Hib tanks whining

R

Rhyler

and so finally hib tanks has whined enough according to Mythic to allow them to nerf the chanters (who didn't see this one coming :rolleyes: )

"1. Focus pulling is eliminating the need for heros in exp groups.

- Mythic is aware of the proliferation of focus-pulling enchanters, and the over-use of focus pulling; they are planning to address this issue soon."(Feedback to the hero TL report)

to be honest i can't really see the point in this

1: still a lot of people who hate FP groups and prefer old ones
2: why try to nerf your own realm? hib is becoming like albion soon
3: if a place is camped, why not find another one? there are many good unused exp spots in hibernia no one travels to(answer is obvious people are just to lazy to find new exp spots, includes FP groups too)
4: have ns or rangers ever complained about not getting into groups? no they accepted the fact they weren't wanted and so they soloed through levels

i'm sure I can't avoid flames in a place like barrysworld (mission impossible I would say) but try keep it to a minimum at least

A

Arnor

then you try to lvl a tank to 50, i've been told too many times "nothx, doing focus pulls" after my xp-group went to pieces.
Only real option is pl or making your own xp-group, but not everyone has the option of pl, or the time required for an xp-group. There are few enough groups in hib as it is, not allowing tanks to join focus pulls is adding injury to insult.

And its not the hib tanks that whine that are getting fds nerfed, its the fucking selfish focus-pullers that dont let tanks join thats getting it nerfed imo.

C

congin

Rhyler i guess your either a chanter or an alb as you can't see the point of it

S

Slytale

Hib tanks still needed in focus grps ... SOMEONE has to pick up the lewt !!

:m00:

C

Chameleon

Can't wait for this to happen to be honest. Focus pulling only added to an already bad situation in hib with group making. Did everyone forget that this is a game and supposed to be fun? Being powerlevelled by mana chanters is a dull experience at best and focus pulling just doesn't work in rvr :rolleyes: When you've taken a few characters to 50, you might not cherish the idea of taking another through it all the old fashioned way, but each class is different, needs learning and enjoying on the path to 50. If you can't face doing it again, it's probably best you stick with the characters you have, or even quit the game and find something else to play that you actually enjoy imo.

N

Noche

Nerf DS or Enhance overall rvr performance/hib style list, if I had to put a priority on those 2 I know which I will choose... (don´t tell me u serious believe that Mythic can do more than 1 thing at once without screwing it all around :p)

O

old.Laryssa

Originally posted by Slytale

i remember when we used NS, Rangers and BM for this tasks .... old days :D

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Slytale

nah, second manachanter is standing right on all the loot after pbaoing, no need for more loot pickeruppers :)

K

Kicks

dunno how they gonna nerf focus pulls without destroying the class but hey like they care.

Heros should stop moaning imo make ya own grps etc, rangers/shades/non mana mages all have to deal with it :eek:

V

vintervargen

thing is you dont need much for a focus pull grp, you need a chanter, 1-2 more pbaoers, some healers and a menta if none of the healers are a bard.

with a normal group you need normaly 3 tanks. and i do mean tanks, that can block/parry take hits and stuff. and a warden, and a druid, and a bard for end regen.

at least focus pulling makes it easier for stealthers to level.

and tbh, hib is the magic realm, but we got (afaik) more tanks active in rvr then casters, which is a bit weird. so focus pulling dings more casters to 50 then tanks, which is only good (IMO & ATM).

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Kicks
dunno how they gonna nerf focus pulls without destroying the class but hey like they care.

umm, you could like put the focus shield in light specc or ench?

wake up and sniff the maple nut crunch etc

B

boni_ofdavoid

Heros should stop moaning imo make ya own grps etc, rangers/shades/non mana mages all have to deal with it :eek:

They need to nerf pet af with buffs. Its a little broken when a pet can tank 8 purples at once like it was meleeing a single mob... A pet should not be a better tank than a shield hero, thats whats wrong with it.

U

uncle_sal

Couple of times felt like making a nice whine about leveling these days, but i doubt it would make much difference... im trying to level old fashioned... make my own groups with few guildies etc. and i consider myself lucky that i have suitable bard, manabomb, druid in guild and irl mate playing a warden... still feels bit odd that i messaged 4 nightshades for tankspot... only single one replyed and basicly told me he CBA... oh well... gonna love to see how all these powerleveled shades and focuspuller are gonna handle it in RvR... they gonna focuspull albs with no tanks or something?

Though every1 who has joined my EZ groups have loved the exp... hint hint... exping usually from 3.30 pm GMT on... /whine off

A

Amadon

I'm just glad I'll have plvl'd my hero to 50 before they screw chanters over royally with the nerf bat :)

R

Rhyler

Originally posted by Arnor
umm, you could like put the focus shield in light specc or ench?

wake up and sniff the maple nut crunch etc

if you been around for a long time you remember they HAD the focus shield in the enchantment line before, the reason they moved it to mana was because mana wasn't a viable spec, only a pb spell in it which made mana chanters not viable chars (mana elds 10x better) now when people finally discovered a good way to use their spec line and pets people begin to whinem, so the whining tanks are only selfish beings that just because they can't get into the new types of groups and leech uber exp and have to stick with normal (slower exp) they think it should be nerfed

tanks motto: if I can't get uber exp then no one else should be able to get it either

if they nerf the focus shield itself (probably reducing the dps) they of course need to nerf all the other realms focus shields or else it will definitly create even more whining that there currently are.

U

uncle_sal

You are are moron Rhyler you know that? Tank´s motto? WTF u on.. everheard of balance.. how are you even gonna make old fashion slow exp groups that im totally happy with when every chanter/druid/bard are doing focuspulling? Feel free to do anything that makes realm stronger.. but without tanks you are just freebies to anything that wants to kill you.. i think you are the selfish bastard here.

T

Tank Init

easy way to nerf the pet is make the mobs do what they do in a normal group and thats attack anyone they want to, not just the pet :)

ppl saying the pet aint over powered are fools lol, 1 enchanter + 2 healers makes the pet equal to 9+ tanks buffed or unbuffed

1 enchanter and 1 mana ment can take 3 reds with hardly any risk and the pet dont have to be buffed to do that either

Z

Ziva

Or... just lower the xp per leveldifference again. That would eliminate all PL'ers and not only focuspulling ppl (since PL'ing is done by focuspulling a lot of times).

Imho PL'ing ppl ruin the game by camping spots that are supposed to be camped by fgs. If they make this less attractive by giving crappy xp they could solve both issues at once.

C

Chameleon

Originally posted by Ziva
Or... just lower the xp per leveldifference again. That would eliminate all PL'ers and not only focuspulling ppl (since PL'ing is done by focuspulling a lot of times).

Imho PL'ing ppl ruin the game by camping spots that are supposed to be camped by fgs. If they make this less attractive by giving crappy xp they could solve both issues at once.
Yep, great idea imo. PL'ing is ruining the game and taking away the fun of xp'ing.

Q

Qte Eth

just move it to ench line and class is just fine having both pbae and that dps shield is wrong ,and how the hell can this ruin the class if it only makes exping in the way all other realms exp?..

C

congin

Agree with Ziva and Qte... and sal too, after that second post i see you are teh tard Rhyler.

tanks motto: if I can't get uber exp then no one else should be able to get it either

thing is... with uber focus pulling a tank don't ANY exp cuz they are just evul n00bs leeching of the pwnz0r manachanters uberl337 exp. Tanks are not wanted and as sal said, it's pretty hard to get a group up as tank, stealther or light mage as many druids and bards taken by focus groups.

L

lofff

imo rhyler is a rerolled alb

and they should just nerf the focus shield for the 3 realms, and the buffs effects on pets (all sort of pets in game, charmed and summoned)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Arnor

And its not the hib tanks that whine that are getting fds nerfed, its the fucking selfish focus-pullers that dont let tanks join thats getting it nerfed imo.

correct.

prolly wouldn't have been whined at if tanks would have been invited to each focus-group :)

oh, and to thread-starter, where have you been? lots and lots of rangers/nss have whined over the fact that they have a hard time getting exp groups.

G

Gahldir

it's rather easy. don't count the dmg-shield dmg as aggrobuilding. would ofc jinx the ability for chanters/SMs/cabbys to farm highleveled stuff together with a healer or 2, but isn't that a lill of the point?

but then maybe they also should make exping to L50 a lill less harder :)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Rhyler
if you been around for a long time you remember they HAD the focus shield in the enchantment line before

hum, I recall having this for as long as i have had my chanter(about a year). pls back this up with patchnotes. :)

R

Ravenbourne

99.9% of power leveled people have no idea what their class does or what is expected of them in RvR or high level dungeons (galla, TS) I chuckle everytime i see 8x death spam in CM as a PL group gets wiped out. I dont expect to get a group with my ranger and tbh i like it solo at the moment, if i die its my own fault and i can learn from mistakes. It sucks when the staple RvR group parts cant even exp anymore. What are the chanters going to do in RvR when there are no tanks left to protect their cloth wearing little arses, their prized pets wont bother :)

C

Ceap

1.62... /level command.

so some sort of hard cap, maybe 10 lvls from highest to lowest; more than 10 lvls and the lowest gets NO exp. This is enuff that even at 4am u can still find a grp member of suitable lvl without allowing pl grps. more extreme versions sees no one getting xp if the lvl range is 15.

move focus to ench spec.

more radical yet, how about a hard minimum lvl on dungeons, such as lvl 25 for CM... u just can't get in before that... i mean, lvl 25... whatcha gonna do, breathe on them? :p

U

uncle_sal

Was just disgussing with one chanter about the fins focuspulling... without mentioning any names, but they were making something like 15 mills per mob on lvl 47 after camp bonus was gone... meanwhile we were chainpulling Glimmer stuff for 3-8 x 35 mills on lvl 46... ok... maybe not chainpull of 8 mobs, but 3-4 was easily chainpulled... no deaths... can always change camp when bonus runs out... i was just wondering whats the point with these fins? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom