Hibernian Tank

Lomelinda

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, I'm finally returning to daoc after a couple of years of absence to play on the devon cluster.

I'm wondering which tank class is the most worthwhile one to play as a Hib, as in BM/Hero/Champ. Are BMs useful nowadays and dishout good dmg or is the hero class the best option? I'm looking for a class which is useful in end game for both PvE/PvP.

All help appreaciated! :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
As well as the 3 main tanks, there is also the vamp, VW and Warden.

Hero: Excellent in PvE. Good solo and small groups. In fg some people may prefer Warden or VW for the BG slot.

Champ: Good in PvE. Excellent solo, small groups and fgs. Can be hard to play at low realm rank because of the low hp and low WS.

BM: Good in PvE. Not so good solo but good in tank push groups. Needs a few realm ranks to get the important RA (Charge and Det).

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
As well as the 3 main tanks, there is also the vamp, VW and Warden.

Hero: Excellent in PvE. Good solo and small groups. In fg some people may prefer Warden or VW for the BG slot.

Champ: Good in PvE. Excellent solo, small groups and fgs. Can be hard to play at low realm rank because of the low hp and low WS.

BM: Good in PvE. Not so good solo but good in tank push groups. Needs a few realm ranks to get the important RA (Charge and Det).

You left out Vamp:

Godly in PvE against equal con mobs, weak against high con mobs.
Good in PvP in all situations but needs RR6/7 to get enough toys, and is very weak to any battlemaster with a brain and power tap.
Think mauler with SL in terms of soloability.

Lomelinda

Fledgling Freddie
What about valewalkers? How good are they? Do they get groups in RvR?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
What about valewalkers? How good are they? Do they get groups in RvR?

VW are a fun class but can be difficult to play. They are Battle Masters so often take the BG slot. They can do insane damage in combat (2handed weapon with style grow rates ~2 and with 200 damage procs mean you can hit tanks for 1000+) and have some very useful styles and some good spells that mean you can help keep the interupts going even if rooted. The downside is the fact you are a tank with cloth armour and low hit points. You do have buffs to increase your surviability but you can still die quite quickly.

Lomelinda

Fledgling Freddie
Do they get groups in 8v8 RvR or should I just go for the Hero class?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Do they get groups in 8v8 RvR or should I just go for the Hero class?

VW can certainly be part of an 8v8 group but it does depend on the setup. As I said the VW takes the Body Guard spot in the group so it has to compete with the warden or hero. Some groups don't run a BGer, while other run 2!

The VW is a reasonably well balanced class (its got some really good points but some downsides as well). You can expect to get just as many groups on a VW as you do on a hero. The most important thing is how good you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom