Help!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i need somebody, not just anybody....

Enough of that

I got a little problem, i have a Pantone Huey (which is a colour configurator) on my PC

I forgot to disable it when attaching my HD tv which then went mad. The huey has totally messed up my settings, now a horrible blue/green colour

When i put the monitor back on the PC the colour is the same. I've deleted the huey and even the gfx card drivers and reinstalled but still the same horrible colour.

Does anyone know of anyway i can reset the colours back to factory settings? its not the monitor as i have attached it to my lappy and its fine. I've tried Pantone support but getting no replies from them at all.

Tried to manually go through gfx card setting but thats not doing anything at all. I really dont want to have to wipe my computer, such a long and painful thing to do

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have you tried removing the monitor itself from device manager?

leggy

Probably Scottish
I don't know much about the software but have you tried the following?:

Goto Start>Run and type msconfig and hit ok.

Click the 'startup' tab.

Does the software or a component of the software appear in the list? If so just uncheck and reboot. Try the same with the 'services' tab.

I take no responsibility for your pc dying if this doesn't work :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
mystic it doesnt seem to be the monitor itself tho i will try removing it

leggy i'll try that tonight too.

Its funny when i use the VGA cable to the HDtv that looks fine when i use the monitor cable thats when the colours are off

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's cool, It's just I've seen windows do some stupid things with monitor colour profiles before now.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i decided to put in my old gfx card and its worked.

Anyone know how i can reset my gfx card then? i've removed and reinstalled the drivers but thats not done anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom