Help, newbie at Linux

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
*too bad vmware is so bloody expensive :(
..... ya know its been a long while since I saw you on IRC dudeh, cos I missed you that other time you was in #allnighter

You should pop along sometime :)

L

lecter

From a corporate perspective the outlook, exchange and active directory functionality/interoperability is vital to many companies. The reason for this is the thick as pigshit sales/hr/managers that cannot use anything else.

I wanted to migrate to a more linux/unix based system, saving the company THOUSANDS, but was told politely to 'fuck off' by the ceo. The sw license got paid, the company went bust a while later. Hoho.

D

dysfunction

I installed Linux Redhat 6.2 on my PC. I didnt have a spare HD so I had it as a dual boot with Windows 2000.

It ran very very slowly. Is there a way of speeding it up?

T

Testin da Cable

RH6.2 is a pretty old version of redhat mate. firstly, you could try upgrading that. you could also try recompiling yourself a new kernel. failing all that you could try starting linux without the acpi_idle finction, in your bootmanagers prompt. iirc it's something like linux acpi-no-idle or words to that effect.
You'll prolly find out more by googling 'acpi linux no-idle' or a more apt word combo ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom