Hib rvr

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
If you are playing DAoC for your fun and finnaly have ur 1st char fully toa'ed *yay*

and u try to go rvr for sometimes (trying to do that for some weeks now)
its VERY hard to get a decent group, not because lack of people inviting you, but just the lack of numbers of people.

And when you finally have a group, and it goes well, they all stay after 1 group-death. But when you die a time withouth killing a other fg, how come ½ the group "logs" , atleast that is what they say they do.
And 2 minutes later you see those people online again dooing something else:X

Ofcourse there are the good groups from NFD, Eclipse, AD etc but that oly 24 players of a totall realm :x

i know u might think im a whiner, but its true.
allot of players log/leave after 1 death, how come? U think your to good for that group? You think RvR is only about winning? '

....anyway my 2cents.

-flame away-
-don't whine about my bad english, coz ill whine harder back about ur dutch-

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
if you see the grp not working you wont waste your time on it, if someone in the grp pisses you off you could be using your time better ;o

but if you know the people you play with, then grp usually stay for a long time imo

Corran

Part of the furniture
happens in all realms with pickup groups... only 1 in 20 will the group all stay after the first slaughter. Every slaughter without a kill after that the number that stops rvr increases.

If you dont have a group of friends you run with you be hard pressed to make a lasting group if you die alot. shame really but understandable. With a group of friends you find having a laugh is greater then RP's which is why i run in my duo with a scout of all things most the time. Piss about, have a laugh and forget rp's as you know eventually they will come even if it aint many

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Huntingtons said:
if you see the grp not working you wont waste your time on it, if someone in the grp pisses you off you could be using your time better ;o

but if you know the people you play with, then grp usually stay for a long time imo
well get it working imo instead of making the easiest choice of: disband :X

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Corran said:
With a group of friends you find having a laugh is greater then RP's which is why i run in my duo with a scout of all things most the time. Piss about, have a laugh and forget rp's as you know eventually they will come even if it aint many
]

exactly my point, its not all about the rp's, also 4 the fun :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I have many times thinking of moving to hib instead but ToA makes it near impossible because it just takes to much time

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
if they die after running "zzz" an hour in emain it's normal they do smth else, cause the game is about fun and not being bored

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Enli said:
if they die after running "zzz" an hour in emain it's normal they do smth else, cause the game is about fun and not being bored
well thats not the case, since thers allways action...

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
well thats not the case, since thers allways action...
action aint always fun, even i got bored of orthenga one shotting my 34 theurg :/
i wonder how much i'm worth

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
I have many times thinking of moving to hib instead but ToA makes it near impossible because it just takes to much time

U can be rdy 0-50 full toa in week MLs bit longer if u want.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
well with a job and family it means I maybe have 10 hours max of playing time/week. that is atleast 2 weeks of leveling if I stand at Fins. Then Artifact hunting (although I guess encounters are up often) then scroll farming.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Like Grymligast says, I sometimes wish I had stayed in Hibernia. However, the threshold to reroll is a bit steep with ToA, artifacts, and MLs.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Like Grymligast says, I sometimes wish I had stayed in Hibernia. However, the threshold to reroll is a bit steep with ToA, artifacts, and MLs.

I agree to a certain extent. However, I also agree with Zapsi. IF you really WANT to start on a new realm and have some knowledge about the game AND have some people who can help you its very doable to ding 50 within 3 (REAL) days.

Get a cash-transfer; get the arti's you need and start levelling em would take another big portion of time but then you're more or less 'ready' for action.

Masterlevels is something different; but alot of classes dont 'need' the ML's to be decent in RvR. And if you want you can most often easily catch up.

I got my ranger to 50 and TOA'ed arti's in about a week of PVE, it took me about 3 weeks to get to ML8 with a relaxed way of playing in the ML-series. Then I hooked up with the FFA raids lead by Venoid to get the 'rest of the ML's ' done.

But.. yes you need (loads) of free time to play during those week(s) to get up and ML's can be shitty if you missed some major ML-raids (ML1, ML2 and ML3 are NEEDED to get up in the ML-ranks fast). But alot of classes work properly without ML's too (druids, bard, casters, light-tanks more or less)

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
What Hib is severely lacking atm is decent Bards, Druids and Wardens, none of which really require any extreme TOA stuff done. Bards with Phoebus and CTR, Druids with +% healing and +% power, and Wardens with, well, ok, so Wardens usually need ml8 minimum now, but are still a viable class without.

So if anyone is thinking of popping over to Hib to take advantage of the 'underpopulated realm' status in NF, as Puppet says, a simple cash transfer to Mid/Alb Excal and then one to Hib Pryd, then get into Fin4, and you'll be 50 in a few days, most scrolls can be bought (though can be pricey) or easily farmed, and there are regular artifact groups going Peat and Aran are the ones to talk to atm about most of the organised ones iirc).

jochen

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to fix a char on hib/pryd but i found it very difficult when comparing to for example mid/pryd where i usually play. Scrolls and items are rarely found on cm and if they did much overpriced. I also tried to contact a few guilds but found they very hostile to new commers, even though i have about 3 years of experience in this game i gave up before i really got going. I would really want to try out hib on prydwen, but dont think it is allowed to switch accounts(allthough i dont really have anyone that i trust doing this) for a while according to the CoC. I have often though about it to do a switch to see how hib/pryd is doing and maybe also show someone how it is on mid to almost have no enemies to kill.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal, I think the problem is dedication - or the lack of it.

I have never really tried too much in pickup groups as that often doesn't work out very well. That meant in return that I didn't RvR too much. Recently though, I took part in starting a fixed group - and trust me, it took alot of effort for all involved. One thing is finding the correct people that had similiar mindsets to work together. A whole other aspect is actually getting the practice and feel for it.

That means dedication, it means having an agreement for common rules and an openess to work together. Trust me when I say that is all things that the currently big groups have been through (like NFD, Eclipse, AD etc).

My suggestion would be for you to try and do the same.

- Find a core group (bard, druid(s), warden). Make a group setup that fits your liking.
- Find the rest of the group, make sure everyone agrees on the playtimes and common guidelines for playing (being on time, warning if you can't make it so you can find replacements, etc).
- Practice, be ready to die alot. Be ready to go an entire night without a single victory.

And, in the end you will find your teamwork starts improving, you will find you learn ... and then the reward will come. You will win more often, you will get beaten less thouroughly by the old RvR groups ...and if this is what you like, it will be fun. :)

This is what dedication is about, and this is currently the only way I see out of the random pickup group boredom of people going afk, possible mid-fight, people giving up too fast and people simply not showing dedication.

Good luck with it, if this is what you want. :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Due to the lack of people, pick-up grps often get bad balanced.. grp leaders tend to invite anything to fill in spot simply because waiting for the needed classes just takes too much time. This way grps often get gimped and not very big chance surviving out there in RvR when you are up against high rr guild grps etc. I dont log after a failed run but really , when whole grp are killed in 15 seconds 3 runs in a row you kinda loose the spirit to play more. Had some nice fun today tho in Hadrian's :)

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
jochen said:
I tried to fix a char on hib/pryd but i found it very difficult when comparing to for example mid/pryd where i usually play. Scrolls and items are rarely found on cm and if they did much overpriced. I also tried to contact a few guilds but found they very hostile to new commers, even though i have about 3 years of experience in this game i gave up before i really got going. I would really want to try out hib on prydwen, but dont think it is allowed to switch accounts(allthough i dont really have anyone that i trust doing this) for a while according to the CoC. I have often though about it to do a switch to see how hib/pryd is doing and maybe also show someone how it is on mid to almost have no enemies to kill.

After playing years on Hib/pry i desidet to go Alb/exal for 6 weeks to try it out. I in that time made 1 lvl 50 necro ( for farming ) 1 lvl 50 Mincer ( for rvr) and a BB to each of em.

From the start it was clear the pressure and the stress was much higher there, than i was use to from Hib/pry. Ofc on reason is the amount of people there, but after having my encounter taken right in front of me, and seeing peeps in general was total idiots realy ( having fgs pulling my spot many times when i was lvling, just for the fun of spoil it for me, never got a rezz when died AMG with 100 albs around me ) i one day just had enogh, and went back " home:)"

U have no idea how nice it was to be back, with peeps /hug u and /w u and invite u to everyting, Such a big difference i couldent belive it.

So what i am trying to say is: if u played Mid for 3 years and u ofc knows a lot of peeps there, and if u a nice guy and all :

1: Are u sure realy wanna leave what u got after 3 years ? And if yes

2: Did u speak with any officers or Gms of any guilds, explainen ur situation ?
As i realy find it hard to belive any officer or GM on hib/pry would be " very hostile to newcommers " and if its true u been Extreamly unlucky to bumb in to 1 of the few idiots we ofc also have on Hib/pry.

3:we need more peeps here no doubt about it, so only be nice if u deside to join: the normal very friendly, Yber " underdogs of the server " :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
VidX said:
What Hib is severely lacking atm is decent Bards, Druids and Wardens, none of which really require any extreme TOA stuff done. Bards with Phoebus and CTR, Druids with +% healing and +% power, and Wardens with, well, ok, so Wardens usually need ml8 minimum now, but are still a viable class without.

So if anyone is thinking of popping over to Hib to take advantage of the 'underpopulated realm' status in NF, as Puppet says, a simple cash transfer to Mid/Alb Excal and then one to Hib Pryd, then get into Fin4, and you'll be 50 in a few days, most scrolls can be bought (though can be pricey) or easily farmed, and there are regular artifact groups going Peat and Aran are the ones to talk to atm about most of the organised ones iirc).

Can u go to Fin4 without having a 50 animist, FoP bot or chanter?

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
Can u go to Fin4 without having a 50 animist, FoP bot or chanter?

Not to mention that blased uber corrupted list I suppose there is as there is on hib/excal? Hib/Excal could easily mean 12++ hours waiting on the list, even tried 24+ hours just to have your name surpassed due to corrupt listholders who takes in guildies and friends instead of sticking to the actual list.. :(

No way a more casual player would get new lvl 50's fast if this is the case as well on hib/pryd.. :eek6:

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Other than that, Azathrim has some nice points there.. Established hib ppl shouldnt have too much a problem to get steady groups going, just need a little dedication.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Yes, I have to agree we need more people, no doubt about that.

But beeing part of a pick-up group can also be nice.
In hib/pry it's even hard to get gimped groups since allmost all lvl 50's gooing to rvr are suitable classes for a rvr-group.

I mean it aint hard to get:

Druid, druid, Bard, pbaoe, pbaoe, tank, tank, 2 spare classes. and ussualy that works.

------

Aye, on albion excalibur is allot more stress, people on Hib Prydwen actually have time for eachother :)
(go hibbies:D)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
time spent on rerolling doesnt matter if the outcome worths it, been there done that.

imo :-p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Dorin said:
time spent on rerolling doesnt matter if the outcome worths it, been there done that.

imo :-p
true, when I started DAoC I wanted to become a Caster, but due the fact that it was in campacorentin I started an briton Infiltrator (more closer to camelot).

Though, I've allways liked casting more so I started hib-prydwen (pre /level20)
So made a chanter :) and yeah i luv her:p

Though it cost me alooooooooooooooot of time to get it even to 24 though:p

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
If you really want to move try to find some people to move with a few weeks after NF is live (ofcourse you wanna try a char/realm you know first with NF).

Our pop is low, moving with a few people together will make lvling and getting the artifacts/scrolls alot easier. Also check out www.prydwen.net/forum this is the place where everything happening on hib/pryd gets posted.

Ideally move with a FG there are enough guides where to level fast with a fg on pryd.net outside of 4 fins

Yesterday's evening pop was:

1179 people on including anons

383 albs 339 mid 179 hibs

Belomar

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:
But beeing part of a pick-up group can also be nice.
In hib/pry it's even hard to get gimped groups since allmost all lvl 50's gooing to rvr are suitable classes for a rvr-group.
Then why did you post this thread in the first place? You start off by saying how hard it is to get a decent group, and now you are trying to redeem your realm by saying how easy it is to make a group. If pickup groups are so nice, why are you complaining?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
If you run random pick-up groups you have to set your expectations accordingly.

Typically:

1) A balanced group is rare. Most often you will be low on heals.

2) Some of the people (relatively few, but some) with you will not be familiar enough with their class or role to know what to do without being told.

3) Some of the people with you will not have picked up the key good habits of RvR, such as splitting, sticking and assisting.

4) You will die a lot against similar-sized or smaller forces. Gank groups will kill you with ease.

5) Some of the people with you will not be gracious losers. They will make inaccurate comments placing blame (often on healers or CC) and a few of them may just log after a loss.

Does this mean random groups are not fun? No. If you set your expectations low and try to enjoy the fight rather than needing to win, you can still have a laugh. Also, you can try to mitigate the shortcomings.

Try

1) With low heals your best hope is to take out a few of the enemy before you die. Get everyone assisting. Make sure everyone understands assisting knows how important assisting is.

2) Anyone who doesn't know their role needs guidance, but do not just lecture them. Politely suggest/request that they perform some specific action in the next fight and leave it at that. Let them take on board one thing at a time rather than giving them the impression "you know nothing, learn to play your char noob"

3) Make general comments BEFORE it becomes critical (ie on the pad or on the run to Emain) about key habits people need to remember. If you are in the group and already know these habits, don't get all defensive about these comments. Assume they are not directed at you.

4) Be aware that there are some fights you can't win and don't feel bad about losing them.

5) When someone makes a blame comment, say something like "It wasn't anyone's fault, we did pretty well considering numbers" or "We just got caught offguard, let's try again". If you are leading make it clear you are regrouping after the wipe instead of leaving a long silence during which people can decide to log.

Well, I know most of you already do all this stuff. And I realise even doing it there are downsides to playing as a random group. But not everyone can form fixed groups. Some people don't have the ability to know for sure they can play at certain times, and even if they did the distribution of classes would not support all of us in fixed, balanced groups.

Random groups can be fun.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tbrh if going Hib dont go Fin4. Centaur chiefs, especially at Creon are better than Fins. With an ani in combat or a pet you can perma trigger the centaurs to fight you or just leave a warden afk beating on creon with pbt up. Prolly get wiped a time or two so log a bot to rez.

No waiting and hell scrolls might drop you want or can sell.

Also the chief spawns drop a lot of good items, the thunder series etc.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Then why did you post this thread in the first place? You start off by saying how hard it is to get a decent group, and now you are trying to redeem your realm by saying how easy it is to make a group. If pickup groups are so nice, why are you complaining?
nononoo,

i said its hard to get a decent group but not due gimped classes, but due lack of people and when we have em, why they leave after 1 death orso... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom