Vanished, and made his XPing miserable for the next hour or so. He eventually gave up and moved away.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I leave people alone unless they start whacking me first. Then i vanish and hambush them.

Or if i had just been ganked, i would extract revenge on a horde scum.

I also like to go for a challange, so i was questing in hillsbrad when i saw three undead somethings, three levels below me. So tried it, and won. However if it had been i wouldn't have. But it was just the fact there was three and it was a nice fun challange.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye, I also find that it seems to be the newcomers/unskilled that tend to need to gank players 10+ levels below them. There's no reward for it and you only show how silly you can be.

Most players I find are pretty decent, lost count of the amount of times I've been walking around Arathi/Ashenvale and Alliance players have just walked on past me, even lvl 40+ ones. However Hillsbrad.... It seems that's a 'gank on sight' area for the Alliance, no matter what happens I always find I'm getting attacked no matter the situation.

Yes, I play on Daggerspine, a PvP server, but there's a difference between PvP and outright blatant (and un-needed) ganking.

Manys a time I've walked by an Alliance player and assisted them (not much I can do as a Druid but I can put Faerie Fire on the mob, or root an add or something...) only to find myself getting hit by the exact same player I just helped/saved a few minutes earlier.

I guess it depends when you play, seems that things are fine between about 1am and 2pm, when the schoolkids aren't playing...

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:
I am enjoying my time on the PvP server. I think that when they fully implement PvP its going to make WoW a more rounded game. However, one thing I find quite annoying is highbie characters going into lowbie zones and killing all. This smacks of an Unskilled player to scared to pit himself against other smilar level players of the opposite realm.

I think fighting chars within 10 levels is acceptable but i find it frustrating when you constantly get groups of lvl 40+ chars, in contested zones, killing lvl 20 players. It just smacks of unskilled chicken poop players.

Dont get me wrong. I love the PvP setup and I have no problems getting jumped by similar level enemy and pitting myself against them. What is your opinion on this?

Dont care, horde highbies ganked us so I'm adding and hitting on every lowbie I can find! Part of the painfull world of exping

Tirfo

Fledgling Freddie
Respect to those horde on skullcrusher that have left my mage alone to get on with the boring chores of class specific quests or xp at decent spots here and there (as i solo 90% of the time), as for the rest of the middle to late 40's who think they are clever by ganking on sight either on their own or with others can kiss my little gnome butt, you wont be higher lvl for ever, show some decency you f'ing muppets. /wave to all the pryd players on skullcrusher horde + alliance :)

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
It happens :) I play on Bloodscalp and most people would rather fight their own level. Those that don't I take notice of what guild they are and kill them when I see them allone. It is funny that they don't try things when they are allone. On bloodscalp the ones that I see are Blood pact and I think they are the most hated horde guild on the server by the alliance :D

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
I've noticed the instances of this happening about equal on both sides. When I find my side (Horde) doing it, I'm quite happy to slag them off /General; it doesn't do much as once a plonker always a plonker applies in most cases, but it does emphasise to others who the plonkers are :)
The only time that Alliance have attacked me so far with much higher players is when they've got somebody of my lvl with them to afraid to contest a spawn spot by themselves (or so it would appear)...when all along there would have been plenty of space for all. Fortunately, I'm a druid with stealth, so I'm quite happy to hang about and make their xp-life a misery. In fact I'm quite happy to do this to any pali or rogue that has attacked me mid-pull. Sadly, these 2 classes seem to attract those too afraid to fight somebody unless they've already got a mob on them (not saying everybody in these classes are like that, just that those that act in that way only seem to come from those 2 classes)...and now I'm beginning to ramble, so will get back to work :)

gin

Fledgling Freddie
I think they need to do something about this in the honour system. The other day I was running through ashenvale when 2 lvl 40 horde chars decide to camp my corpse (I didn't wanna rez at graveyard as I was only trying to get to another village to buy 150+ cookbook). Even when 2 lvl 40 ran alliance past them (even match for them) they decide to stealth and ignore them and just stick to killing me. That to me should count as dishonour

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i have a couple of lowbies on skullcrusher alliance and had a lvl 11 druid.
4 horde ?? levels turn up and proceed to gank a couple of the players so i cast a root spell on them causing no damage then proceeded to /dance so they killed me and camped the spot for 20 mins +

a few assholes :wanker: around but didn't bother me graveyard was around the corner 10 secs to get back to the spot and die again was fun just sitting down and being killed every 20-30 secs

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
I kill horde on sight, except if im in a good mood. Then they get a chance by reponding to my /shoo

I don't corpse camp, i don't go searching for lowbies, I don't spam /laugh /spit or whatever emotes on my victims but if i happen to run into something way below my level and it is Horde it's dead. Noone said war was easy ;)

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
How we suppose to get any good guild rivalries if you guys all carebear along helping each other.. If some guild ganked you 5vs1 and you saw someone from that same guild who just happened to be -10 or more levels below you, you let him live? he associates with those ppl who ganked you, therefore he dies :)

And if some level 50s are camping some level 20 zone killing all, just take note that is prolly all they can kill, so let them have their 5min of fame and glory ...

Have some pity for the poor guys who cant kill someone their own level.. They need help not hate! :) Or just wait until you are no longer a lowbie and take your revenge

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Wyleia said:
And if some level 50s are camping some level 20 zone killing all, just take note that is prolly all they can kill, so let them have their 5min of fame and glory ...

The problem is that some high levels tend to corpse-camp for a lot longer than 5 minutes. A guildmate got ganked by an alliance peep 20+ lvls higher than him on Shattered Hand, camped his corpse for like 30 minutes and in the end my guildie just logged.

I myself have been spam rooted by a druid 10+lvls higher than me just the other day. If someone is that lame to jump on lower lvls so be it. At least kill me and get it over with, instead of /spit, keeping me in place, just so I cant do anything. I was forced to log to another char for a while, hoping that the person wasnt so pathetic as to wait for me to log back in. And yeah blah blah *if you cant handle PvP, play another server*. That isnt PvP. Thats just plain bitterness.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
sad that ppl cant handle pvp.
when u choose server it didnt say playerverusuplayerthatarethesamelevel. :wub:

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
newsflash ** Killing lowbies may be bad for your health

If anyone uses the pvplog/kos tool provided by nurfed - then people killing lowbies (by this I mean >5 levels lower) they are simply guarenteeing a /add member to KOS list.

Not a problem now, but guess what, little people grow and in about 3 months that lvl 20 noob who is now lvl 60 is gonna have a flashing red light in his brain every time he sees you. He is gonna aim straight for you ignoring even the truesilver despoits that stand in his path.

Next time you gank, think about the future :)

Eldwin

Fledgling Freddie
It gets very messy on Warsong with horde lvl 45s+ constantly invading redridge/lakeshire and constantly killing quest npcs its onyl a lvl20ish area leave usss alone

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wrong way:
Higbies killing lowbies bad hiss boo!!

Right way:

Dear King of WoW,

I am a lowbie and i speak on behalf of all my lowbie friends. For years now, highlevel people have been coming to our towns, killing our warriors, slaughtering our NPC's, poking our women and petting our mechanical squirrels. We have had enough! It is time that this mindless genocide of lowbies ends. We want a group of eleet soldiers defending us, highlevel people who are willing to fight for us in this time of death and massacre. As you plan on better enchantments on your swords and faster ways to gain gold for your kingdom of glory, our people are dying by the thousands! We lowbies will not stand by while you discuss this problem in a committee! This problem needs a solution and it needs it yesterday...we beg of you, send help...

-Tiny McPoopie, Leader of United Lowbies.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Funny enough, thats more or less what happened to me last night. Landed in Auberdine and got message that town was under attack. Found there were 2 lvl 33+ Horde (Mage and Rogue, quel surprise) happily ganking the low levels in the area that dared to challenge them as the killed some NPCs.

So I did unto them as they were doing unto others. Not challenging, not skillfull, but then, neither were they.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
I just so love ganking those rogues in the lowbee area's that are there to gank lowbees of my side. Even groups of rogues sometimes. And I keep ganking them cause I know they aren't there for the xp but just griefing. And please don't come with the excuse of take someone on your own side cause you ain't doing that either :D Justice pure and simple.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed, it is deeply satisfieing to gank gankers :)

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Tirfo said:
Respect to those horde on skullcrusher that have left my mage alone to get on with the boring chores of class specific quests or xp at decent spots here and there (as i solo 90% of the time), as for the rest of the middle to late 40's who think they are clever by ganking on sight either on their own or with others can kiss my little gnome butt, you wont be higher lvl for ever, show some decency you f'ing muppets. /wave to all the pryd players on skullcrusher horde + alliance :)

Give name so I can /hug spamm u next time :sex:

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
[TB] Benedictine said:

If anyone uses the pvplog/kos tool provided by nurfed - then people killing lowbies (by this I mean >5 levels lower) they are simply guarenteeing a /add member to KOS list.

Not a problem now, but guess what, little people grow and in about 3 months that lvl 20 noob who is now lvl 60 is gonna have a flashing red light in his brain every time he sees you. He is gonna aim straight for you ignoring even the truesilver despoits that stand in his path.

Yeh fat chance :) You lucky you aint playing on stormscale :kissit:

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
[TB] Benedictine said:

I just got the blacklist mod myself a few days ago but the way this is going, by the time Im 60, pretty much every alliance peep will be on my blacklist anyway... And nah I'll prefer the truesilver :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I leave Horde alone for the most part, however rogues no matter what level die I don't care if they are lvl 20 or lvl 60 they have to die...

I won't attack any other horde unless they take a pop at me first.......

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
killing only rogues lowbies for satisfaction is just as stupid as killing any lowbie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom