Hello old friend :D

B

Bellona

Hello old friends :D

Just wanted to pop by and tell you how wonderful Final Fantasy XI is :D

Ive made a little site with screenshots so you can see what i have seen :cool:

http://www.disorder.dk/ffxi/

Another thing... if you like a little more challenge, and ore dept in a mmorpg.. ffxi really is the right choice, its graphics, spell effects and animations is way better and less trivial than daocs, you dont see one dungeon after another that have just been copy/pasted etc.. very few bugs, if any ^^

have fun.. and bye bye :D

R

ReaLX

looks like u dont have dyes there ? :p

other than that, it's looking pretty nice, what's the official site? and are there european servers?

B

Bellona

daoc is a shoot'em up game compared to ffxi, so if your just the slightest tired of daoc... try this out.

I dont think it will dissappoint you, unless your the l33t k1d in t0wn

official site: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/

there are only japanese servers, but people refusing to play with japanese, just because they are japanese,, well fo, cause they are really nice and are willing to help

lag aint a problem tho servers are in japan

B

Bellona

pvp expansion will come in january, so if you sign up now, you will have a chance to get a decent lvl char before its introduced :D

afaik its a downloadable free expansion.

W

Whisperess

Looks very nice :)

Might try it out - daoc is getting a 'bit' repetetive ;)

Btw: PvP is described on the official website like "the addition of conquest-related player vs. player battles (not PK)"

B

Bellona

If you want to buy the game...

NEVER USE importmadness.com

its a cheater company, havent got my copy yet, and they gotten my money :(

but use www.gamestop.com they ship within 24 hours, and you have it from us in like 2-3 days, real good tracking service etc.

W

Whisperess

How's the sub-class system working out then?

I have what is generally referred to as alt-mania ( play too many chars ) - and not really interested in paying an extra dollar per month for each char :)

B

Bellona

no need to worry about that, you will not need more than 2 chars, to be able to make all the jobs in the game, since you can get lvl 70 in any job, on the same character, warrior wont be as good on a caster race tho :D

sub job: it can be highest 50% of you mainjob, you train your subjob by having it as mainjob and lvl like normal, you wont recieve the subs 2 hour special, but all other active/passive skills up to lvl 35 sub, if ur main is 70

missions/quests counts for same char
you can get points in all weapon skills and all tradeskills, just a matter of devotion and vallet size :D

but since you use the same char, vault space is limited to hold items for multiply jobs...

W

Whisperess

Sounds good :)

Might cancel one of my accounts and give FFXIO a try :)

W

Whisperess

Watching the live video feed now.

Sweet jesus it's gorgeous!

*ordering*

O

old.Filip

i play for pvp .. and i wont play a game which is not especially made for pvp.. which it dont sound like to me ...

BUT .. there for it can still be a very good MMORPG .. just like EQ etc

(EQ pvp suxed big time as well)

K

Khalen

Btw how is combat? is it like the other FF games, so turn based in some way but with timers?
Any crafting skills? (saw some fishing job or something).
Amount of people ok? (plenty to talk to or team with)

I have to say it looks nice and looks big too.

J

Jiggs

crafting is immense: from fishing and cooking right to making giant swords! =)

combat is real-time but alot more fiddly than daoc, its quite hard to get used to at first but after 1 week or so its alot of fun (pretty similar to when starting daoc!)

O

old.CrazyMuppet

If PvP comes in an expansion (payed exp pack?) it's bound to have PvP-PvE balance issues and overall PvP balance issues.

If i join a next MMORPG it will be either from early beta or when it has matured. FFXI looks nice, but it's a long way from being mature.

B

Bellona

long way from being mature..... think not

its been out in japan for 1½ years

O

old.LandShark

Haha, PvP-less MMORPG.
Whoa, wait, do I get to go item-hunting?

Meh, I'll look again when the PvP expansion comes out.

B

Bellona

now... if you read the entires replies... you would see i've written: pvp coming in january, and since its not like daoc hey-ho reroll lvl 20 and pl it to 50 style, it takes time to make a high lvl char, so therefor, it aint bad its first coming in january

O

old.Downanael

Originally posted by Bellona
now... if you read the entires replies... you would see i've written: pvp coming in january, and since its not like daoc hey-ho reroll lvl 20 and pl it to 50 style, it takes time to make a high lvl char, so therefor, it aint bad its first coming in january

Where you got US address from,do it have to be real addres or can you make it up aslong postal number is right?

F

fed007

i have no idea about this game :)

i have played ff6/7/8/9/10 on Ps/PS2 and this ff11 looks ace...only problem is i read that its in japan, and therefore dont know if i can get it or not...and what r the computer requirements etc :D

Help :p

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by Bellona
read the replies, concluded that a game not born with pvp will have a lot of balancing issues etc. for a long time.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
read the replies, concluded that a game not born with pvp will have a lot of balancing issues etc. for a long time.
A lot of people are using the viewpoint that any PvP will be like it is in Daoc. Same goes for PvE etc.

Try to let go of the entire RvR/PvE that is daoc when discussing FFXI - they are completely different from eachother and there can be no comparison.

W

Whisperess

To explain my last post a bit more:

Whereas FFXI is a RPG in the true sence of MMORPG - Daoc is a RTS/FPS game in comparison.

K

Kagato.

Might take a look at the game.

by the way your old Avatar was much better Whisper.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Kagato.
Might take a look at the game.

by the way your old Avatar was much better Whisper.

tbh the new 1 looks like a 5yo with sumthing wrong with him :x

Users who are viewing this thread