hehehhehehehe

H

hellsy0x

police state!!!!! and they said it would never come to that :/

how lame. very lame.

O

opless

So you think it's okay to victimize someone just because they're a colourful character?

If so, bigfoot should have had a permament gline from quakenet for being much worse over the years I've known him.

(That said so should I - I suppose, heh)

The point of it all (in case you've forgotton) is that Dimebag is being unfairly singled out for attention.

I think when (not if) dimebag gets reinstated on the boards, that bigfoot (and lets not forget brooky here) should refrain from being involved in moderating anything to do with Dimebag.

It's quite clear that this is a personal vendetta, and as such is putting GameNET/Barrysworld in potentially deep hotwater, from a legal standpoint.

If bigfoot should take my comments as a personal attack on him, he's mistaken. I'm trying to be fair to all three parties here, even if admittedly Dimebags a friend.

A

adslrizla

It's even simpler than that Summo - their forums so you play by their rules. If you get booted and you're not a subbie then I can't see that anyone has any comeback - if you are a subbie then maybe you do? I dunno.

TBH in the 11 months or so that I've been around the only person I can remember really kicking off and being downright offensive to people (and meaning it) is Dimebag. Whether I remember him because of recent events I dunno - it's possible.

I do know that he doesn't behave like this on ADSLguide so presumably he accepts their rules but is unable to accept BW/game.net has changed?

M

maxi--

The best thing, is that it wasnt DIMEBAG who caused this, it was Bigfoot.

And this sort of thing has happened loads recently, and it WILL happen again whether Dimebag is banned or not.

As long as Bigfoot's petty and transparent attempts to make an example of an 'offensive' user continue, then so will these abusive/offensive threads.

It REALLY is awful advertisement for game.net. Im positive its the wrong way to deal with people you dont like, or YOU find offensive.

As far as making an example of Dimebag goes, this hasnt happened. All Bigfoot has done is annoy a lot of people, caused what coulde be seen as a disturbing backlash (that game.net could do without), and shown that he has one set of standards for dimebag(+ guests) and another for everyone else.

S

stu

I made Dime's avatar. It's Starvin' Marvin from South Park, with some crudely added ginger hair. It's due to the fact he's got a body fat level of about 3%, and carries about as much fat as a rake. But if you want to ban me too, go ahead, for my clearly racist motives.

What happened to you Dave? You used to be cool.

O

opless

adslrizla:

I've known Dimebag and bigfoot since about 1998 and been loosely involved (mostly via qnet) since that time. Hell I've even got a BW email and used to have a dialup account!

I've seen lots of stupid things in this time, but the victimisation of Dimebag has to be the stupidest yet.

So what if hes not a subscriber, HES BEEN INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY FOR AGES.

I'm in agreement with maxi on this - it's a really bad advert for Barrysworld/Gamenet, and I just hope this gets resolved in the manner I've already outlined. I just hope someone "higher up" than bigfoot reads this and steps in, as I'd certainly not find this acceptable behaviour for an employee.

Thats right.

S

Shocko

Originally posted by bigfoot
As a member of the forum you are entitled to criticise our methods of dealing with him if you have a valid argument, although it is interesting to note that according to my records your only 3 posts since the 22nd of February (including the one you just made) have been about Dimebag in one way or another. Far be it from me to suggest you have an alterior motive for your posting in this thread but if you are so keen on these forums and how we treat people who clearly cannot behave on them then why is it that you do not contribute to something other than criticising our methods?
I'm sure he would, but he's a full time smelly-linux geek. I'm sure you can appreciate the situation... :D

B

bigfoot

Sorry stu, having to deal with people who behave like Dimebag must have made me un-cool.

He's said to me many times that he posts some of the things he does only to get a reaction, perhaps that is true, even if it is I'd like someone to explain to me why we should put up with him if his only intention is to offend other people and provoke them into retaliating. You say I am harrassing him or bullying him, my response would be that I have only taken action against him in response to something he has done. It is true that other people who we have taken action against recently have mostly all been temp banned for a couple of days and then unbanned, but seeing as Dimebag has had many chances before I cannot see what purpose another temp ban would have?

You've had your warnings from Ted's sticky post (ironically in relation to when /he/ had to ban Dimebag, so to assume this is a personal vendetta is wrong) and from when we have taken action against a few people recently, eventually our patience will run out and we will start taking action to tidy this place up, even if this proves unpopular with a few people. I've been running leagues & dealing with people in this community long enough to know that you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

B

bids

I'm amazed anyone gives a shit tbh - he broke the rules numerous times - byebye Dime. Will anyone actually miss his 'contributions' ?

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by Shocko
I do this all the time. Infact, it's almost impossible to do any cooking without setting off our smoke alarm :(

I have set the oven on fire 3 times. Once about 7yrs ago, when i left some bacon in, then went off to watch neighbours. Half an hour later, the smoke alarm goes off, and i find that the bacon is ablaze :D The baking tray thing it was on, was totally ruined... Oven came out of it ok though :)

Then twice in the last year, i've switched the grill on and then left it to warm up... However in both occasions, i failed to notice that there was a tray, with tin-foil on it, right under teh grill... Luckily, no permanent damage to anything, in both of these cases :)

If you spent less time with linux and more in real life, then maybe cooking wouldn't be beyond you :p

I remember fire alarms at uni, was bloody annoying and if people were caught they were often thrown out. I am sure it was funny to those setting them off, just to no one else.

On a side note. Dimebag was a liaison for quake 2 at BW I believe, or at the least an admin. He should have been banned from these forums and removed as an admin long ago simply for his comments in the admins and liaisons forum, let alone this one.

Until I started reading his forums posts though I thought he was okay, I havent seen him do anything on irc that bad, and he did help people. However his sense of humour just upsets to many people.

L

leggy

Originally posted by Summo
What's the big deal? Dime was/is an arrogant tit. At least he was on this board. *shrug*

If you go, I go (again)

O

opless

I've said my bit Bif.

What you do now is a measure of what kind of person you are.

I'll not be reading any more of this thread.

No, really.

B

bigfoot

Opless - Fair enough, I guess in your view I will be a lesser human being then. Not quite sure how I will sleep at night knowing that :(.

S

S-Gray

heh for a minute there Ch3t i thought you posted in the wrong forum about the Fire Alarm thing :D

L

Lester

Re the avatar question. I think he put something about jigs in it iirc. Which has at least two connotations.

My two'penneth is that I find many people on here amusing and intelligent who don't need to be offensive to make their point. I mean, there's much better ways of telling someone they're a twat than just telling them.

O

opless

hmm, I didn't realise I actually called you a human being.

I unreservedly apologise to any humans that actually use this board for implying (or otherwise) that Bif is a human being.

I don't know how you can sleep at night either :)

Clearly

W

WPKenny

/me staggers in from a night down the pub

Oooh. What a stir. As some of you may remember from my previous posts I wasn't exactly upset to see Dimebag go the last time.

I've been a member of these forums and BW in general for years (I'm one of the oldest long standing members if you look at the joining date) but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get banned for making a post against the rules.

Dimebag's been warned PLENTY of times and he comes back time and time again to provoke a reaction. He's contributed NOTHING to the forums and very little to IRC.

Dimebag's the sort of person to bear a grudge so he's not going to turn over a new leaf and be all nice and fluffy if he's allowed in. He's proved that again and again. I've said it beofre and I'll say it again....Good riddance.

L

lecter

Dimebag's been warned PLENTY of times and he comes back time and time again to provoke a reaction. He's contributed NOTHING to the forums and very little to IRC.

What is your definition of contribute? I dont personally see that you have added anything either.

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by lecter
What is your definition of contribute? I dont personally see that you have added anything either.

I do my bit. I try to offer help where I can in the tech forums. Who exactly posts anything of worth in the general forums anyway? What's your point?

EDIT: And besides...when was the last time you saw me attack someone and call them a twat (or anything for that matter). The times are few and far between..if ever.

A

adslrizla

A Statement from Dimebag

I said I'd post this for him after talking to him. It isn't what I'd have posted but I reckon after all the time he's been here he deserves a farewell post :

Firstly someone is posting this on my behalf so please let no repercussions disperse onto their personage after this is posted.

I've enjoyed my time at barrysworld; I've even been a liaison for the "company" as it now is. I've been helpful in the respect of posting on forums, and I made a whole platform for the servers to use in the Quake 2 days.

It seems now though certain individuals are dead set against me and will look for any opportunity to harass me and kick me out. We all know who this certain individual is.

I admit I’ve been extreme in the past. I've done things that some consider "over the line" and I've been punished for it. This instance however is totally different.

I was let back onto the forums under the pretence that I was to behave myself and stop posting explicit and inappropriate images and content. I believe I have fully done this.

I used "bad language" in calling somebody a "twat", which I shall not retract or apologise for, he is. If this is somehow worth a banning these days then lets wipe out the entire board and start again yeah?

The second reason I was banned apparently is because of my avatar. As stu has pointed out, HE made the avatar, not for me asking but because it "suited me". I'm quite a skinny guy, and I have ginger hair. The chap in the avatar is of course starving Marvin from southpark. The fact that he happens to be black has no bearing on the use of the avatar at all. I'm not a bloody racist; I'm just skinny and ginger, like the avatar.

It has struck me just how offensive the moderators and everyone else who doesn’t even know me has been. The clique regulars who really should just be doing some work who constantly look out for each other, whilst offering nothing more than silly one liner comments that a 3rd year in primary school could conjure up. I've noticed a load people who are totally for me being banned claiming that I've "broken the rules". I haven’t done anything this time around that I promised I wouldn’t, and I was given no indication that swearing as not allowed.

This is pure harassment. The certain moderator was sitting caressing his o-ring for the moment that I dare say one thing that he could consider "wrong" and ban me for. Not even ban this time, eradication. I've been called a racist, had multiple insults from many "regulars" and have had said moderator insinuating that I was "dropped on my head at birth". The said moderator must have even taken this choice all on his own, without notifying me at all, (most likely because he lacks any testicular fortitude at all) or any other member of the game.net team. No I am not a subscriber, but I've been around for over 5 years in which time I've been a liaison. To get picked on in this manner is quite frankly disgusting by someone who should be more professional.

There doesn’t seem to be anything I can do anymore about this situation, I just hope that the moderator involved has gained some sort of pleasure watching me squirm. It’s not the fact that I've been banned again, if I had done something to earn that right, then fair enough. It’s the fact I have actually done nothing more than calling someone a twat.

It’s been a good 5 years.
Dave you are dead inside.

Bye.

Dime

B

bigfoot

In many ways that post typifies you Dimeh, start off fairly sensible but then just descend into abuse. I would draw up a list of the things you have said and done, or point out the flaws in your resignation speech (of which there are quite a few), but I don't see the point. Goodbye and I hope you take a few of your "fanboys" (to use one of your terms) with you.

P

Perplex

Originally posted by bigfoot
Goodbye and I hope you take a few of your "fanboys" (to use one of your terms) with you.

Tbh, this forum could do with a few (read: a shed load) less barrylick fanboy acolytes

N

Nighty-

The forums pretty shite to read now anyway ... infact gaming is crap now too! Only thing keeping me on the internet is being able to talk to rl mates without knocking up a big phonebill

(and yes, agree with the man above)
(no matter how gay he is hohohoh)

H

hellsy0x

Originally posted by Perplex
Tbh, this forum could do with a few (read: a shed load) less barrylick fanboy acolytes

well i wasn't going to say anything :)

A

adslrizla

Can we now bring this to a close peeps? From a personal point of view I can talk to Dimebag "one on one" and he's fine. My memories of his forum posts and some stuff on IRC is otherwise (sorry Dimeh but like I said that's what I remember - for whatever reasons).

Someone has got banned and they are one of the "old hands" of BW - well TBH it's going to happen. I can (with my limited time on these forums) think of at least 5 other people who will be going the same way sooner or later. It's high-street business now people and Game isn't going to stand for irate mothers complaining.

BTW Bigfoot - not coming down on either side and I know some of the history but a permanent ban for calling someone a twat seems a bit harsh. If I was Game I'd be far more concerned about all the "That's gay" comments that get thrown about - yes I do know what's meant by that but it's a hell of a lot more offensive to people who don't.

Anyway - maybe end of story?

O

old.E-Razor

Another person whose first post for months is a bit pointless.

H

hellsy0x

first post maybe, but at least not all his posts are ponitless unlike some

B

bigfoot

adslrizla - I'd hope too that I do not have to keep editing posts, banning people and so forth, but unfortunately given some of the individuals who have accounts on this forum I doubt I will have the luxury of not having to intervene again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom