Hib Rangers Are Pathetic

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
mithridatis :) said:
Just because some scouts camp towers doesnt mean i do that all the time. yes i do fight at tower cause i AM BOW SPEC!!! but never with di bots and other crap like that. I mostly run out solo or with a RL friend group looking for stealthers and most of the time i die at good fights :p

btw, i never whine about anything. i was laughting when i did /stats a ranger camping and he only got like 1k rps at 3 hours plaing when i had 10k rps at 2 hours. I realy enjoy my scout so give me a break

Yes with ur inf buttmuncher buddy, such skillz such fun ganking meh.. noob go away plsssssss.. The server alrdy too full of fucktard grps like that... you suck and get 0 respect from your opponents cuz you deserve none. Idiot! :twak:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts can't do anything but leech and add, it's a known fact.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
scouts are useless idiots who sit on top of their tower and get a hard on everytime they pwn someone who can't fight back. Even the nerds in school laugh at people who play scouts. (and warlocks! :D)

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
mithridatis :) said:
yes i do fight at tower cause i AM BOW SPEC!!!

Right... so you can camp towers because your bow specced. But a hib ranger can not? Yea okay, i think thats fair actually. As a ranger also has them melee style things to use if they venture out where as a scout just has slam :)

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
get a hard on everytime they pwn someone who can't fight back

You mean like Hib stun casters and bugged shroomers?

Yey! I flamed! I'm hip! :cheers:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Gazon said:

Yey! I flamed! I'm hip! :cheers:

Sozz, Hib stun casters outskill you. With stun though. Each time I get killed this way, I got outskilled. Then again it's not hard, I utterly suck.

Farming Jamiesmallicus and his duo partner is fun though, good arpess even for gimps like me. Yesterday when grouping with Mith/soloing I thought "If kill him 50 times more, I'll ding 6L3...". Cock boy galore...

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm... Dont like this attitude towards Scouts tbh guys!
All Archers are ment to shoot from range otherwise they wouldnt have a bow!
A scouts primary offencive is his bow! The game has towers and keeps in it so you can defend them and get the advantage from height!
I must admit i dont like tower camping and prefer to be on the ground at all times but some people have different play styles!
Some people also who have just made an Archer might be of low realm rank so if they go out solo, there most likely to get zerged or just plain and simple..there arse kicked by an Assasin.
All Archers at 1 time in there careeer have camped a tower keep etc.
As for DI bots on towers etc... i just think its amusng thats all. I just hang back and wait for my time to pic another enemy off.
Anyway, im off for 2 weeks so ill see ya in Clustering guys!
Have fun.
Regards Blitz.

pip

Banned
Blizard said:
Hmmm... Dont like this attitude towards Scouts tbh guys!
All Archers are ment to shoot from range otherwise they wouldnt have a bow!
A scouts primary offencive is his bow! The game has towers and keeps in it so you can defend them and get the advantage from height!
I must admit i dont like tower camping and prefer to be on the ground at all times but some people have different play styles!
Some people also who have just made an Archer might be of low realm rank so if they go out solo, there most likely to get zerged or just plain and simple..there arse kicked by an Assasin.
All Archers at 1 time in there careeer have camped a tower keep etc.
As for DI bots on towers etc... i just think its amusng thats all. I just hang back and wait for my time to pic another enemy off.
Anyway, im off for 2 weeks so ill see ya in Clustering guys!
Have fun.
Regards Blitz.
hf mate :cheers:

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Gazon said:

In a thread moaning about rangers why is this either relevant or interesting ?

All you are doing is suggesting people cannot say anything other than shroomers are bugged - damn have you peeps got it on a macro or something ?

The actual thread raises an interesting issue in that it is getting pretty hard to run solo as a stealther now because so many others run in duo's or even greater numbers. I make no realmist or classist remarks in that because each side has their own stealthers.

I wonder if those who do play stealthers prefer to be duo'd etc or would prefer to be able to run solo again ?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Belisar said:
Gazon said:

In a thread moaning about rangers why is this either relevant or interesting ?

All you are doing is suggesting people cannot say anything other than shroomers are bugged - damn have you peeps got it on a macro or something ?

The actual thread raises an interesting issue in that it is getting pretty hard to run solo as a stealther now because so many others run in duo's or even greater numbers. I make no realmist or classist remarks in that because each side has their own stealthers.

I wonder if those who do play stealthers prefer to be duo'd etc or would prefer to be able to run solo again ?

those who are more or less staunchly solo stealthers i think would love it if everyone was solo. Duo people would also love it if everyone was solo lol. :cheers:

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
QUOTE]

lol I tried running solo yesterday on scabs (champion), and oo look alb stealthers grouped to the hilt. Hib stealthers following me trying to get in on the action. Rangers scout hunters adding everywhere. TBH IMO stealthers are ruining the game.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
ian_heaps said:
lol I tried running solo yesterday on scabs (champion), and oo look alb stealthers grouped to the hilt. Hib stealthers following me trying to get in on the action. Rangers scout hunters adding everywhere. TBH IMO stealthers are ruining the game.

Nope PL, Buffbots and FGs killed the stealther game. When my nightshade became 50, there were perhaps around 8-10 stealthers in Emain Macha at best and a lot of solo/non-grouped players were running around... almost no one used a buffbot and so on. Now everyone that gets steamrolled a lot makes a stealther (archer prefered nowadays) to wtfpwn but simply runs in a bunch of other stealthers and complains about zerg. :p

Legionaire

Fledgling Freddie
ian_heaps said:
QUOTE]

I agree, yesterday there was the usual 2 infils mincer and a couple scouts adds,2 hunters and a sb and wait for it yes 3 or 4 rangers in mean groups.
I try to run solo when i can but i either get my arse handed to be by the above mentioned groups or find myself (as do the other rangers) surrounded by others

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
ian_heaps said:
QUOTE]

i couldnt even duel u....to many add there when u /bow banshee and ranger attacked me..... :wanker: i killed em but before i duel u they killed me :p
thx for not adding me m8:)

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
For me, the thing about scouts and to a lesser degree rangers, is the insane range they get on top of a tower and quite often untouchable up there. Just pick a target and fire completely safe from any attack.

The tower near beno bridge springs to mind, with scouts raining arrows down on the bridge and tower there (from one of the Beno towers) and what can you do? Die, move out of range (good luck!), get out of sight (good luck, LOS code lol).

The second most annoying thing for me, giving an archer a shield is a wicked idea. Make them immune from arrows, nice.

^^
Mith moaning about blockbots, well yes you are right that is annoying. But thats what every scout is.

That said, rangers are the devil too :)

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Hi.

I'll hold my hands up. I have a scout whose sc needs sorting but I dont play him solo outside of a keep. I rolled him for those keep defence times and haven't played him alot.

I'll be honest and say that if I was to play him I wouldn't solo. I dont have any Ml's, he's low rr and his sc is shot to bits. Most stealthers do pwn me when I'm not in a defence situation.

However, saying that I don't add on people (unless I shot them as they got pa'd, shot etc).

But we do have to be realistic. In a climate of stealthers grps, archers do need to earn rp's and not all 'leech' intentionally. Shooting from a tower or bridge makes sense as much like a caster, the damage is done from range.

However I do still think they blockbots and DI on BB is over powered but hey, if the game has the designs to do it, then players will.

So I empathise with those who hate archers but also see the world through their eyes too.

Imo avoid keeps/bridges if you want to avoid these classes :)

/bow

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I seem to recall a time after the introduction of bladeturn and a few stealthnerfs to bow fumbles etc that archers were a rare sight, and NOBODY in their right mind was rolling them...How times have changed.

Only time i get the urge to SCREAM at archers is when they break my mezzes or the sorcs root/mezz and dont kill the target.Then again ive had many overenthusiastic solo tanks/casters add on fights and do the same. I think the archers arent "worse" as such, theres just more of them at the moment so the odds of having one add is higher.

Give it six months or so i reckon over half of them will be inactive.

Oh and for gods sake either give minstrels access to MoS or remove our stealth and give us something in its place.I dont care which but do fucking something.Speccing out of stealth entirely post-cluster as at the moment its somewhere between worthless and poor for us.Off topic i know.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Holding my hand up here, I'll admit that I'm also rolling a scout...

Why?

Sometimes the grps I run with aren't about, sometimes I cba to play the reaver, sometimes some solo time seems like a good idea.

Also, I'm a believer that to be better than 'good' on any given alt, you need a decent, rounded knowledge of the game and classes you're likely to meet in the frontiers... Improving my solo & stealther knowledge can only be a good thing for my play style and my main.

As for towers, keeps etc...

Other classes hide below water surface, out of los behind ridges or trees. There's nothing wrong with utilising the terrain that gives you that little bit of advantage every now and again (within the rules ofc)... Towers, hills bridges play to the strengths of the ranged classes and they'd be stupid not to use them.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Minstrels get MoS? :p

Lets not be silly Evita, Minstrels already have one of the largest range of realm abilities available, where as the assasin classes have the smallest.

Guinnessrules

Loyal Freddie
omg, best QQ i've read ever. Tho i can't say it not true, but as i'm mostly solo and low rr i have to, to stand a chance to survive those atleast 2 scouts that always shoots at me. So i'm just as bad as u Mith, but i won't QQ about it when u does it. But atleast i can say i won't stand a chance against anyone of most of u as i wear rog armor and got no artis whats so ever. But as u keep coming to the tower i will keep shooting at u. :D

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
Holding my hand up here, I'll admit that I'm also rolling a scout...

Why?

Sometimes the grps I run with aren't about, sometimes I cba to play the reaver, sometimes some solo time seems like a good idea.

Ive rolled and have been levelling up a ranger for much the same reason. For me itll be that anytime character that i can drag out just for a bit of fun regardless as to what RVR is like in general. Currently the only char i RVR with is a bard - and i dont think it could out solo anything :)

//edit: but i doubt id ever resort to only ever playing it :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Zedenz said:
Minstrels get MoS? :p

Lets not be silly Evita, Minstrels already have one of the largest range of realm abilities available, where as the assasin classes have the smallest.
I really hope you were being sarcastic.
EVERY other stealth class but us gets access to it.
Old whine by me and not what the thread was about i know so lets not get into it here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom