Hib rvr

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Peat and Aran are the ones to talk to atm about most of the organised ones iirc).

Bah im going to get spammed now. :p

Seriously the number differance is a huge problem, we simply cannot match the number of people the other realms have.

TBH i would avoid fin4, its boring and doesnt teach you anything about your character.
As mentioned the best way to do it is to come as a group and work together.
ideal situation would be for a guild to move over but realisically its unlikely to happen.
trying to start here solo is hard, recently did a /who 19 23 and all i saw was 2 mentalists and 3 druids which arnt the best classes for soloing.

As far as the group side goes, its hard, i joined a group with fern and in 8 runs all we managed to do was kill a few soloer that we bumped into before getting rolled over.
this was with a fairly balanced group that didnt /disband after the first failure.
Most of the action is in emain and a random group cant survive there during primetime.
Odins is very hit and miss, sometimes there are groups there, sometimes nothing.
Wall is mostly a waste of time as the albs seem scared of thier frontier.
Managed to get Fern to CS and waited outside the gates for over an hour(primetime).
During this time all i saw were 2 mids (still unsure what a solo healer was doing there).

I would suggest a 'random group day' held in the wall or odins but it wouldnt work as some guild gank group would head there for easy kills.

Point is that for a random group waiting half hour to get people together then 10 minutes to run to emain only to be mezz/stun/ganked in less then 10 seconds isnt fun.
And when it happens repeatedly its no suprise people leave to do something else.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Excactly Aran, hence my point: Start making fixed groups.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
I see what you mean, I'll take it with me;)

But such things as making a new fixed group aint easy and takes allot of time wich is a thing allot of people dont have due: school/work/sport/friends :x

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
I see what you mean, I'll take it with me;)

But such things as making a new fixed group aint easy and takes allot of time wich is a thing allot of people dont have due: school/work/sport/friends :x
Yes AngelHeal, that is called dedication. Mind you though, that is what you fight when you get killed in 15s' once entering Emain. Only way to stand a chance is fielding the same teamwork those opted groups do.

One point though, noone says how often you have to do this. Could start out with just a couple of evenings a week. :)

Dervis

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Yes AngelHeal, that is called dedication. Mind you though, that is what you fight when you get killed in 15s' once entering Emain. Only way to stand a chance is fielding the same teamwork those opted groups do.

One point though, noone says how often you have to do this. Could start out with just a couple of evenings a week. :)

not as easy to start an opted group on hib/pry due to population issues mate.
Active bards/droods are rarity as are wardens.
Quite often I have to drag my bard bot with us on the second PC just so that group can have speed - i'm not talking about guild events, just things in general.
I can't remember last time I had bard, warden and a drood in a group at the same time.

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
happens in all realms with pickup groups... only 1 in 20 will the group all stay after the first slaughter. Every slaughter without a kill after that the number that stops rvr increases.

If you dont have a group of friends you run with you be hard pressed to make a lasting group if you die alot. shame really but understandable. With a group of friends you find having a laugh is greater then RP's which is why i run in my duo with a scout of all things most the time. Piss about, have a laugh and forget rp's as you know eventually they will come even if it aint many
...and then if they do come back in numbers you can come here and whine! ;)

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
Aran Thule said:
Seriously the number differance is a huge problem, we simply cannot match the number of people the other realms have.

Current stats show us outnumbered 2:1 by either alb or mid... take your pick ;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Eheh

Takitothemacs said:
Current stats show us outnumbered 2:1 by either alb or mid... take your pick ;)

It's same as saying that next week we gonna face 4:1 odds ^^

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Dervis said:
Quite often I have to drag my bard bot with us on the second PC just so that group can have speed - i'm not talking about guild events, just things in general.
I can't remember last time I had bard, warden and a drood in a group at the same time.
True Dervis, no denying hib/pryd have a population problem - unfortunately.
You lack druids and bards? Go play one then, Im sure you always will be wanted in groups. Convince your friend to do one too! :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Ye

Azathrim said:
True Dervis, no denying hib/pryd have a population problem - unfortunately.
You lack druids and bards? Go play one then, Im sure you always will be wanted in groups. Convince your friend to do one too! :)

I always fight that battle to try convince ppl to get back playing their naturalist, but in all honesty is a tuff work; can understand peeps being in trouble playing one of em eh.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Dervis said:

Like alrdy mentioned then make the bard your main instead of a bot.

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:
U can be rdy 0-50 full toa in week MLs bit longer if u want.

If you spend 24/7 on it maybe and with a guild that backs you up 100%. Else.. No.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It's not that bad atm tbh, just stay out of emain. Lucky enuff with no relics you can /ignore the shithole. If odins or hadrians too dead, it's not much hassle to start knocking on keeps - which tends to bring out randoms much more than it does gank grps (particularly in alb).

Still can have fun without running in opted grps (unless you want to ofc) just have to pick ur own fights.

What *is* scary is we will be much less able to pick our own fights in NF.

Mael, 50th ment.

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
Why doesnt Hib have naturalists?

lemme see.

Thankless - youre there for speed and mez as a bard (thats about it), are going to be the first target and first dead, and get whined at for "end ffs" and "why didnt you mez ffs". Youre there for pbt, the resists and maybe annoying a caster as a warden, you get abuse for not healing, despite your power draining faster than a pint in Aran's hand. Druid, youre there for group purging and heals, buffbots outbuff you and people grumble when you put your decent enough buffs on them, youre expected to avoid combat and heal and not get ganked, oh and rez, all the while getting "heal ffs".

Glory - Ever see a naturalist get a kill spam? no? me either, everyone wants the glory, the big rps from the kills, no one wants to be the poor bastard dead on the ground, or busily trying to keep everyone alive. Everyone wants to run around as the "Hero" like in the myths and legends, Arthur, Merlin, Bodhran Boru`, Cu`Chulainn, Lancelot, William Wallace, nobody wants to be the guy backing the hero up.

Attitude - Buffbots buffbetter, I can get speed from this, your buffs suck, heal more, mez better, do this ffs, end ffs, why didnt you do that ffs. Frankly support gets all the abuse and little thanks, and it always seems to be someone elses job to play druid/warden/bard so little jimmminy can play his enchanter and be the ubernooker.

There are those out there who plug away as naturalists, many of them are nigh legendary because of their dedication, Maleg, Piffany, Lourker, BigChief, HealyWealy, Jupiter, SeanPaul, Devlin, Neverending, Furball and to some extent even Cuchuluhain. But frankly with the abuse and hassles, it simply isnt fun to be support. I make a point to thank any other support I work with or group with, to appreciate them, because they ARE a dying breed.

So next time you cant find a druid or warden or bard, ask yourself why you cant find them, and then ask yourself -why- you cant play one.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Sarumancer said:

lemme see.

Thankless - youre there for speed and mez as a bard (thats about it), are going to be the first target and first dead, and get whined at for "end ffs" and "why didnt you mez ffs". Youre there for pbt, the resists and maybe annoying a caster as a warden, you get abuse for not healing, despite your power draining faster than a pint in Aran's hand. Druid, youre there for group purging and heals, buffbots outbuff you and people grumble when you put your decent enough buffs on them, youre expected to avoid combat and heal and not get ganked, oh and rez, all the while getting "heal ffs".

Glory - Ever see a naturalist get a kill spam? no? me either, everyone wants the glory, the big rps from the kills, no one wants to be the poor bastard dead on the ground, or busily trying to keep everyone alive. Everyone wants to run around as the "Hero" like in the myths and legends, Arthur, Merlin, Bodhran Boru`, Cu`Chulainn, Lancelot, William Wallace, nobody wants to be the guy backing the hero up.

Attitude - Buffbots buffbetter, I can get speed from this, your buffs suck, heal more, mez better, do this ffs, end ffs, why didnt you do that ffs. Frankly support gets all the abuse and little thanks, and it always seems to be someone elses job to play druid/warden/bard so little jimmminy can play his enchanter and be the ubernooker.

There are those out there who plug away as naturalists, many of them are nigh legendary because of their dedication, Maleg, Piffany, Lourker, BigChief, HealyWealy, Jupiter, SeanPaul, Devlin, Neverending, Furball and to some extent even Cuchuluhain. But frankly with the abuse and hassles, it simply isnt fun to be support. I make a point to thank any other support I work with or group with, to appreciate them, because they ARE a dying breed.

So next time you cant find a druid or warden or bard, ask yourself why you cant find them, and then ask yourself -why- you cant play one.

Well it takes a certain type of person to play that sort of class. You are there as support to provide healing and interupts basically rather than out and out damage. Yes your never gonna get the death spam like chanters\elds but u just have to accept it.

For a group, having good support is just as important as having a good damage dealer if not more important. I personally think the warden and druid are great classes, a mixture of interupting and healing/protection. Obviously the bard is under pressure to mez but its still a very nice class when its played properly.

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Its not that fun on the other side either.

Its not easy to get a random grp when there are 3-4 GG out.
If u get one you will prolly run around looking at others deathspam.
If you by any chance see the enemy they are prolly in a fight already.
If you go odins or hadrians you will not find a random grp.

this is not whine! just proving a point.

_About change realm_
If there was a copy/paste guild and i got equal char with equal equipment
then i would move to hib (thou it would feel strange to fight my old friends)
if it have taken me this long to get my equipment fixed on mid it will take forever to start on hib.

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
Sarumancer said:

lemme see.

BS imo if a naturalist cant grp with decent ppl that understand how interupt in rvr works u will end like u said bt tbh as a bard i havent a single grp that said "ffs why didnt u xxx" (well except guildies but thats another story :D)

Glory?!?! Do u even know what u r writing? If u r playing druid/bard for deathspam u better stop playing that class imo... Glory of naturalist is comng from their skills not from death spam.

Tbh ive meet only 1 shitty druid on pryd and many many shit tank/casters. Yes maybe there small numbers of naturalists but i prefer small amount of skilled players than zerg of unskilled deathspam seekers.

EDIT: anyway next time b4 u will say anything bad to ur naturalist ask first why he did/or did not do something :D

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Sarumancer said:
Yeah Sarumancer, there will always be the indulgent newbie with the attitude among the pickups. Hence - another benefit of doing a fixed group. The situation you describe is no different from the support classes in Albion and Midgard by the way.

About the buffs... yeah, buffbots do buffs while at the PK. Why? Well, if you die in the field you won't have access to the buffbot, and if the buffer spend all his conc at the PK, he won't have conc in the field. Don't get upset by that, just remember that extra thing to do when someone dies and get's rezz'd. :)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
About the buffs... yeah, buffbots do buffs while at the PK. Why? Well, if you die in the field you won't have access to the buffbot, and if the buffer spend all his conc at the PK, he won't have conc in the field. Don't get upset by that, just remember that extra thing to do when someone dies and get's rezz'd. :)

In other words: "Buff FFS" :p

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
Sarumancer said:

lemme see.

First: i do agrea with u that support classes are not beeing treatet very well in most random groups, and peeps should realy appriaciate em much more.

That beeing said, i myself find it most rewarding to play Bard for example, when things realy work well. And for the Deathspam part: I remember when i ran on my bard in BoH regulair GG for some mounth i became better and better "Stealing"the death spam from the tanks, using my good nukes :)
when some of the last standing enamyes was very low hp. And after, ofc asking group if i had to do all around here alone? hehe aaah yea that was the times ......

well back to now, Yes support your support in a more suporting way, in order for em to support u better in suporting the supportclasses RPS, And they realy need support, as cant do it alone:) MUHAHHA :clap:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sarumancer said:
None of your points are exclusive to Hibernia. The same situation exists in all realms. Playing support takes a certain mindset, and not everyone has it. Why doesn't Mid have Seers? Oh, we do. Why doesn't Alb have Acolytes? Oh, they do. But, Seer, Naturlist or Acolyte alike, these are all classes that are in short supply and in high demand in all realms. Perhaps the fact that Mids and Hibs typically require four Seers/Naturalists in an RvR group whereas Albs only require two Clerics (and there are fewer pure support classes in an Albion group) plays a role, I don't know.

Thaadi_

Fledgling Freddie
Sarumancer said:

lemme see.

Maybe you are a nobo playing with other noobs.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
A bard is much more than just running speed and mez, I even go as far to say a bard is about the hardest class to play in the entire game as its surely not just a debuff,nuke,nuke class.
And yes naturalists do not (or very rarely) get killspam but that does not matter as that's not why you are there, sure most people only remember the people who get mass killspam and if you want people to recognise(sp?) you because of it then naturalist classes are not ment for you.

And if a group blames you for a death then just quit the group because its just a stupid thing to solely blame a druid/cleric/healer for a death esp. with the insane unhealable assist nuking going on these days.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
AFAIK There's 1 regular bard active in eclipse alliance. By that i mean someone who logs on to their bard and rvrs just with that or 90% of the time. Theres a couple you can get odd time outside of game to log in. That's it folks.

Cuch your list of support chars is way out, don't forget those that still play their support toons. Quinlan, Ramble, Tirfo, Egar etc (even me) Rofl at some of those names, been gone ages. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom