High Prices

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
Why are the scrolls selling for such rediculious amounts 20p-40p-60p for a scroll, whats wrong with you people. By the time ive farmed the item/scroll ill be grey, by the time ive farmed the cash ill be leveling sommit else and spending it on that due to bordom do ya fellow hibs a favour and lower them. Its nice having the cash if its ever sold but its much nicer saving someone a whole lot of time.

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
I farmed 67p in 20 mins 3 days ago :(
And if u dont like the prices, go farm urself will u

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
20p is alot to me, be nice if we made it easier for everyone is all im saying. needing MT 2o3 atm currently two for sale 25p and 40p reacon ill spend a month or two to get it or the cash activate the arti then finally either never level it or never play the character ;< wot a waste of a nice guys life (slight begness to the readers there)

um wait im reading fh at 3am on a week day i have no life :eek6:

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
I farmed 67p in 20 mins 3 days ago :(
And if u dont like the prices, go farm urself will u

well arnt you lucky and your still putting a unhappy smilie like it werent enouth. :wanker:

pled ani and ment from lvl1-44 in df made a plat on each char from coin drops 4p made 10p from the seals prolly double it from 44-50 so thats just enouth for 1 scroll and two naked 50s wheres the sence in that.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
yeah mate , as jika said if u dont wana farm it pay for it or vice versa. if i go and farm something in demand i wanted too get paid well for it, dont post a QQ thread simply cause u want an expensive item/scroll and then proclaim ur gona be playing some alt in near future... kinda defeats of putting somethin that expensive on a char?

cept for u vf :)

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
a decrease? wat u on about? i load up 4 acc's too farm in toa sometimes (2 belong too irl mates) it takes me effort too farm those hard scrolls, playing 4 toons at same time and mass pulling as the same time - now i know not ever one has access too that type of farming power but there you go .. some do some dont its just another fact.

I see were ur comming from wen i was only a low lvl player i couldnt imagine paying large sums of money for items wen i was just after dinging 50... then i went into toa and realised wat it was all about (i did buy my jacina sash for 15p ) but times change ( its now 30p afaik :p )

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Agreed with the previous posters, if you can't farm it or afford it, no scroll for you :<
Me thinks the anis made it like this :X

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
wasn't a qq thread intentionally, prices need to be decreased in general im sure there are many people in the same predicament and i wouldnt be on the alts atall if the mains were kitted out accordingly.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
i think simply put , u either farm it / trade for it or buy it. its that simple at the end of the day. its toa some things arnt designed too be easy.

i for one enjoy the aspect of farming some items as i get payed redicoulous amounts of money for 5min work or less :)

i will end my spamming as of this post :p

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
if there are lots of people in the same predicament you could group up farm scrolls and undercut the other sellers.

Prices will soon drop.

On alb pryd tosten dropped the price of morai stuff to amazingly low levels.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
it's not the animists fault (or not mainly)

it's a) the lower population and b) everyone exping artifacts in PoC instead of ToA zones and hence get no scroll drops

There are a couple of good spots to farm rare scrolls with various different classes (no, you dont always need 4 accounts or a ml9 chanter or a light ment with salamander). It doesnt matter if you get a scroll you need or not - if you get any of the rare ones just sell it and buy the one you need.

Bluevixen

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with Gobn....you can farm Komo island (yellow/blue con to 50). Scholars 3of3 and Tyrus Epic poem drop there and they are worth a few Plat. However, it can take 4 hours of solid farming just to get one of those scrolls.
Re Mad Tales 2of3 - Go on a ML7 group step raid. One usually drops on that raid along with many other expensive scrolls. You could also post here about doing a ML7 dungeon farm. I am sure 7 other people will want to join. (you must be ML3 to do it!)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Only started on Hib recently and with no cash etc. Farming scrolls now is the only way I have of funding my little guilds crafting needs. Tyrus's epic dropped a few times as I made my way up through the 40 levels and now I've got a few others to sell like Louka's full books etc (on CM 3203 at low low prices - well ok at normal prices ;) ) I was shocked to see the price of Maddening scalars and nailahs scrolls but I guess that's to be expected due to them being extremely popular artifacts..

Prices are several times what they are on Alb/Prydwen for certain items but I actually see it as a market system, means the server has matured. Same thing happened to Ultima Online once enough people were playing that there was a sustained supplly and demand...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Acetylsalicylic said:
Why are the scrolls selling for such rediculious amounts 20p-40p-60p for a scroll, whats wrong with you people. By the time ive farmed the item/scroll ill be grey, by the time ive farmed the cash ill be leveling sommit else and spending it on that due to bordom do ya fellow hibs a favour and lower them. Its nice having the cash if its ever sold but its much nicer saving someone a whole lot of time.
Welcome to Excal
Just be glad you didnt pick Mid

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
he does have a point about the prices though guys you have to admit.

Its a vicious circle, people put a scroll on CM for 20p coz they need 20p to pay for a different scroll they need.

Its quite funny when you think about the similarities to real life. The devide between rich and poor. Rich people buy plasma TVs, poor people buy a radio. :)

My only problem is that the greedy people who have everything (artis, armour, jewelry, mansions and tons of cash) are the ones who farm these things and sell them to make even more money. Its like premiership footballers, they earn millions a year but its still not enough and they will end up leaving Liverpool to join chelsea in the summer for £35m!! :m00:

Sorry, just dont want Gerrard to leave liverpool :)

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
The rising prices are due to people generally having more cash! i know i've made alot of plats just from rvr, MT2/3 is rare and lots of people are after it afaik and so its expensive anyway. A friend of mine has made 450p in about 2 weeks from farmin ml9 dungeon im gonna have 2 join him at some point heh!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
if xazu has 450p he better sponsor me! ill change my lastname to "SponsoredByXazu"! or anybody who will sponsor me!

PonZaC

One of Freddy's beloved
Acetylsalicylic said:

Have u ever thought about that those scrolls to 60p is someone who just add'ed them to cm, and don't wanna sell them ? :p

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I think the problems lies within the class´s .. ML9 pet especially.. makes one person alone capable of soloing moust artyfacts availeble, wich allows a small group of people to make insane amounts of cash :) (Enchanters..)
Some might say anis is a problem to, but the fact is still that after shroom nerf you still need more then just a one ani to get the same effect as one before the nerf :)
So the people with pve godlike chars like xazu, will be rich, but the rest will be poor imho. I suppose thats just how it is :)
Must say, i think the prices on scrolls have raised so much duo to population dropping aswell (1000 online on excal at primetime the last week etc).

Anyway, i still believe % whise hibs would be the ones with the moust artyfacts activated compared to alb and mid.. So maybe we shouldnt complain.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Ogen said:
I think the problems lies within the class´s .. ML9 pet especially.. makes one person alone capable of soloing moust artyfacts availeble, wich allows a small group of people to make insane amounts of cash :) (Enchanters..)
Some might say anis is a problem to, but the fact is still that after shroom nerf you still need more then just a one ani to get the same effect as one before the nerf :)
So the people with pve godlike chars like xazu, will be rich, but the rest will be poor imho. I suppose thats just how it is :)
Must say, i think the prices on scrolls have raised so much duo to population dropping aswell (1000 online on excal at primetime the last week etc).

Anyway, i still believe % whise hibs would be the ones with the moust artyfacts activated compared to alb and mid.. So maybe we shouldnt complain.

tho, imo necro > chanter xD

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Garbannoch said:
it's not the animists fault (or not mainly)
Well you know all cash ingame comes mainly from 3 things: mob drop (bag of coins), quest rewards and salvage
2 other things got introduced later, cash from rvr and free lvl cash
Early toa people could farm diamond seals while afk etc with fop and ani(s) and someone to loot for hours and hours, making maybe 40-50-60-100 plats in seals during one or 2 days, add that up with the number of people doing it and the time ani petcount wasnt max 15 and pling you got inflation. too much cash between players, prices increase.

Deathspike

Banned
All you really need is a Enchanter / buffbot and farm scrolls its easy tbh and when you get what you want you feel alot better than just buying them for 20p+ :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom