Phones Help rooting

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910F). Unlocked and running 5.0.1

AP (used to be called PDA): N910FXXUBOC5
CP: N910FXXUBOC4
CSC: N910FTEN1BOD1

I just want it rooted. Everytime I try flashing through Odin it fails. Typically:

6pKceB.jpg

I've tried stock 5.0.1 firmware, tried CF autoRoot with CWM, I'm currently downloading stock 6.0.1 firmware, but I expect that to fail too.

Dumb question: if I flash said firmware, I'll get root, right? Not just an updated Android version unrooted?

I just want root. Don't care what Android version right now.

I read somewhere you only need to look at the AP/PDA not the CSC when chosing firmware. That right?

No Kies running, Samsung Drivers all functional, USB Debugging is enabled, Unknown Sources ticked, Reactivation Lock is unchecked. Tried 3 version of Odin, and every USB port on my laptop. Disabled virus protection and firewall. Removed SIM card and phone cover. Zip. Nothing.

I don't know why its not flashing. Do I have a borked NAND chip? How would I know its borked? Is there something I should be doing I've not thought of? Is there a different way to root?

Was up until 3am this morning and if I can't root the thing I'm going back to my SGS2. Can't have an unrooted phone.

Appreciate any help

Last edited:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
(None of the rooting guides say perform a factory reset, so I haven't. Phone was not brand brand new. Mint condition, fairly cheap, almost certainly reconditioned)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Are you in download mode when you're trying to do it? If not, turn it off, hold down volume down, the power button and the home button until it boots into the download mode and then plug the USB cable in again and try flashing through Odin.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Going to ask on XDA, then if no joy, I'll have to give up trying to root it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup, XDA is probably the best place on t'inter to ask. If you're a reddit user there's a subreddit dedicated to the Note 4, might be worth an ask there as well.

Also, search the sub for "root" and you get results like this...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Managed to get temporary root using Kingroot but it's very unstable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom