Heavy Tanks

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
There never was more overpowered class and noone whines?

Is it so that it was only the heavytanks that whined in the first place and now they got they're will?

Magic immunity aswell as melee immunity, hey they even got 50% oil resistance and climb wall. :p

Slam, in a long fight you can slam more than 4 times. Purge should be on 30sec timer considering these silly immunity timers.

It sadens me that melee fights still are all about timered abbilites, what if for once 'without mentioning names' you would not sit inside keep between fights and actually take a chance with timers down?
That would clearly make it all more interesting, and not to mention fair. :)

I would love to see classes like Minstrels get tweaked, and enough with this 'knight with shiny armour' favourism.

Discuss. :D

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
There never was more overpowered class and noone whines?

Is it so that it was only the heavytanks that whined in the first place and now they got they're will?

Magic immunity aswell as melee immunity, hey they even got 50% oil resistance and climb wall. :p

Slam, in a long fight you can slam more than 4 times. Purge should be on 30sec timer considering these silly immunity timers.

It sadens me that melee fights still are all about timered abbilites, what if for once 'without mentioning names' you would not sit inside keep between fights and actually take a chance with timers down?
That would clearly make it all more interesting, and not to mention fair. :)

I would love to see classes like Minstrels get tweaked, and enough with this 'knight with shiny armour' favourism.

Discuss. :D

Key to kill a heavy tank is to mitigate their damage while you grind them down making sure they used their purge and then prepare for a burst dmg on them during a long dur stunn. Been like this since I donno shield love patch?

Most oped melee class are valewalkers and vamps they are impossible to kill on a regular basis if high rr, good items and played by some1 with a clue. :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
What goes around comes around. They have always had the over-compensating approach to balancing under powered classes, often whilst completely missing the key issues that made them under powered in the first place.

islef

Loyal Freddie
Weeeeell, i can see it from your point rolv, but in the bigger picture i think it is ok, even if it sucks to face off against a heavy tank 1vs1. Think most classes got pro's and con's, a heavy tank lets say an arms, he will eat my bm 9710 times, but on my rm i can kite him around... not much fun for him then. God i suck at explaining myself but i hope i got my point across, most classes do better against some types of classes than others.

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
I have more chance vs a valewalker and a vampiir (won vs high rr 1v1), than heavy tanks.
So long as the tank realize he only needs to use his shield and he blocks almost all my hits. I guess that has something to do with that savage don't get so much weaponskills. Before heavy tank love, I still had big problems vs them, but then 2-hander with high parry rates were 'the unpenetrable'.

In the patch they removed the cap that you would'nt block dual wield as often, and also removed the cap that it was very hard to parry a 2-hander.

kagato said:
What goes around comes around. They have always had the over-compensating approach to balancing under powered classes, often whilst completely missing the key issues that made them under powered in the first place.
Totally agree. And when they change things they forget to balance other things up to the same level. Anger of the gods RA (skald) for instance, the level 2 is around 100dps I think. This used to be very good, now it's just ok, since players can take lots more beating.

He don't have to follow you though Islef :)
I get your point though, and agree for most classes. But fail to find a true nemesis for a heavy tank?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
For the best part of 6 years a heavy tank would be toast vs pretty much any caster and have a tough time vs a light tank. Now that the game is dead and buried and they have got a few more toys people complain? lol

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
For the best part of 6 years a heavy tank would be toast vs pretty much any caster and have a tough time vs a light tank. Now that the game is dead and buried and they have got a few more toys people complain? lol

Dead and buried? Because you cancled your subscription?

Get your facts right and gtfo of the daoc section if you don't play anymore?

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Well played anything = dead anything

Somethings just take longer than others thats all :p

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
We had some fun fights back in the days, and your hero 1v1 against my skald was fair fights. Just reactivated and had some fun fights with an armsman but the modern hero nowadays are just silly. Hehe. :D

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie

Not so sure about that really. I once fought a warden 1v1 with my skald for almost 1 hour, and after 30mins all my buffs had been stripped off. By that point it was impossible for me to get him below 90% and he still couldn't get me below 90%. Tried changing weapons and using various tools, still nothing. In the end I just mezzed him and walked away.

High defense rates, health regens and ablatives. The game lacks something. I liked the game better when fights didn't take so long. ;)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
heavy tanks? say hello to my redcon str/con debuff and 6.0 speed dragon 2h'r with 400+ str.

;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Tis funny to see how the whine hops around over the years from class to class.

Can spend 4 years as the underdog, finally get buffed up and suddenly become the biggest lamer for a class you rolled back when it was gimped.

I think I have seen just about every class have it's day on the forums as the 'must be nerfed' lamer class.

I still remember someone chatting to me who was realm hopping back in the early days who was commenting that 'Armsmen were a joke' in RvR to the other realms lol.

And that was before they started getting left behind even.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Key to kill a heavy tank is to mitigate their damage while you grind them down making sure they used their purge and then prepare for a burst dmg on them during a long dur stunn. Been like this since I donno shield love patch?

Most oped melee class are valewalkers and vamps they are impossible to kill on a regular basis if high rr, good items and played by some1 with a clue. :p

Reavers and tics if they above rr8 is about as close to unbeatable in a 1v1 as it gets,lifedrain styles banelords and all sorts of crappy stuff :p
My rr3-4 fights vs rr12 hero on temair i lost 1 out of 4 ;) and i would say that is good stats for that low rr to humiliate and completely destroy a rr12 hero

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie

minstrels are OP as they are:>

if you got skills ofc.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
minstrels are OP as they are:>

if you got skills ofc.

Aye, play a minstrel well and it can do extremely good. Lots of people use them in fg rvr in german cluster these days aswell. Annoying bitches they can be. With pets ofc.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Play with something that has selfbuffs, then wait for the others buffs to wear off :p At least on classic =) Unbuffed heavy tanks aren't that hard :p

Btw, the blocking cap gets lowered again, which is nice in 1v1, but absolutely shit in fg RvR. Spent shitloads of money to temp a good defensive paladin on classic just to see it suck hard … wonderful.

Oh and to add on that, a high RR heretic with enough reju spec beats near to anything if played well. Yes it's a sucky playstyle to kite focus, stun, kite focus, but it wins you fights, that's for sure.

Friar is quite cool aswell, but sometimes hard to land styles, so often enough you gotta strafe like mad. Well, maybe if I can play again and get some more RRs I can say more about that =)

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
heavy tanks? say hello to my redcon str/con debuff and 6.0 speed dragon 2h'r with 400+ str.

;)

Still Aika, all they got to do vs a champ is ride out their dps burst.

I played a rr9l7 champ myself and I know how ololz it is to pop battler, rr5 and proc a cele from dragon sword and hit some1 for 793 dmg at capped swing rate nonestop :)

But warriors got rr5 to just ride it out, and arms got their rr5 to just parry mates. And they both have the dps to kill you within a slam if they decide to dump aswell, and both warrior and armsman have warlord.

What always ticked me about heavy tanks is that they had to high defence vs dmg ratio, you cannot have both in my book. Imo they shouldn't raised shield so much, that would atleast level the game some, so people can't just have uber defence with shield and rock your box with their pole out. I mean you give and you take, thats what daoc was about before, you specialized and performed good in one thing while paying in another. All the ToA, CL, Laby stuff did was level out the weaknesses of your class and some classes where very strong to begin with and when you take away their weakness or lower it alot they are godmode, and becomes an obvious choice in x situation, such as an armsman in 1v1 melee fights.

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie

Can't say I agree.
Of course everyone can be lucky and meet your nemesis when all your abbilites up and all his are down, hey maybe he even miss a buff and was just in pve so forgot to put back on some of his equipment. Maybe he got a phone call from his dream girl in the middle of the fight. And so on...

But now I think about a real fight. Some classes have more tools than others, thats just how it is, and also not everyone have stun and some just can't kite.
Then there's really a limit of how long the fight can last.

aika

Can't get enough of FH

I played a rr9l7 champ myself and I know how ololz it is to pop battler, rr5 and proc a cele from dragon sword and hit some1 for 793 dmg at capped swing rate nonestop :)

But warriors got rr5 to just ride it out, and arms got their rr5 to just parry mates. And they both have the dps to kill you within a slam if they decide to dump aswell, and both warrior and armsman have warlord.

What always ticked me about heavy tanks is that they had to high defence vs dmg ratio, you cannot have both in my book. Imo they shouldn't raised shield so much, that would atleast level the game some, so people can't just have uber defence with shield and rock your box with their pole out. I mean you give and you take, thats what daoc was about before, you specialized and performed good in one thing while paying in another. All the ToA, CL, Laby stuff did was level out the weaknesses of your class and some classes where very strong to begin with and when you take away their weakness or lower it alot they are godmode, and becomes an obvious choice in x situation, such as an armsman in 1v1 melee fights.

yeah ofc someone with mob5 will be hard =\ I can kill armsmen if they dont pop their rr5 (without using st or my rr5), but that is a kinda longish fight, also with my lol 2500 hp it sucks. I seriously dont remember a 1v1 I lost since I got WH and the dragon template, but then there was not many good players left on dyvet.
Reavers were so easy I could afk in a fight, debuff, i dont even purge slam cause they will hit me maybe twice with levi with debuffed swing speed and then I just like 3 shot them :( - same with valks/thanes.
Only problems are high rr savages using their rr5 in a 1v1 :E but not many of those were playing on the server, rr11 stealthers with viper 3 or high RR shield tanks - but those are doable (except Hydron on which i had to dump ST and rr5 to win :()

Edit: I find champs really excel at clearing small grps of enemies or killing DIbots/healers/clerics fast :)

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie

Hero's can just use their RR5 vs burst dps classes too. They also technically have a free sort of semi purge by moosing in stun to live through burst and save purge for 2nd stun if long fight then mete out their own burst dps when opponent has blown purge.

Hero rr5 is particularly wank tbrh but in that sorta scenario with moose plus purge you could in theory have 3 get outta jails to outlast.

Long time since I played though, could all have changed now. :)

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
SMITE CLERICs!!!!

I think my tiny Mauler did pretty good vs tanks even he was only rr5. Wish i could try him at higher rr.

/Haddaway

Yrendan

Can't get enough of FH

Not rly m8 I used to solo with paladin or reaver and all I can say from my experience on duels is that paladin would never win vs a well specced-played hero warrior because of the huge difference in weaponskill no matter how good you are what RR you are or good template you have. Reaver was another story though overpowered class in 1 vs 1. I dont know how solo fights evolved after Labyrinth cause I stopped playing before the expansion release but I hear rumours that champions are even more harder to kill now.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah ofc someone with mob5 will be hard =\ I can kill armsmen if they dont pop their rr5 (without using st or my rr5), but that is a kinda longish fight, also with my lol 2500 hp it sucks. I seriously dont remember a 1v1 I lost since I got WH and the dragon template, but then there was not many good players left on dyvet.
Reavers were so easy I could afk in a fight, debuff, i dont even purge slam cause they will hit me maybe twice with levi with debuffed swing speed and then I just like 3 shot them :( - same with valks/thanes.
Only problems are high rr savages using their rr5 in a 1v1 :E but not many of those were playing on the server, rr11 stealthers with viper 3 or high RR shield tanks - but those are doable (except Hydron on which i had to dump ST and rr5 to win :()

Edit: I find champs really excel at clearing small grps of enemies or killing DIbots/healers/clerics fast :)

I got a rr7 reaver with dragon ( Kalmorian template ) and champs are quite easy to kill generally speaking, so it is also a matter of who you fight.

Now I havn't played the reaver in RVR since they nerfed levi but back then all I had to do vs basically any class was to trick them to purge numb, then I had a 98% win, didn't matter who it was could be a rr12 hero with 4x IPs I would rox his box :p..

Only class/person I couldn't kill on a regular basis was a rr11 vamp on Temair, and a rr9 valewalker, they both where too good players and knew how to counter reavers. But I could still reaver bomb them xD so I did :wub: :wub:

Also back then if you happend to get spirit debuffed in a slam xD you saw levi dmg at 500ish / proc + melee dmg at capped swing spd~

Got a funny SS where I killed an entire group solo at fins ( they were exping but I had been there farming them all moring, letting them rezz~ )

SS of a ~9ish ppl at fins:

Oh and another funny SS of pre nerf Levi dmg, dont think I was more then rr5 here and not even ml10/cl10

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Reavers and tics if they above rr8 is about as close to unbeatable in a 1v1 as it gets,lifedrain styles banelords and all sorts of crappy stuff :p
My rr3-4 fights vs rr12 hero on temair i lost 1 out of 4 ;) and i would say that is good stats for that low rr to humiliate and completely destroy a rr12 hero

I havn't tried my reaver since the levi nerf but im soon activating just need to get myself 2x dragon rings first, since i cba to be twatting around without them anymore.. went rr1-7 with no rings since I was waiting for prices to drop lol.. they never did ;<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom