V

VodkaFairy

purge

det3/4

pf

ip

mopain 2/3

aom2/3

->>> Since you're a hero I couldn't recommend to get pf as first RA, since you have slam to protect your support to start with the first 3 RR's. If you were a BM I'd recommend pf first since it's their only way of protecting anyone :p

S

StormriderX

Det 3
Purge
Aom2
Ip
Det 4

I'd recommend saving for ap after this since actives > passives, and ap will make a huge difference to the damage you eat from zerk/savage :x

R

Ravenbourne

tbh i find purge next to useless except getting rid of rez sic, i just burn it and get then get mezzed/rooted straight away. can be very handy in 1v1 fights though

A

Arnor

good finkin, never had a shield before so :eek:

pvrge
det3
ip
mob1

like you said, I have slam...but pf is so schweeet

A

Arnor

I use purge for 1 thing and one thing only, 9sec style stuns, and...2 2! things only, 9sec style stuns and emergencies. ;)

dont ya think i need some mob? well your prolly right if so, im so used to playing m000charge!!1!!!1 :rolleyes:

V

vintervargen

i have gone deter 4 -> aug dex 2 -> moblock 2 but im pure guardbot so.. moblock3 next, after that i might go purge/ip

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
tbh i find purge next to useless except getting rid of rez sic, i just burn it and get then get mezzed/rooted straight away. can be very handy in 1v1 fights though

Lol...

9s melee stun is what purge is for.

H

<Harle>

I think AP is a total waste on a tank. If you need AP that means the enemy is hitting you, which in turn means they are not hitting your support, so you can get healed and the fight is won. If your support is dead allready AP won't win the fight anyway.

O

old.Xanthian

Im 3L3 atm.
Got :
Purge
Aug Dex2
Aug Con1
Toughness1
MoParry1
MoPain1
MoBlock2
Det3

And now im saving for Prevent Flight.
And im S/S spec b4 ppl call me gimped for getting MoB2 :p

A

Arnor

a Q for teh xanth: how you like s/s? im thinking about it, but damnit I cant decide, my powergland wants me to go 50lw 50cs and dual wield a spear and a hammer, but my helpful-supportive gland wants me to do s/s, how do you like s/s and how much dmg you do on average you'd say? and what race are ye?

V

vintervargen

i think the ultimate spec will be 50 cs 50 shield after patch. dont see any disadvantages with it really.

i went s/s cause i wanted to see how it was, but overall, i think good guard combined with good frontload is the way to go.

:)

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Arnor
a Q for teh xanth: how you like s/s? im thinking about it, but damnit I cant decide, my powergland wants me to go 50lw 50cs and dual wield a spear and a hammer, but my helpful-supportive gland wants me to do s/s, how do you like s/s and how much dmg you do on average you'd say? and what race are ye?

just spam annilation..... :m00:

O

old.Icebreaker

Iam S/S Hero since beta and i like it :D

But if you want to deal alot damage too then go with 50 CS/LW 50 shield 6 blades 28 parry

Most of the time i stay back and guard/intercept/slam stuff for my weaker Groupmembers :cool:

And i like it, more work then just killing stuff at the front :p

O

old.Icebreaker

Oh and about the Damage with s/s. I do arround 250 damage on random enemy mage/healer classes. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Depends on their resists :D

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Ravenbourne

I find purge usefull for all sorts of things.

Sometimes im getting nuked and I notice someone has debuffed me.
Its great vs poisons and debuffs.
If you get rezzed mid battle then purge rocks.
Long duration CC when GP is down.
Long melee stunns.
Rooted / PF'ed.
Melee dots.

The only trouble I have with purge is resisting not blowing it when its up.

For 4 points a heros gotta be mad to miss out.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
Im 3L3 atm.
Got :
Purge
Aug Dex2
Aug Con1
Toughness1
MoParry1
MoPain1
MoBlock2
Det3

And now im saving for Prevent Flight.
And im S/S spec b4 ppl call me gimped for getting MoB2 :p

Had something similar while leveling. Got rid of Aug Con and toughness and was a lot happier. Those 2 points only give you about 100hps, and as hero I found the last thing I needed was more hitpoints.

B

boni_ofdavoid

5L3.

IP
Det 3
Purge
Master of Pain 2
AoM2
Master of Parry 2 <- probably ditch this, but parry is required for CS use imho, but if I was LW...

aiming to pickup PF around rr6L0. Not worth it before youve covered the basics I think, I did strongly consider getting it around rr5, but decieded I needed the RAS above first.

W

Wuren

Originally posted by <Harle>
I think AP is a total waste on a tank. If you need AP that means the enemy is hitting you, which in turn means they are not hitting your support, so you can get healed and the fight is won. If your support is dead allready AP won't win the fight anyway.

C

congin

5L9

det 4
FA 2
IP
purge
AoM 2
Aug dex 2
MoPain 2

and saving for PF, then i have all the RA's i think a Hero must have. Imo det should go up to lvl 4. it makes a big difference from lvl 3 but get IP and purge before you raise det for 3 to 4. AoM is a lovley RA that everyone should have and MoPain is nice when you want to do some extra damage. After considering wether i shall get AP of PF i've decided to save my points for PF. As you shouldn't be hit as a tank and you are easy to heal, AP is pretty useless. In every battle you are playing offensive you end up chasing enimy supporclasses which in mids cases can sprint how much they want, so PF is a very needed RA.

About spec:
Right now i think a hero should spec 50 LW/50 shield/1h weapon/parry. LW rather than CS because it does more damage and you can choose your damage type. 50 shield for high weaponskill with shield which makes it easier to hit when using slam, which is about the only thing a hero does nowdays as many groups are made of 3-4 pbaoe, 1-2 hero with slam to defend the mages + support classes.

Z

zyren

fa 2 Ip Det4 purge Aug Dex2 MoP3 is what u need first

O

old.Garax

At rr8L0 i have the following RA's as a hero

FA2
IP
Determination 4
AoM 3
MoPain 3
Aug Con 1
Toughness 1
Prevent Flight
(iirc)

TBH i'm pretty happy with the RA's i have, and next RA i'll save for is purge, as theres nothing else really that's worth gettin imo. Did have AP at one point, but i ditched it to get PF which i think is _TEH_ RA.

W

Wuren

Originally posted by congin
LW rather than CS because it does more damage and you can choose your damage type.

Yes you can use either Slash or Crush but where does it say LW do more damage?

E

elerand

Originally posted by StormriderX
Lol...

9s melee stun is what purge is for.

Personally I use it when a mage I'm after uses a QC mezz/root, not having them stop me untill their cold cold corpse is on the floor and I wipe the sweat from my brow :p

I avoid burning purge straight out, with DET3 and AOM 2 most mezz spells don't last very long...

C

congin

Originally posted by Wuren
Yes you can use either Slash or Crush but where does it say LW do more damage?

http://home.nc.rr.com/obsidianguard/wyrd/Hibernia.htm

Comparison of some styles:

Reactive styles:
Entrap (CS, after evade), +88% of base damage.
Tracking Spear (CS, after parry), +88% of the base damage.
Celtic Rage (LW, after parry), +90% of base damage.
Ultimate Recovery (LW, after target parries), N/A

Entrap is pretty useless as the chance for a hero to evade is very small, as the damage of Ultimate Recovery isn't written i can't comment it but it has a nice stun which is good in duels. Both of the 'after parry' chains have very good damage that is pretty equal though the last style in the LW chain have a whole of +98% of the base damage. Higher than any CS styles.

Anytime styles:
Eagle Talon (CS, high lvl anytime) +65% of base damage.
Forest Spear (CS, anytime, taunt) +59% of abse damage.
Domination (LW, high lvl anytime) +44% of base damage.
Celtic Fury (LW, anytime, taunt) +59% of base damage.

Ok, here CS is better but wait for positional styles ;)

Positional styles:
Hunters Boon (CS, from behind) +62% of base damage.
Dragon talon (CS, from side) +77% of base damage.
Frontal assault (LW, in front of) +69% of base damage.
Annihilation (LW, from behind), +88% of base damage.

Most of the time when you start beating someone they are mezzed, rooted, stunned by slam or all of these which makes good positional styles very important. The behind style is apart from the anytime slyes the most important style as all support classes with an IQ over 10 will try to get away when you hit them. Here LW styles are imo superior to CS ones. The CS 'from behind' style do 3% less extra damage than it's anytime style. LW have the infamous Annihilation as it's 'from behind' style with 88% extra damage which you only can achive with CS on second or third syles of chains or with reactive styles. And it have a long stun which is a very good bonus. CS hardest hitting positional style is Dragon Talon which is 'from side of target', which means you can only use it on stunned targets.

I recon seeing a webpage calculating the damage and you always do more damage using LW with right styles and the damage type that is neutral against the realm you are fighting, also seen it mentioned in a Hero TL some while ago but can't find any url's for it.

W

Wuren

Interesting reading indeed, Any clue if these numbers are released by mythic or just player "tested"? As I recall it I never hitted harder with Hawk's talon then I did with Tracking Spear.

And if you take into fact that support classes wear chain I think CS come out on top dmg wise but lets not get in to that as it has been discussed to many times.

Anyway, Styles LW > CS atm but hopefully the promised overlook on the meele spec lines will improve CS a bit.

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by Arnor

Its ok, the dmg is nice due to my 60 qui and 4.5spd hammer.
I wouldnt recommend blades for s/s the styles are pooh, blunt is best imo :) Unless your a luri, then Pierce.

I rolled the char for PvE mainly as my Eld is shit for PvE things, and Chanter is just a PL bot, if I was to make a Hero for RvR, id make a LW Firby.
She is pretty uber in PvE, can solo red cons no problem, 50+13 shield and MoB2 really helps ofc ;)

Oh yeah, im a Celt.

Example of my Dmg, on a lvl 50 RR5 Infil..

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Wuren
Interesting reading indeed, Any clue if these numbers are released by mythic or just player "tested"? As I recall it I never hitted harder with Hawk's talon then I did with Tracking Spear.

And if you take into fact that support classes wear chain I think CS come out on top dmg wise but lets not get in to that as it has been discussed to many times.

Anyway, Styles LW > CS atm but hopefully the promised overlook on the meele spec lines will improve CS a bit.

The site is correct, how congin used the numbers is not, i suggest he goes and reads the site before he assumes how the styles work.

What IS true however is that a higher number = more damage than lower number ;)

O

old.Zarko

Originally posted by congin
http://home.nc.rr.com/obsidianguard/wyrd/Hibernia.htm

Comparison of some styles:

Reactive styles:
Entrap (CS, after evade), +88% of base damage.
Tracking Spear (CS, after parry), +88% of the base damage.
Celtic Rage (LW, after parry), +90% of base damage.
Ultimate Recovery (LW, after target parries), N/A

Entrap is pretty useless as the chance for a hero to evade is very small, as the damage of Ultimate Recovery isn't written i can't comment it but it has a nice stun which is good in duels. Both of the 'after parry' chains have very good damage that is pretty equal though the last style in the LW chain have a whole of +98% of the base damage. Higher than any CS styles.

Anytime styles:
Eagle Talon (CS, high lvl anytime) +65% of base damage.
Forest Spear (CS, anytime, taunt) +59% of abse damage.
Domination (LW, high lvl anytime) +44% of base damage.
Celtic Fury (LW, anytime, taunt) +59% of base damage.

Ok, here CS is better but wait for positional styles ;)

Positional styles:
Hunters Boon (CS, from behind) +62% of base damage.
Dragon talon (CS, from side) +77% of base damage.
Frontal assault (LW, in front of) +69% of base damage.
Annihilation (LW, from behind), +88% of base damage.

Most of the time when you start beating someone they are mezzed, rooted, stunned by slam or all of these which makes good positional styles very important. The behind style is apart from the anytime slyes the most important style as all support classes with an IQ over 10 will try to get away when you hit them. Here LW styles are imo superior to CS ones. The CS 'from behind' style do 3% less extra damage than it's anytime style. LW have the infamous Annihilation as it's 'from behind' style with 88% extra damage which you only can achive with CS on second or third syles of chains or with reactive styles. And it have a long stun which is a very good bonus. CS hardest hitting positional style is Dragon Talon which is 'from side of target', which means you can only use it on stunned targets.

I recon seeing a webpage calculating the damage and you always do more damage using LW with right styles and the damage type that is neutral against the realm you are fighting, also seen it mentioned in a Hero TL some while ago but can't find any url's for it.

Where is Javelin in all this? its the follow up for the easy "from behind" move Hunter's Boon - and probably the 2nd hardest hit of all CS styles.

C

congin

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
The site is correct, how congin used the numbers is not, i suggest he goes and reads the site before he assumes how the styles work.

What IS true however is that a higher number = more damage than lower number ;)

uhm.. ok, reading a bit more carefully i was a little wrong yeah ;)

but it still proves my point anyway..

Originally posted by old.Zarko
Where is Javelin in all this? its the follow up for the easy "from behind" move Hunter's Boon - and probably the 2nd hardest hit of all CS styles.

Look are the spreadsheet in the url and you will see that Javelin have the numbers 0.89 and is the second style in behind chain. Compare that to Annihilation which have 0.88 and is a 'free' style, not tied to any chain. I would rather be LW there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom