hehehhehehehe

B

bodhi

Just set the fire alarm off :) Took me 4 and a half years, but I finally did it.

Back of the net.

W

WPKenny

Never saw the point in this TBH. Always pissed me off when people set it off just as you were shagging/smoking/sleeping and you have to get dressed and stand around in the freezing cold for ages.

Just hope you don't come in here ever bitching that someone you know burnt to death cos the fire engine's were all busy attneding hoaxes.

B

bodhi

I forgot to mention it was by accident. Left the bacon under the grill a smidge too long.

W

Wij

I set off the fire alarm once. Middle of the night :)

S

S-Gray

Hm... last time someone done that was in School, well we where in Wales at a place called Menai, shit place, and everyone got this viral bug from drinking their water.

I was one who come worse off, and it was about i dunno, 3am in the morning, i didnt get any sleep anyway because the guys in the Dorm where noisy fuckers and woke everyone up when they slept... and the night they was quiet some cunt set off the fire alarm, bastard, i ended up slipping in someones puke near the stairs and outside i decided to puke too...

cunt. thats all i say

G

GDW

I was about to blame the Marlborough Lights. But at least the bacon smells nicer..............Danish?

S

Shocko

Originally posted by bodhi
I forgot to mention it was by accident. Left the bacon under the grill a smidge too long.
I do this all the time. Infact, it's almost impossible to do any cooking without setting off our smoke alarm :(

I have set the oven on fire 3 times. Once about 7yrs ago, when i left some bacon in, then went off to watch neighbours. Half an hour later, the smoke alarm goes off, and i find that the bacon is ablaze :D The baking tray thing it was on, was totally ruined... Oven came out of it ok though :)

Then twice in the last year, i've switched the grill on and then left it to warm up... However in both occasions, i failed to notice that there was a tray, with tin-foil on it, right under teh grill... Luckily, no permanent damage to anything, in both of these cases :)

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by bodhi

Well that's slightly different. Just be more careful in future. :p

P

PhaZeY

I've done this once, while waking up from a Lanny (TG thing back in '97) - was trying to make some tea at 7AM - woke everyone up :( i had much scowls from the people co-habiting in sleeping bags...was a bit of a bugger cos 1) no water in the ern, and 2) was a playgroup centre somewhere (oh yeah, the fire-alarm did'nt live long after the scowls),

Oh the sorrow. how i repented.

./P

K

kameleon

Originally posted by Shocko
I do this all the time. Infact, it's almost impossible to do any cooking without setting off our smoke alarm :(

Everybody else cooks, you in fact, burn

D

Dimebag

Our "smoke" alarm is actually a heat alarm allowing ppl to smoke in the house.

Rediculously sensetive though, have to put a big green throw over the entrance to the kitchen hung up on nails to stop the thing going off.

On a side note, WPKenny were you actually born middle aged or are you just a twat?

Dime

M

mr.Blacky

I triggered the fire alarm by accident once and the only response I heard was "don't make that much noise"

O

opless

erm ...

Bigfoot.

None of my business but wasn't that a bit heavy handed?

I think someone should send you on a traning course or something, your (GameNet Mods) continued targeting on dimebag is unfair and unwarrented as much as it is harrasment.

I strongly suggest you start becoming a community leader, rather than a bully bigfoot, before you pick on someone that actually puts you in your place.

Okay ?

L

lecter

By the same logic that bigfoot employed in this particular ban incident anyone that calls Dimebag a twat should be banned themselves.

But of course rules are never expedited fairly.:rolleyes:

S

Summo

What's the big deal? Dime was/is an arrogant tit. At least he was on this board. *shrug*

L

lecter

Ladies and Gentlemen we have our first candidate.

Summo!

S

Summo

It's only a matter of time before I go, it seems. :/

B

bigfoot

If he was a first time offender opless I would probably agree that I have been heavy handed, but the fact is that he has continually behaved inappropriately in his comments both here and on irc. In case you are not aware he has been banned twice before now, yet still comes back and cannot see the error of his ways.

As a member of the forum you are entitled to criticise our methods of dealing with him if you have a valid argument, although it is interesting to note that according to my records your only 3 posts since the 22nd of February (including the one you just made) have been about Dimebag in one way or another. Far be it from me to suggest you have an alterior motive for your posting in this thread but if you are so keen on these forums and how we treat people who clearly cannot behave on them then why is it that you do not contribute to something other than criticising our methods?

These forums are not here for people to post whatever they want or behave as badly as they want to, Dimebag has frequently shown he is incapable of behaving like a responsible adult and there are only so many chances we can give someone before we say no more, especially in a situation where the person in question isn't even a Subscriber so is effectively using our services for free and using them to behave in an inappropriate manner. I'll be the first to admit I have said some harsh things to Dimebag on IRC, mainly in an effort to get through to him that he can't keep behaving like he does and expect to get away with it, yet this has no impact and it seems like there is no way of making him understand. In my time of being able to I've rarely, if ever, deleted a forum account in these circumstances, yet I have had to disable Dimebag's BW account on 4 different occasions now (including when he registered a new account) and have finally decided to remove his forum account. You may think I am being a bully, I'd see it more as making sure people understand that certain types of posts and behaviour will simply not be tolerated any more.

Q

Quige

When I first started living away from home the occasional fire alarm accident was quite unstressful. These days, in the flat's I've been living in anyway, it sounds like somone's set off one of those sound warfare devices they put outside embassies under seige .. all jarring sub-harmonics and doppler effects that makes you worry that you'll throw up before you manage to escape the building.
Luckily it's usually the bloke in the basement burning his toast under the grill. But as YuckFou said, it is reassuring to know the thing works, and that you're actually really unlikely to sleep through it :)

O

opless

Mod behaviour not acceptable, sorry.

Bigfoot,

I'm quite aware of his history. Yes he's a moron for breaking game.net's/barrysworld T&Cs. And yes hes been banned multiple times too.

In fact all of the times that hes been banned (That I've noticed) hes not behaved much worse than most people on these boards.

Semi offensive nicks like ***~YuckFou~***[1] are probably in your T&Cs too. But I don't see that being enforced.

Racist ? Sorry, but I don't see any racism from Dimebag. If it's about the incident about his avatar then I disagree. And I can assure you it wasn't even meant to offend, just to show hes a skinny ginger cnut :)

"...as someone who is not even subscribed"
Oh sorry, I'm not subscribed. Does that make my points any less valid? Could that be because he is (or was) on the Barrysworld side of the fence?

Will we see Lecter, and other ex-barrysworld staff be treated with the same rude, bullyboy tactics ?

I fail to see your point in attempting to justify removing dimebags account, just for calling someone a twat.

My previous comments about Moderator harrassment still apply. I think you should stop finding excuses to harrass Dimebag (or anyone else for that matter) before you *do* find yourself with a messy lawsuit on your hands.

Though I suppose it'd be more likely you'd sooner piss someone off in your local, and get a face full of fist. Either way you'll probably say "poor me" rather than "oh shit I deserved it"

So bigfoot, are you going to the decent thing, and show how much of a human being you are and restore Dimebag's account? Or are you going to continue being weasily(sp?) and stick to your moral high horse?

***[1] Just an example, not singling you out or anything :)

K

kan

Originally posted by bigfoot
You may think I am being a bully

The reason that this action will be seen as being a bullying is it is obviously one rule for one and one for another on these forums.

Certain members of the forums say and do what they like.

Others get banned for the stupidest of reasons. yes dime has broke rules on previous occasions but the ban today is for a stupid reason.

S

Summo

Oh, ffs its so simple. Dime was banned and deserved it. The forums are a little better for it.

At least you can rest assured that Dime won't be victimised anymore.

H

hellsy0x

On a side note, WPKenny were you actually born middle aged or are you just a twat?

Dime [/B]

^^ hardly worth a ban tbh not even a telling off!

K

kan

Originally posted by Summo
Oh, ffs its so simple. Dime was banned and deserved it. The forums are a little better for it.

At least you can rest assured that Dime won't be victimised anymore.

so why did he deserve a ban for that? I think WPKenny is a twat as well. Does that mean i will now be banned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom