Help me please!

-=[U.D]=- Raverbaby

Fledgling Freddie
damn this is annoying me, just built my first system up a few minutes ago and got it up and running...... the problem is everytime i try downloading any files or anything, it comes on screen with an automatic shutdown warning about the RPC does anybody know what it is, why the hell its doing it and how i stop it!?

Dubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Blaster worm I think. It's taking advantage of the RPC vulnerability. Go onto M$ or symantec.com websites for cure and cleanup. I'd advise making sure you have a decent firewall on you machine or router in future as they stop it from happening in the first place (when configured properly of course :) )

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
-=[U.D]=- Raverbaby said:
damn this is annoying me, just built my first system up a few minutes ago and got it up and running...... the problem is everytime i try downloading any files or anything, it comes on screen with an automatic shutdown warning about the RPC does anybody know what it is, why the hell its doing it and how i stop it!?

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp

And

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

That should cure it.

-=[U.D]=- Raverbaby

Fledgling Freddie
aye thats what it was, i knew nothing bout it, jus built the comp up from scratch, went online and got nailed by the fucker

Clown

Part of the furniture
Yeh, when I completely stripped my other computer and put it on the network, it had that blaster virus straight away :(

At least I knew how to fix it, and what it was (there was a massive scare a few months earlier)

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I'm always behind a router and a firewall so ive never even seen what the popup looks like. Even when i went online to redownloaed the firewall after a reformat :p

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
I really dont see the point in dual booting. I couldn't be bothered to reboot just to play a game. Windows isn't as bad as people make out anyway.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Please just delete your post otherwise you'll have two pages of *nix zealots ranting to you about how much easier it is to command line everything.

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
TheJkWhoSaysNi said:
I really dont see the point in dual booting. I couldn't be bothered to reboot just to play a game. Windows isn't as bad as people make out anyway.
as much as i hate to admit it, he does have a point...

most people dislike micorsoft for its monopolising ways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom