Hey guys, who remembers me?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, to anybody who does. Hi. Been a few years now, hasn't it. I've looked at a few pictures of the new expansions in the shops and heh, this is not your father's DAoC, is it? I've just finished my second year of University and am thinking about starting up DAoC for a month just to doss for a bit before I go off to America to travel from East to West coast, then go for an internship at the local newspaper.

Anyway. Tell me of DAoC nowadays - especially Scouts. Do pets still track you down and brutalise you in stealth? I will be sort of sad if they don't because I exp killed hundreds of Bonedancers and Spiritmasters by leading their pets into red cons that way.

Which is what the rat gobblers deserve, you see.

Anyway. Also I am also only up to Atlantis... this going to be overly crippling to play?

Cheers guys.

B

Benedictine

Crazy Fool! I remember you - though I haven't played daoc in about 18 months or so - dunno why Im here really :england:

tierk

Part of the furniture
Omgaad i never thought i would see the day :D Welcome back. Couldnt comment on the game myself as i have been out over 6 months.

Good luck though.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Haha hey mate :) Well in US scouts/hunters/rangers are pretty much top of the food chain atm... atleast u dont need to worry bout casters anymore!

Welcome backey

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
roooar i remember you from back in t'day ;d

how many expansions are there now ?

Perform

Fledgling Freddie
I play US if that counts!

I remember you bastard scout 2 shotting me!

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Heh, anybody remembers me who still plays? :)

I remember you from FH/BW if that counts :(

As for the stealth/pet thingy: Yes, I'm sorry to say they still track you down, BUT that is getting changed in an upcoming patch.

They have revamped the archer system though so you have fire shot, acid shot, cold shot and such instead of just the regular bow spamming :)

Those shots are just a few of what's there though, I don't play a scout so I don't know all the shots (perhaps some other can inform you).

As for expansions, I'd say that you should get Darkness Rising fairly fast (think Catacombs is free now) as the champion weapon is rather nice (champion levels which in the end gives you the weapon).

Try it out for a month, perhaps you'll enjoy it, but there's always a chance you won't, especially now that the server has lost so many players (at 500 players on both servers together now a days).

Oh, and the Excalibur/Prydwen servers are now Dyvet, clustered servers :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I remember you from FH/BW if that counts :(

As for the stealth/pet thingy: Yes, I'm sorry to say they still track you down, BUT that is getting changed in an upcoming patch.

They have revamped the archer system though so you have fire shot, acid shot, cold shot and such instead of just the regular bow spamming :)

Those shots are just a few of what's there though, I don't play a scout so I don't know all the shots (perhaps some other can inform you).

As for expansions, I'd say that you should get Darkness Rising fairly fast (think Catacombs is free now) as the champion weapon is rather nice (champion levels which in the end gives you the weapon).

Try it out for a month, perhaps you'll enjoy it, but there's always a chance you won't, especially now that the server has lost so many players (at 500 players on both servers together now a days).

Oh, and the Excalibur/Prydwen servers are now Dyvet, clustered servers :)

Really, so few people? Wow. Guess it is an old game nowadays. A DAoC 2 would be fantastic in my opinion, guess I will just move on to Warhammer Online. Can't stand WoW.

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Really, so few people? Wow. Guess it is an old game nowadays. A DAoC 2 would be fantastic in my opinion, guess I will just move on to Warhammer Online. Can't stand WoW.

Well, tbh you should try it out. Playing without any of the new expansions wont kill you. I don't anyways. :) DaoC is still great imo, conciderring the low population. You can still get 1on1, 2on2, mini group and fg action, on a daily base. And people seem to come back nowadays, and this is even in the middle of the summer. :) So tbh, DaoC aint entirely dead yet..

So to sum it up, play a month if you miss the gameplay. :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Think I can recall the name!

I would not recommend starting again, wouldn't want to ruin many years of fond memories of DAoC with it's present status.

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
i remember you from ripping my ment apart way more than once at AMG emain in OF i fink :) welcome back if you resub

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Try posting in the main General forum mate. Also the General Off Topic is where mot of the old Excal off topic people post.

I remember you but I do not play anymore either, it seems that the game has moved on an awful lot and I like many others are awaiting WAR.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I remember you :twak:

Good to see you're getting along ;)

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
OF course i remember you :) regularly saw you in rvr .. and you pulled the dragon on my first dragon raid :)

:ninja:

I still play Excal too ... tho mostly on US classic at the moment

Everz

FH is my second home
haha, thats an old name i remember seeing around

the game aint that bad currently, much more fun now toa is gonna be easier.

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
wow hi i remember you just was bored and thought i would see if anyone was about still :p no way i am coming back though :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yeah I remember that. Kept blocking and evading the dragon. Fucking loser, nothing on me.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
oi loxley :D

Wilddork/Draxa here, not playing atm but thinking of starting agian aswel :D

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
Okay, to anybody who does. Hi. Been a few years now, hasn't it. I've looked at a few pictures of the new expansions in the shops and heh, this is not your father's DAoC, is it? I've just finished my second year of University and am thinking about starting up DAoC for a month just to doss for a bit before I go off to America to travel from East to West coast, then go for an internship at the local newspaper.

Anyway. Tell me of DAoC nowadays - especially Scouts. Do pets still track you down and brutalise you in stealth? I will be sort of sad if they don't because I exp killed hundreds of Bonedancers and Spiritmasters by leading their pets into red cons that way.

Which is what the rat gobblers deserve, you see.

Anyway. Also I am also only up to Atlantis... this going to be overly crippling to play?

Cheers guys.

Are you the one who always ran away from me when you saw my fat troll comming for a 1vs1?

Are you the one who went always behind Midgard tp keep in Emain to do volley ?

Great ol' times, they are gone... Always enjoyed playing with my war alone in a stealth hunting around Emain. Only I did these runnings was for: meet good players like you to fight against.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
haha ace chat with forb too xDD

giv old emain back.

and nice to see u lox.

Flintlock

Banned
I remember you - my mate killed you fast - Thugs was his name. Come back and play the game by all means - Thugs don't play here no-more so you are safe - kinda.

Sorry one track mind - Thugs orientated!

elbeek

Part of the furniture
I remember you - my mate killed you fast - Thugs was his name. Come back and play the game by all means - Thugs don't play here no-more so you are safe - kinda.

Sorry one track mind - Thugs orientated!

Thugs you really are a fucking loser. If you are quick you maybe able to catch the number 47 bus...with your face.

LOL @ your chat with Forb Polly, those things bring back some great memories.

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
I remember you lox m8. We used to swap arrows back in the OF days at the milegates. You and Takhesis used to be my nemisis's.

If you come back on your scout you would love it. you block for fun and still kick ass with bow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom