Helicopter Attack

Gray

FH is my second home
Just got this little clip from someone. It shows what seems to be an American Chopper shooting down 3 "enemies".

Chopper

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Footage of war/death in an operation?

And everyone gets all "upset" and sets the soapbox up. To be perfectly honest i don't think we can make ANY judegement based on some footage like that. The background information? What gray descibes as "enemies"?

Sorry but it's getting stupid now.

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
that clip meant little or nothing to me. When you shoot at someone, arn't they meant to fall down?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Meatballs said:
that clip meant little or nothing to me. When you shoot at someone, arn't they meant to fall down?

Exactly meatballs. Taking footage of a war zone and then getting uppity about it serves no purpose.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
I think its probably because they didnt really fall down , rather they ripped into pieces and splattered over the road :/

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
I think theyre concerned that the targets appear to be unarmed and not overtly the enemy/a threat.

However you cant really come to any conclusions about who theyre shooting at. Maybe they just saw the targets murder a bunch of civilians and followed them? Maybe they were in military gear but we cant tell because its set to heat display?

It would be silly to jump to the conclusion that the americans are out there sniping civilians from a chopper...AND that they'd set the computer systems to "record" the war crime (it says RECORDING at the bottom).

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Theres also the fact that the structure on the left looks like an aa gun. Hence a threat.

Edit: before i get flamed by anyone, its only in my opinion that thats what it looks like. It could be something else.

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
If you presume the thing sticking out the top is the barrel or whatever of the AA gun, the fact it shows up bright white would suggest its been fired recently? Perhaps against allied aircraft?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
how do you know its a tractor

They call it a truck. And it has 2 big wheels and a spout/exhuast thingy.
AA guns won't look like that. But that is beside the point, even showing footage like this is kinda twisted ;/ whatever motives are behind it (Yank bashing/anti-war) whatever.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
As has already been said, we dont have a clue where that is, who those people are or what they are doing. So to speculate on the actions of the helicopter pilots and the American way of doing stuff would be silly.

Yes, its not a nice movie, yes they did go splat - but then, an Apache (guess at what type of 'chopper it is) isn't meant to tickle you when you get hit by the main gun. It's made for war and killing.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
and the purpose of giving us a link to real people dying is............

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I presume its to incite some anti-american arguments or anti-war discussion. Pointless imo.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Cdr said:
I presume its to incite some anti-american arguments or anti-war discussion. Pointless imo.

Well why do we need to watch footage like that to start a debate on the americans and war.........

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Yoni said:
Well why do we need to watch footage like that to start a debate on the americans and war.........

I think his point is, we don't.

He was just guessing (like i was) at why gray posted it.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
People died in that video?

Did i miss something? oO

re-edited to remove more idiot type editing oO

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I perosnally didnt find anything disturbing, you see a lot worse on a news channel.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
They could have had anything inside that big lorry, they could have been soldiers, etc.

It's not particularly easy to tell with the heat vision.

Daf

Fledgling Freddie
DMW, i think the truck they refer to is over to the right of the frame, as the camera then swings over to it and commences to fire on it.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
If you watch it in full screen mode it would appear that the 2nd guy to get hammered is waving a white makeshift flag when it happens. And the third guy appears to be missing part of his arm when hes flailing about on the floor. Its not particularily nice but ive seen worse.

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
If that video shows anything, it shows how removed certain solders are from some of the violence they cause, they're almost in a little safe cocoon away from the violence. Infra-red pictures, at a distance, its almost like a computer game. I was expecting to be sickened by the video as I don't like that kind of stuff, yet it didnt affect me too much because it was all so "clean cut". Theres no audible screams, you dont see the blood and you dont smell the stench of death, pretty easy life in a chopper aint it.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Trebz said:
If that video shows anything, it shows how removed certain solders are from some of the violence they cause, they're almost in a little safe cocoon away from the violence. Infra-red pictures, at a distance, its almost like a computer game. I was expecting to be sickened by the video as I don't like that kind of stuff, yet it didnt affect me too much because it was all so "clean cut". Theres no audible screams, you dont see the blood and you dont smell the stench of death, pretty easy life in a chopper aint it.

Unfortunately this is what the media portrays. Chopper pilots and aircraft pilot have it easier to an extend, compared to front line ground combat troops. In the end someone does have to do that job. But i do agree with you, no blood, no screams and no contact.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Gray where did you get that video, from goregasm or rotten or somewhere? It doesn't seem the kind of thing you'd be likely to find on a typical news website.

As for the contents, I can't judge what I see because I don't know the context under which it was filmed. It looks like enemy soldiers being killed because they were some kind of threat. If thats the case, then I'm sorry those guys died, but I'd rather Iraqi troops die than Coalition troops.

kan

Loyal Freddie
cnn have been showing this a lot apparently..

seems the targets where thieves stealing farm equipment

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Making judgements from an excerpted video that has zero context is stupid.
That said, it's only natural to. And that said, I'm going to anyway. The question you have to ask is if, as kan said, it has been shown on CNN news, what's the reason for this and what kind of reaction does CNN think it is going to get from it ?
The guy hiding behind the tractor (guy #2 to get it) seems to wave something after he sees guy #1 wasted. The voices seemed calm.
Nothing definitive to be said of course, but what is American TV news up to ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom