help, crashing system after patch (ATI cards)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
wtf is wrong whit other ati cards??? allways ppl have problems.... my sapphire x800pro has never coused eny problems (as far as i know)

kee-

Fledgling Freddie
I had these problems in US when DR came out, tried all the solutions given here but none worked, then read one of the reasons it crashes was the horses, you can change models from DR to classic in char login screen - fixed it for me.
Same happened on eu release, was running fine for a few days then port to cruachon (where alot of ppl are obv on horses) and I'd crash. Changed models to classic straight away and it's fine now.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I'll try speak with someone at ATi via work when I'm next in, my test system flies through it though with a 9800 pro

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Just a quick q, would a hard drive having bad blocks cause a crash in games?

reason I ask is after "fixing" my problem with my mobo not liking all slots populated with different size sticks, I still crash (especially in rvr even on toa client) except its not the same ie vpu recovers from it whereas the infinate loop error would lock the system up

anyway after doing some tests (stress tesing cpu benchmarking gpu and testing hard disk) the only thing failing is the hard drive with around eleven bad blocks at the start of the drive smart is saying one hundred blocks have been replaced am replacing the drive next week but would just like to know if this could be the culpret?

O

Old.Fanta

well, im running with a nvdia 6600 LE 256mb and i have the same problems .. :(

Feamos

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeke said:
Just a quick q, would a hard drive having bad blocks cause a crash in games?

reason I ask is after "fixing" my problem with my mobo not liking all slots populated with different size sticks, I still crash (especially in rvr even on toa client) except its not the same ie vpu recovers from it whereas the infinate loop error would lock the system up

anyway after doing some tests (stress tesing cpu benchmarking gpu and testing hard disk) the only thing failing is the hard drive with around eleven bad blocks at the start of the drive smart is saying one hundred blocks have been replaced am replacing the drive next week but would just like to know if this could be the culpret?

i am having the same problem m8 the game works fine with 2 sticks of memory in but as soon as i put 4 sticks in it crashes on the Darkness rising backgroungd where it says connecting to server. have all drivers updated and bios fully up to date i have sent a message to motherboard company and one to GOA also i will just have to w8 and see what they say

Feamos

One of Freddy's beloved
also i dont have an ATI card i have 2 geforce 6600 512mb using SLI

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Report back from GOA.......So far alls good.

Hope this helps

Discussion Thread
Response (CS) 02/21/2006 05:53 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your report, we advise you to go to the 'properties' page of the network card. Start Menu -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. In that window, go to Network Adapters and then click on the + sign then right click on the network card itself and choose 'properties'. Look for an option which will be called either 'Hardware Checksumming' or 'Checksum Offload' and disable it. Click on OK and then close all the other windows and the problem should be solved.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
to stop the system rebootin

Win XP and Win 2000 have a default setting to restart at just about any error. It makes things difficult to analyze when it blows through and restarts the computer. Settings / Control Panel / System / Advanced / Startup and Recovery / Settings. Make sure the box is UNCHECKED where it says "Automatically Restart" under System Failure."

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Technodave said:
Win XP and Win 2000 have a default setting to restart at just about any error. It makes things difficult to analyze when it blows through and restarts the computer. Settings / Control Panel / System / Advanced / Startup and Recovery / Settings. Make sure the box is UNCHECKED where it says "Automatically Restart" under System Failure."

Not just about any error but yeah it will restart upon errors that the user can do fuck all about.

XP is kinda good at supressing errors though, try checking your system error logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom