Votes: 21 25.6%
  • Do you care?

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • Do Kobolds smell?

Votes: 18 22.0%

• Total voters

Calcus

Fledgling Freddie
Had to laugh today. Was doing a bit of RvR with my freshly leveled scout and a guildie when we got rolled by a full group. Now nothing wrong in that as we are the enemy and I believe if you dont want to die dont go RvR.

The funny thing was the Kobold running alongside and fighting with this FG of Hibs.

Cant say I am bothered as to the rights and wrongs of this as strange things happen in war.

But what do others think?

Just a bit of fun. However if any Kobolds are offended then thats purely a bonus.

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
Ruins the game but lets face it nobodies bothered so the ones who enjoy it carry on
For the likes of me WoW and other games are so much more appealing then argueing over Balance when the ones throwing the game out of balance get praised for it
Enough talking about it tho... it`s ruined my gameplay and it`s me that pays my subs... so rather then post rant after rant i`m keeping my cash in my pocket till i find something less boring to play

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
hm, look people, I've been wondering about this hibgard (or midbernia, whatever) 'problem' everyone seems to cry about.
The thing is: IT'S A FREAKIN' WAR OUT THERE! and as Calcus was intelligent enough to point out: weird things happen in wars. Think about it, what we're doing in this game is exactly what people have been doing in real life. Example you ask? Well I'd be glad!

In the time of the Sovjet Union (I'll say SU from now on because it's easier to type) they were trying to conquer afghanistan. Now, the problem was Afghanistan for one didn't want that (they wanted to be free), and the USA didn't want the SU to conquer afghanistan either because that would increase the SU power. So the USA trained some Afghanistan soldiers and gave them funds so they could fight better against the USA. Basically that's the same as USA sending troops over to Afghanistan to fight the SU at Afghanistan soldier's side. (why didn't they do so? Simple: USA couldn't risk a straight forward attack by the SU)

Another example, again, is between the USA and SU, but this time in vietnam. USA wants to fight in vietnam, they have to fight against the VC (vietcong). Thing is, usually that fight would've been easy as hell, but the SU gave the VC funds and stuff. Once again, 2 vs 1.

Whenever you have a triangle of enemies, you'll always reach a point where 2 enemies temporarily work together to knock down the third enemy. After the third enemy is gone from sight, they will turn on each other.
In pure ecological terms it's cald 'symbiosis', a fenomena where two lifeforms work together in order to make at least 1 of the two lifeforms profit. Hibgard would be a symbioses in which both lifeforms profit, so I don't see why not.

What they're doing in my eyes isn't wrong. It's just a part of the game. Something mythic probably knew that could happen. It's just a play of tactics on a way higher scale than we are used to. Just respond to this the way we should: stop crying and change your own tactics.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Just think some people actually respects each other and therefor doesn't kill on sight. Maybe many mids/hibs knows each other and that's why it is like you say, but that's just how it is!
Get used to not everyone hating, adding and raping on sight. That's the biggest reason for it i think..

And stop b.i.t.c.h'ing about it. Becoming an old joke :eek:

Arelas

Fledgling Freddie
There is none realm call hibgard and btw just because 1 grp do it then not say it all the realm like u guys say to us when it only 1 grp there use to do AC raids :twak:

Am not artiv anymore, but i know this thing from when i was playing from 2 months ago.

sevardoc

Fledgling Freddie
TBH the game is dying any way so you can enjoy while it lasts or go play a different game, i mean come on if people constantly moan about it why on earth do they carry on paying to play it :touch:

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
There is none realm call hibgard and btw just because 1 grp do it then not say it all the realm like u guys say to us when it only 1 grp there use to do AC raids :twak:

Am not artiv anymore, but i know this thing from when i was playing from 2 months ago.

Could you please use the fecking dictionary or learn english? cant understand shit your talking :m00:

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Just think some people actually respects each other and therefor doesn't kill on sight. Maybe many mids/hibs knows each other and that's why it is like you say, but that's just how it is!
Get used to not everyone hating, adding and raping on sight. That's the biggest reason for it i think..

And stop b.i.t.c.h'ing about it. Becoming an old joke :eek:

Wrong forum?! This the Albion Dyvet cluster forum not the hib forum or another server mmkay...?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
so when my inf is getting zerged by a trio and hib fg comes and kills the 3 mids and leaves me, what is it then? Quite simple , some ppl are left (usually known soloers), some are zerged down (that are known adders), and if there's a numerical disadvantage in 95% of the cases the 3rd realm will help the outnumbered.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe try and read my english then u freak :puke::puke:

Are you dumb or plain silly? i said learn to type english, that does imply i TRIED to read but its so rubish i cant understant shit your saying.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
What kind of question is " do Kobolds smell? " :O

Ofc they smell .. that is the main reason why they need to get killed .. several times everyday
another reason is that....... they are kobolds :touch:

Arelas

Fledgling Freddie
Are you dumb or plain silly? i said learn to type english, that does imply i TRIED to read but its so rubish i cant understant shit your saying.

Hmm just because you is one of the AC raiders then i think you not understand why hib are like that to save 1 kobold... all the time i have play have we not kill single target, but hey i forgot you do it everytime on alb so hib are more nice agains soloer.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
they shouldn't spare solo'ers too you know (allthough I do like it on occasion). The thing is they should fight everybody, no matter in what numbers they appear. When you always leave the solo'ers alone, no wonder people always solo. And when people always solo alot of possibilities in RvR just won't be used. So for the greater good of the game: kill solo'ers too :)

Bridd

Fledgling Freddie
Kill all the damn tree hugging Hibs. Kill all the grotty, ice panted Mids. Expect to be owned and pawned by both in turn. Zerg, add, pop 'em, wedgie, nipple cripple, dead-leg, scratch, spit, hair pull, root and annihalate their sorry asses to nothing ness. I'd kill most of the Albs, the moanining minnies, if only they'd let me.

BUT!!!!

For goodness sake stop flaming each other about who has the worst English, when you are both at fault in this deparment.

Ciao for now.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm just because you is one of the AC raiders then i think you not understand why hib are like that to save 1 kobold... all the time i have play have we not kill single target, but hey i forgot you do it everytime on alb so hib are more nice agains soloer.

Ok...took me 5 mins but i got this one. Ill translate here for everyone:

"Hmm just because you are one of the AC raiders then i think you do not understand why hibs are like that to save 1 kobold... all the time i have played i haven´t killed single targets, but hey i forgot you do it everytime on alb so hib are more nice against soloers."

Wow you amaze me. First you cannot type a single sentence without making one mistake and second of all you contradict yourself. Whats AC raiding have to do with killing 1 kobold?
You havent killed 1 single target since you played? lol you just zerg then? :D
Orly? is that why you constantly add on fights with your ranger?

another shity and clueless post if you ask me.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
k, would the two spelling masters please shut up? Nobody's English is perfect I guess, and pointing it out all the time really makes sure this problem we're discussing is neglected.
Also, adding on other kills is not wrong. If you want private duels, go play guild wars or something like that. Adding is, once again, part of the game. It may be shitty when you're about to make a solo kill, but be honoust: when you're getting killed and someone adds to save the day you're pretty happy about it. So don't cry about it when it's both good and bad, just get to deal with it.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
k, would the two spelling masters please shut up? Nobody's English is perfect I guess, and pointing it out all the time really makes sure this problem we're discussing is neglected.
Also, adding on other kills is not wrong. If you want private duels, go play guild wars or something like that. Adding is, once again, part of the game. It may be shitty when you're about to make a solo kill, but be honoust: when you're getting killed and someone adds to save the day you're pretty happy about it. So don't cry about it when it's both good and bad, just get to deal with it.

I dont want adds even when I'm about to lose, but thats just me :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH

I never told that adding is bad, i just told that he was an hipocrit or liar cause he was saying that he didnt add but he did so please start to learn before you talk of GW to me ok?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
When Mythic were designing the game I imagine it went very much along the lines of:

(developer a) Lets have 2 realms that fight between them..
(developer b) What happens when one realm has twice the numbers of the other realm..
(developer a) Well lets have 3 realms.. that way if one is overpopulated the other 2 can band together and it's unlikely that one realm will become dominant.

In fact it was such a great idea in terms of keeping slightly more balance on the servers and stopping one side running riot that they patented the idea which is why other games haven't all copied it.

It was designed by the creators for 2 realms to work together against the third at times they were outnumbered. It's working exactly as intended by the design team. As such all the whining about it just makes you look rather silly!

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
When Mythic were designing the game I imagine it went very much along the lines of:

(developer b) What happens when one realm has twice the numbers of the other realm..
(developer a) Well lets have 3 realms.. that way if one is overpopulated the other 2 can band together and it's unlikely that one realm will become dominant.

In fact it was such a great idea in terms of keeping slightly more balance on the servers and stopping one side running riot that they patented the idea which is why other games haven't all copied it.

It was designed by the creators for 2 realms to work together against the third at times they were outnumbered. It's working exactly as intended by the design team. As such all the whining about it just makes you look rather silly!
:worthy::clap::worthy::clap:

kivik

Part of the furniture

Wins the thread.

Oh and funny seeing the Kinetix correcting others' spelling and grammar, the irony.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved

Quite some logic there, good post actually but what if???

Alb
Mid

Went to part Hib like 4 keeps to albs cause they are the realm with larger numbers, 3 keeps to mids. Changed number of towers once a week (df access), and relics once a month. (hib ones of cause)

Wouldnt that be a better solution so both albs and mids meaning the larger player base could do insta rvr in the whole of hib frontier, without risking their own butt.

Now hib players would of cause be screwed, especially the loyal ones that only play on 1 side of the cluster.

I play on one side of the cluster, and would not make chars on another and do turncoat movement like some do.

If you cannot play on a german or french server, it is lack of real life skill not game skill. Go learn some languages. (know some would whine that their only foreign language is english)

Conclusion:
This is a what if situation, not that i say that it will ever happen, especially because too many ppl do not think in the possibility.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not quite sure I completely understand the post above mine here, but I think Vonwar is trying to say 'what if the two strongest sides team up and supress the third side, and just play iRvR on the grounds of that supressed third side?', right?

Well, suggesting that I understood Vonwar's post, I'm saying idd that it could be a possibility, but unlikely. Why is that you ask? Simple few reason. For one, if mythic (or whoever is making daoc these days) would notice this they would make the hib players overpowered (you know, give them xp bonusses, rps bonusses, str bonusses, .... like they do on underpopulated realm base now). That way the hibs would still stand a chance against mid+alb.
Another thing is: that just won't happen. Offcourse, we all like to beat down weaklings and stuff, but honoustly, we play this game in RvR because we want a challenge too. Just fighting eachother without any risks attached becomes boring, so we'd stop fighting RvR that way.

Also, the urge to conquer comes into play. When two stronger parties join up to defeat the weaker party, the weaker one will be crushed. After the crushing has been, by nature the two stronger parties (who used to have an alliance) will turn on each other. This gives a chance for the weaker party to rise again, so on and so on. So basically, in this plot, it would still be each realm for itself. (because, offcourse, the title 'stronger party' would swap from realm to realm too, for instance: first mid and alb are strongest parties and they crush hib, so mid turns on alb and vice versa. Time proves, for instance, alb is stronger than mid, so mid gets crushed by albs. While alb was crushing mid however, the hibs got stronger again, and now the two strongest parties are alb and hib.)

Now, that's just alot of mumbo jumbo about a what-if scenario that will probably never happen. And if you ask why, I'll refer to history again ;)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
if albs would stop playing like retards hibs an mids would maybe wanna stop..

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
if albs would stop playing like retards hibs an mids would maybe wanna stop..

you're right about albs playing like retards for the biggest part of the time, but I don't see how stop doing that would make sure hib and mid don't fight together anymore. If anything, when alb stops playing like idiots, we'll get even stronger, so hib and mid will find greater need to fight side by side.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
jesus your posts scare me Mcflury, insanely well written and extremely uninque... I didnt know we had such cowboys on dyvet cluster... :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom