Help Please

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
Currently speeced 30 Thrust 30Stealth 50 Insturment Saracen RR6l2 minstrel
Thinkin with this Mastery of stealth archers and assasins get i should lose my stealth and go 50 Isturment 44 Thrust.
Advantage to this my weapon skill goes up and I make a new template with only +11 thrust and none needed for stealth....
Disadvantages cant hide from Fgs or climb keep walls ....
HELP plz :D whats best :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Scout is lamer than mincer x< Roll an armsman!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Straef said:
Scout is lamer than mincer x< Roll an armsman!

Been down the road of both scout and armsman, merc or infil is the way to go! :D

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
still had no help hehe >< what you guys think would be best...
Will a mincer with more dmg output be wanted in full groups ...
44Thrust could hurt alot especially since most enemies in group have chain :D

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
That is a question I don't want to answer for anyone else. Try tro play like you are now. And if it isn't ok, go for the new way.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
tbh i'd stick with the stealth, when i played a slash minnie i didnt notice that much of a dmg increase from switching to the 44slash spec.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Been down the road of both scout and armsman, merc or infil is the way to go! :D
Oh yeah merc rox, shame there isn't really a demand for em atm :rolleyes:

tsaxpinoula

Fledgling Freddie
hehe:p

the answer is simple and it depends from what you wanna do (2 options or 3 maybe)

1:play as stealther and only as stealther---> you must have stealth ofc :flame:
2:play as stealther but play in normal grps too--->train your stealth skill as much as you can hide from normal ppl (other stealthers will see you either way cause of MoS)
3:play only in grps---->stealth? what is that? i would like some icecream instead

ofc for opotions 1+2 you will be visible from enemy stealthers so your life will not be easy

GL (yeah i dont speak v good english byt you can understand what i am talking about)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
screw stealth, when i wanted a mincer, i wanted it to be 44 thrust 50 instruments (but ofc i couldn't be assed to pl one ;<)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The difference in damage output between 30 and 44 in your chosen weapon is really very small on a Minstrel due to being on the rouge weaponskill table. You do gain perhaps 20% more damage by going 44 weapon but then you lose the utilty of having stealth in different situations, I would consider losing safe fall as a major loss considering the amount of keep warfare in NF and the amount of times that safe fall will save you.

Kahvi

Loyal Freddie
Mini

To be a mincer in rvr you need good playing skills/as all other classes, when you have em people will notice you and you will get good stealther or random fg:s

But, if you want to be a very good mincer you have to choose to be a stealther/solo or a group mincer

If group mincer, drop the stealth and raise slash/thrust maybe you can also drop instruments but i wouldnt do it for the world. Buy Ra:s that gives the group as much as possibly, like high in Ameliorating Melodies and SoS. Ofc you want to stay alive so put points in Aug con, thoughness and maybe Aug dex for faster demezz

If a solo or stealther i would go 25 or 30 stealth dont think it matter much cause other stealthers will see you anyway. Same here as said over, you can also drop instruments to get higher in slash/thrust but i wouldnt. Buy Ra:s wich are good for you as a solo or in small stealther groups, like Aug str,con , IP, thoughness

Theres millions of ways to do this and i did it this way:
Spec is 50 inst, 31slash 30 stealth
Ra:s SoS 2 , purge 1, Melodies 2, Aug con, Thoughness and Ip 2

I got 2-3 parts in my sc which i change when i play in group and when im solo/stealther group. Parts whit bonus cap in quick/str when stealther and other parts whit bonus cap in dex, for faster demezz

This way i can be ok as solo/stealther groups and ok in fg

Bahumat

FH is my second home
how about cyclops shield it has stealth lore afaik also your flute have as much stealth as possible crammed on cause when you mezz you usually do it from stealth......that way you could go higher in thrust and also reap the benefits from stealth

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
If you haven't autotrained Instruments you can't go 50/44 btw. ;o

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
If you want the high damage output go- 50 slash 44 Song :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Oh yeah merc rox, shame there isn't really a demand for em atm :rolleyes:

ml10 banelord merc>all classes.

more vital to a grp than anything else

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
ml10 banelord merc > all classes.

Banelord Champ > Merc tbh ;<<<

Or tbh with Det Nerf and 5 min Purge + RA like ST, TWF and Icor of the deep Hybrid tanks have alot more to offer than Light-Heavy tanks now

carp

One of Freddy's beloved
Stick as current spec as ml9 sojourner your more than capable of dealing with archers that pop you with mos. Alternativly you could spec 44inst 42 thrust 25stealth but you miss ablative and higher dd. Dont forget while phase shifted you can still mezz archers that are shooting at you as long as your not being meleed/nuked.

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
Thank for Great Advice guys.
Gonna stay 50 insturment 30 thrust 30 stealth.
got IP2, purge 2 ,aug dex 2 ,aug con 2, toughness 1
and 8 points spare..

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
ml10 banelord merc>all classes.

A Banelord reaver would be just as effective(if not more), but you basicly need a banelord in the group tbh :p

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
H1 d3r m8s,

3xus3 mY r1t1nG 1m @dD1c3T3d 2 PC g4m3Z!

Nah :p

Imo have as much stealth as you can, fuck damage ur a minstrel thats hard 2 kill but u can charm pets and the rest, you can have like 22 sec stuns with bonuses, will have about 4 dd's by then and extra damage tis not needed my young person dude from starwars. Anyway I dont play daoc anymore so ive prob missed out on something new...

Little help from,
Gimp
XxXX
Love you!

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Your rr6, so I wouldnt ever bother with Slash/Thrust over 35, any more than that and your only increasing style damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom