HIBERNIA’s first ever officially unofficial DUEL tournament

D

deygos

well I fired off an email to GOA a few weeks back and have had no reply from them supporting my ideas as of yet, anyhow I wanna outline my plans since 1.54 is imminent and gauge your opinions

*a 32 player knockout tournament, with the top 16 rpt holders seeded (in this case top 16 drawn from compiled list of champs/heros/bms), and 16 players from guilds not represented in the draw (1 nominated player per guild and seeded by position on rpts table)

*lvl 50’s only

*use of realm abilities is allowed (harder to regulate/not allow)

*self buffs only

*use of crystals not allowed

*the main format for the duel will be class restricted, for the main event only WAY OF ARMS classes can enter….blademasters…heroes and champs, however I plan to do other formats……such assssssssss

TAGTEAM …..XXXX class plus your choice of buffer or somit (buffing u before fight, not certain how viable this is yet)

CELEBRITY GRUDGE MATCH….hibernia’s biggest ego’s/a-holes challenge each other to avenge the time when they where in spraggon den and one of them pulled Sprigitt for a laugh…., the afking w****r bard who went afk without telling no one and left u at knights with no rezzer, that dumbass firby druid who missed a heal and lost u a crapload of xp and con etc etc when you was lvl 10 and had no money or friends…., that scum listholder who gave you 4 different positions at 4 different times for fins and then bumped you down the list anyway for his “friends”, the noob that lotto’d for a drop he cant use because…he collects them….the elitist tosser that u’ve always wanted to gank….hmmm eleasias versus xanthian comes to mind

FFA…free for all…all classes welcome in a random draw of certain chaos

NAKED FACEOFF….no armour, a staff for each competitor (aye this one is stupid)

QUICKDRAW….2 rangers line up 2 same hp wardens or other class and draw….the winner is the one who can drop his target first ;)

ONESHOT….8 ns’s line up 8 unbuffed nekkid casters, all perf simultaneously and the one who drops his caster first with ONE HIT..wins

STUNMASTAH…fight…with shields only…

LURI ORGY…shit how did this get in here

etc etc am sure u lot can think of more formats

other possible considerations

the location of the duels might need to b kept secret, only the competitors and selected guildies would then b told of the location in a cg – this is purely to resolve possible lag issues

camerman I need someone to capture the fights

need help possibly to setup a website, peeps could then view fighter profiles and see info such as

favourite move
weapon of choice
most hated enemy
most favoured friend
catchphrase (which fighters would yell at the beginning of the fight)
etc…
play time ;D

luri dance troupe……while the audience waits for the next batch of fighers to arrive I need a bunch of synchronised luri’s who r prepared to keep everyone entertained (u lot need to b in rehearsals right now)

female elf/celt strippers….the firbolgs may get restless…calm them….

sidekick…..some loudmouthed idiot (think…who abuses /as the most) to introduce the fighters etc and pre-fight buildup blah blah…although that could easily b me ;D

prizemoney (this is not decided yet) but currently looks like

200g FOR ENTRY (total haul 6.4plat)

1st prize 3.2plat (50%)
2nd prize 1.92plat (30%)
admin costs (20%) split between me and the cameraman or somit……scrafting is expensive u know..

now for the best bit…

if I can find someone on alb & mid to do something similar then the 3 winners of the tournament would meet in emain for THE DUEL to end all duels…no prizemoney…just fighting for pride honour blah blah and bragging rights…RAHHHHhhhhhhh

and if goa made this official, ie created a hall of fame for past winners etc then the tournament could b held bimonthly or somit and it would actually have some prestige

why am I doing this?

I’m bored lonely and sad, hib needs more events, lvl50’s aint got so much to do or see (yes I know s.i is nearing) and hibs need another dimension to life on excali other than rvr (cough) and pve?!?!, I need cash (real bad) , it would just generally b a good laugh and fun to see this happen

pls post below your ideas and or show ur support by replying so I can decide whether to pursue this further

C

censi

Ill kick all your asses, any time any place any where....

dooh

C

censi

200g FOR ENTRY (total haul 6.4plat)

1st prize 3.2plat (50%)
2nd prize 1.92plat (30%)
admin costs (20%) split between me and the cameraman or somit……scrafting is expensive u know..

Dont think players are gonna be willing to pay 200gp when they can just /dual each other anyway...

But nice idea m8y....

Ill even let Karlophin borrow me Ebops so he can pwn you all!!!!!!

E

Exiled

fiqures,

seems a good idea dey, lil on the pricey side though

S

StormriderX

A nice idea but 200g is quite pricey :( still put me down for it ;)

K

karlophin

Originally posted by censi

Ill even let Karlophin borrow me Ebops so he can pwn you all!!!!!!

Hehe, Cheers Censi!

One thing guys, can bm's use TW, woudl seem rather unfair if we couldn't ;) After all it is a character ability and not an ra :p

S

StormriderX

wonder if flurry will work in duels?

C

congin

sounds really fun, i'll kick all firby asses! :D

D

deygos

hmm i thot 200g was reasonable to a 50 lol, ok i might revise but means less prize money etc..

anyone else?

L

-Lillo-

Originally posted by deygos
hmm i thot 200g was reasonable to a 50 lol, ok i might revise but means less prize money etc..

anyone else?

Yes, but not to a lvl 50 crafter ;) (or supporting another crafting char :p)

E

Ebonn

Count me in, aslong as i get to join in with the heros/champs/Blademasters. :)

F

Faeldawn

Wouldnt stand a chance really, but it sounds like fun.

R

Ryu_Murasame

Some of the other battle ideas sound like a great deal of fun, and I imagine would be hilarious to watch (or meyybe it's because I've been awake for 27 hours now and have to laugh at everything before I pass out :) )

If it does take off and anyone needs a good 'sidekick' lemme know, I can talk more funny sh*t than most people and I'm available at a very reasonable price.. :)

I hope that it does though, this is something I wouldn't mind passing up an evening of exp for!

O

old.Niljindil

Damn, why am i not level 50 now... would be nice to do some kiting ;>

T

Tyka

Great idea dey, sign me up ! ;)

Any mages wanna duel me? muhahaha ;)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Tyka
Great idea dey, sign me up ! ;)

Any mages wanna duel me? muhahaha ;)

Love to try one day Tyka, see if my bolts are any good eh ;)

O

old.Nol

great idea, but lets try and use the entrance fee to stock up the relic door fund that Malok runs, like half goes to RDF?

T

thebinarysurfer

I'll duel all you mages :) I challenge ya to beat a draw time of 1.6 seconds :p No more calling me gimp deyg ;)

T

Tyka

Sure autarktis, but ill tell you now, any ranger/mage who is going to challenge me is going to eat alot of grass, enjoy.

E

elerand

Originally posted by thebinarysurfer
I'll duel all you mages :) I challenge ya to beat a draw time of 1.6 seconds :p No more calling me gimp deyg ;)

Come on aut, we got to have a fight at least, I'll show you my shield :D

It'll look like a pincushion after I engage you but who knows ;)

W

wuntvor

Count me in for this , sounds like a right laugh.

<checks his hit list>

Yep some have posted here.........groovy :p

D

deygos

BUMPUS

bump

ok so say 75g?

looks like we will have a

*way of arms only classes tourno
*a mages only tourno
*and a free for all tourno (with priority given to those who couldnt get a spot in the above, this will b a totally random draw with no bias to rpts held)

all with 32 entrants

*16 top rpt holders from each band...ie. the heros/bms/champs rpt list will be combined and the top 16 taken from that

*16 others, 1 representative from each guild that has no one in the draw (this way everyone gets to enter)...the seeding of these 16 will be decided by the position of their guild in the rpt table

now i would like to know if theres anyone who doesn't want to take part, granted this wont happen for another month at least but if someone drops out i need to know asap pls so i can bump up the other peeps in the seeding list etc and sort out the fixtures

and also any other suggestions?

ie. dont tell me u cant afford 75g...dont u want decent prize money?? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread