Hi Middies :)

T

thegreatest

Made a char on excal/midgard, after getting owned at renaris/prydwen-albion by cave shammies decided to make myself one ;). I'm in need of a nice guild atm that is also active in rvr, so if there is a nice guild that want to invite this cute shammie feel free to message me in-game ;)

/cheer

S

Sortbane

Greets :D ah.. the fungus dungeonus casticus classus you've picked (cave shammy)... interesting choice.. humm. holland is the same place they speak dutch? :D try talking to some of the Bokkerijders.. think they're dutch or summat like that. ;)

/cheerios!

K

Kallio

I´m a shaman too but sure as hell I haven´t made the mistake of going full cave ;)

W

Wonk

Originally posted by Kallio
I´m a shaman too but sure as hell I haven´t made the mistake of going full cave ;)

I soloed a paladin in sauvage a few days ago ... and he wasn't afk :D

W

Wonk

Originally posted by Sortbane
just respec to aug and become my buffbot and voila, problem solved...

specc max shield and get SCed gear with +shield so you can be my blockabot :D

T

thegreatest

Bokkerijders dont recruit atm I'm afraid, still in need of a guild ;). I'm having troubles traveling from a point to other btw, dont know any town there so cant do my epics and stuff, dont know good places to hunt heck I even dont know where the SI portal is :(

A

akula

SI portal is in gotar near naliten/fort atla, pretty tidy place to hunt, crabs are vuln to crush hammer, and the pooks to bolts etc

M

mots

I soloed four hibs once just ae dot and sprint, repeat.

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by mots
I soloed four hibs once just ae dot and sprint, repeat.

Hmm I really cant chose wether to go 46 cave 25 aug rest mend (4?) or 41 cave 32 aug 13 mend...The second spec is more group friendly with at 32 aug of course the group end regen, but the last ae dot is of course too nice to give it away..And since I made a cave shammie to own albs/hibs at keep takes etc, think I need to go 46 cave, but I like playing in groups dont think I will solo with my cave shammie so its a hard choice..

M

mots

I will go 46 cave aug 22 mend 14 when I get hold of a respec stone, had cave 46, aug 26, mend 10 before.

Really fun if you can live with the single end 3.

F

fl3a

46 cave 23 aug 16 mend is teh win spec, mmkay

grp end is bad, mmkay
grp end will go away in 1.62, mmkay
i am good, mmkay
kiting pallies is good, mmkay (done that twice ^^)

oh, and u defiantely need at least 7 mend, mmkay

Z

zmurf

kiting solo target's is not only for cave shammy's since both disease and dot r baseline's...
wont tell u to go aug mend nor cave totally up to u
but DONT go for group end regen since it's GONE in 1.62 ... go for whatever u will find interesting in rvr ;) and gl with it we need shammy's in Mid !

N

Nichneven

Originally posted by Kallio

oh you must be one of those permanantly AFK shammies
:p

cave shammeh = fun!

H

horil

Full cave = useless

:puke:

I'd make grp friendly shaman, you can still spec some in cave.
And no Nich, Kallio isn't one of those afk shamans. He gotta rebuff every 10min. :p

N

Nichneven

full cave = gifv rps

sorry full cave is not useless. Make a full cave shammy and stick with it for a year like I have and then tell me how useless it is to your guild.

They are also good in groups as long as they have some heal/aug spec as well. Hello? Poison helps to kill things faster.... /nods

H

horil

Every good grp needs end regen 5 to use warriors as slam bots and for berserkers to spam the well known style, nothing to argue about that. ( And to sprint to enemy healers / casters )

Full cave is also useless in healing, you might be ok in keep defence, but if you realy wanna be uber in keep defence you better roll SM.

Regards,

N

Nichneven

i say just go with what u like. I like my char and u like aug/mend shammies, coolness as far as I'm concerned.

But u won't convince me that cave is useless. Aug is more of a problem imo - because buffs are (for the most part) at the heart of every whine on this forum. Without buffs we might not hear so much about "oh such and such uber sb kicked my ass at mmg because he was uber buffed" blah blah...

but since this is BW i'm sure ppl would find something to whine about instead :p

Buffs create an imbalance just as much as class preferance - aka Dark age of Stealthalot. If you're not buffed in the realms you might as well run around naked and /beg at every hib and alb that crosses your path.

The only reason why people like buffs so much is because we don't currently have ranged ones (which someone speculated in a previous post). Ofc we probably never will have ranged ones, just end regen that takes concentration points and disappears when the shammy dies - and it's a dead cert the shammy and not the pbt runie, will become everyone's new, most favorite target in RVR.

I've decided to respec to a little more aug - enough to get end regen 3. This will murder my mend spec but hey, I'm a crappy healer anyway - and I don't care! :eek: I would rather deal damage than repair damage.. and that's just my preference.

Buffs were designed (I hope) to be aids and tools. Like driving - they should be a priviledge and not a right. This game has made them a necessity for survival. I haven't seen a single person on this board make a comparative analysis on weapon styles without including buffs in the experiment - and not just any buffs but the BEST buffs - lvl 50 aug shammie/healer buffs. And if someone has done this, I'd love to see the findings - sans buffs.

I have my own mend/aug shaman in the making, and yes I have him tag around with my tanks for things like heals and buffs every now and then. The reason I made him was not to turn him into a bot but to see what it would like to have a completely different shaman spec without having to spend the money on respec stones. True it was difficult to group my cave shammy outside of my guild while I was leveling, but I don't feel any less useful in RVR than a support shammie. If I can get my new shaman to 50 and find that mend/aug is much better than my current cave spec I'll print this post and eat it. :p

xoxo

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by horil
Every good grp needs end regen 5 to use warriors as slam bots and for berserkers to spam the well known style, nothing to argue about that. ( And to sprint to enemy healers / casters )

Full cave is also useless in healing, you might be ok in keep defence, but if you realy wanna be uber in keep defence you better roll SM.

Regards,

I got a 3 way shammy with focus on aug for end regen, aus u say r so uber, and u r right about this, but calling cave useless make's u as ignorant as any other tosser, since we play this game for 1 thing(atleast i hope) to have fun, and if ppl find cave spec more fun than aug spec in any way it would be moronic to spec otherwise unless it's to test.
i myself tested 3 diff spec's before i desided on this and im glad i did cause then i can for a fact say i play the shammy spec of all I prefere

O

old.Rusfighter

Cave shammy - useless. Only viable spec 42aug 27cave rest mend.

N

Nichneven

Originally posted by zmurf
I got a 3 way shammy with focus on aug for end regen, aus u say r so uber, and u r right about this, but calling cave useless make's u as ignorant as any other tosser, since we play this game for 1 thing(atleast i hope) to have fun, and if ppl find cave spec more fun than aug spec in any way it would be moronic to spec otherwise unless it's to test.
i myself tested 3 diff spec's before i desided on this and im glad i did cause then i can for a fact say i play the shammy spec of all I prefere

amen, i luv u

H

horil

Originally posted by Nichneven
i say just go with what u like. I like my char and u like aug/mend shammies, coolness as far as I'm concerned.

But u won't convince me that cave is useless. Aug is more of a problem imo - because buffs are (for the most part) at the heart of every whine on this forum. Without buffs we might not hear so much about "oh such and such uber sb kicked my ass at mmg because he was uber buffed" blah blah...

but since this is BW i'm sure ppl would find something to whine about instead :p

Buffs create an imbalance just as much as class preferance - aka Dark age of Stealthalot. If you're not buffed in the realms you might as well run around naked and /beg at every hib and alb that crosses your path.

The only reason why people like buffs so much is because we don't currently have ranged ones (which someone speculated in a previous post). Ofc we probably never will have ranged ones, just end regen that takes concentration points and disappears when the shammy dies - and it's a dead cert the shammy and not the pbt runie, will become everyone's new, most favorite target in RVR.

I've decided to respec to a little more aug - enough to get end regen 3. This will murder my mend spec but hey, I'm a crappy healer anyway - and I don't care! :eek: I would rather deal damage than repair damage.. and that's just my preference.

Buffs were designed (I hope) to be aids and tools. Like driving - they should be a priviledge and not a right. This game has made them a necessity for survival. I haven't seen a single person on this board make a comparative analysis on weapon styles without including buffs in the experiment - and not just any buffs but the BEST buffs - lvl 50 aug shammie/healer buffs. And if someone has done this, I'd love to see the findings - sans buffs.

I have my own mend/aug shaman in the making, and yes I have him tag around with my tanks for things like heals and buffs every now and then. The reason I made him was not to turn him into a bot but to see what it would like to have a completely different shaman spec without having to spend the money on respec stones. True it was difficult to group my cave shammy outside of my guild while I was leveling, but I don't feel any less useful in RVR than a support shammie. If I can get my new shaman to 50 and find that mend/aug is much better than my current cave spec I'll print this post and eat it. :p

xoxo

I'm talking about group shaman, don't think there is much problems with the buffbot talking as long as it doesn't come to stealthers. It's way different thing. Good group deserves good buffs so they can fight out best they can etc.

Turning this to the stealther buffbot talk was useless, because the person who asked this at the first place would play shaman as grp / solo char not having a STEALTHER char.

Regards,

N

Nichneven

ok ok fine fine i'm sorry for my rant.

I'm having a difficult day :E

H

horil

Originally posted by zmurf

Yet again we all have knowledge what is fun for OURSELVES
And what I ment is full cave is useless in groups ( in my opinion ), and I believe , sorry, I know it isn't much help in for example your groups, and don't think you'd accept a single full cave shaman in your groups. Testing and finding the best spec is great thing, other thing is having it accepted.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by horil
Yet again we all have knowledge what is fun for OURSELVES
And what I ment is full cave is useless in groups ( in my opinion ), and I believe , sorry, I know it isn't much help in for example your groups, and don't think you'd accept a single full cave shaman in your groups. Testing and finding the best spec is great thing, other thing is having it accepted.
show's how little u know about "our group's" since we got a rr6++ cave shammy in NP who got all his rp in NP group's, but they r less welcome than aug shammy's ill admit ;)) but far from NOT welcome allways fun with a new aspect in group out of ordaniry, time to go home and make some foooooooood

Users who are viewing this thread