help, crashing system after patch (ATI cards)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
keep crashing in DAOC (total system crashes) after the patch

anyone have some tips?

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone answer this question save me writing exactly the same question please?

Im about to throw a wobbly and the pc out of the window

many thanks :cheers:

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
By total system crash do you mean the whole system freezes and the only thing you can do is reboot?

Also, have you tested this running non-DR clients aswell? i.e clients that you know worked fine on your pc previously?

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
with reference to mine it either completely freezes pc and have to reboot it or it just shuts down....cpu temp is fine...........catas still runs perfectly

we've updated vid card drivers removed shed loads of unwanted stuff from d drive/whole computer and done a whole complete reinstall.....it was playing ok (i.e. not ld'ing after 10 seconds) for about 20 minutes then it just died again

I just want a unicorn :( poor me:fluffle:

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Taken From Flims Sticky About This........I had all the same probs since patch random crashes, game crashing to d/t, PC switching off when zoning etc.......I updated the network card drivers and it now works fine

How to upgrade your network card drivers on Windows XP:

Classic start menu

start->settings->network connections

find your "local area network connection", right click it and select properties.

A window should popup.

XP start menu

start->connect to->show all connections

right click "local area connection" and properties.

A window should popup.

for both

Click configure.

Click the "drivers" tab

Click "Upgrade driver".

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
Done all above....every driver updated...........still crashing to blue screen

Thrown pc out of window now sat in the rain typing this.....and I forgot me brolly................

Has to be a fault with DR as Catas runs fine

ah well :mad:

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
What error does the blue screen report?

Having a problem with mine atm mainly based around dr client in jordheim :/
getting an infinate loop error on one of my gfx card dll's

searched around on the net and theres seemingly 1million and one different supposed certain fix's so far none have worked :p

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
It reports a driver problem............but we've updated drivers (all drivers as it doesnt actually tell you which one) we've also tried backdating drivers............the problem still persists

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
logged in zoned to NF.......all looked good.........ported started to come out of keep and eh walah.......................bloody things frozen on me again so sat staring at me screen again on other pc /cry

Of all the add ons this was the one I was looking forward to.............love questing (yes I'm sad) and I cant even play it

giv meh :fluffle:

back to bed it is then nini!

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
Ive tried 2000 and xp still no difference

Just rebooted other pc and it says the system has recovered from serious error :eek7: must stop kicking it.........please dont report me to the NSPCC(omputers)

;) Sleep..........must sleep

Oh underneath that report

Computer restarted after an unexpected shutdown.............The driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing operation................The display driver for RADEON 9000 series seems to be responsible for the system instability \o/ wat joy!!!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Gah nerf that u cant edit...
ofc u have to uninstall the ATI drives :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
a lot of people with ATI cards have problems - if anyone gets something that works would be interested to hear :)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I'll patch to DR with my eu installs of the game and see how it runs. If i can recreate the problem i can resolve it I'm sure. However i doubt my new rig will have any problems. Was running US DR at 1600 x 1200 with full detail on including anti aliasing and it ran smooth as anything, even in Jord.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I'll consider setting up my 3rd system with my old 9800 pro card and see how it goes. Can people who have had problems thus far detail them in a fresh post along with what you've tried?

mettrik

Fledgling Freddie
cheers Fing trying now, this has been driving me mad for days :cheers:

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Seems I've fixed my problem, not sure if it will help anyone else.

Basically my new motherboard didnt like having all the dimm slots filled removed 1 stick and now runs fine albeit with less RAM :(

Weird that it only affected DR client and later on found I could recreate the problem in 3dmark 05 but all other clients and my other games worked without a problem :/

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Yeke said:
Seems I've fixed my problem, not sure if it will help anyone else.

Basically my new motherboard didnt like having all the dimm slots filled removed 1 stick and now runs fine albeit with less RAM :(

Weird that it only affected DR client and later on found I could recreate the problem in 3dmark 05 but all other clients and my other games worked without a problem :/

Not think that could be a faulty stick of memory? Put it back in and run memtest maybe.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
guildie that had freezing problems used 5.2 drivers and everything works fine now :) so try 5.2 if you're having issues

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Not think that could be a faulty stick of memory? Put it back in and run memtest maybe.

ran memtest overnight first thing I did when I got this problem, no errors.

played most of tonight had one crash which vpu recovered from was in jordheim again, suspect this wasnt the same error though as it would always lock up and not recover then reboot.

5.2 drivers actually made this worse for me locked up in the first test in 3dmark05 and performance took a large hit.

edit* on saying that I tried this before removing the stick of ram, mght give them another try tommorow along with the 6.2

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
I had problems with crashes in Camelot before. But changed AGP speed to 4x (from 8x) and turned off Fast Write. Havent had any problems since. Havent tested which of the two that helped or if it was the combo.
I dont dare to alter anything that works. :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
personally allso have some problems whit ATI card, mainly in jordheim.
if stay in jordheim some time, usually kick me quite fast out of game.

game is using virtual memory like crazy, after changed virtual memory to 0, kicked me out from game because virtual memory too low etc etc :) (tested in jordheim, run around city)
changed back to 2mb, working little better in jordheim, didnt have so much problems in other areas.
1 gig memory btw.
before DR patch 0 problem whit this game, and was even joking how stabile my pc was in this game, allso connection usually great.

have bott account whit GF4400 TI, working like dream! in jordheim, every place.
installing now 6.2 cat drivers, lets see if change.

E

Eogh

Same prob here, virtual memory usage in/near towns until the OS runs out of swapspace, 0.5-1 fps at times.
Uninstalled my current ATI drivers and installed the ones mentioned on the Herald and things work like a charm again :)

X

xGenocidex

official ATI drivers didn't do a thing for me gonna give the omegas a go

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom