Question heaters

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Hiya,

now that summer is over and it is starting to get sodding cold here at HQ I am looking at buying another heater for the lounge, am thinking oil filled rad as I have one in my room and they are pretty good, if rather unattractive (but as people have been saying to me all my life 'aww looks aren't everything old gal!') but I have also been drawn to those free standing electric stoves which are lovely!

You know the ones that look like real wood burning stoves and you plug them in? anyway I was wondering if any of you actually has one and can let me know what they are really like (i.e. value for money or do they cost a fortune to run, are they reliable etc etc) and if anyone can recommend a particular brand...though it has to be cheap because I am perpetually broke lol.

Cheers kids
:wub:

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
I never knew these things actually existed but I am so tempted now as our lounge needs a focal point such as one of these.

Might well get something like this looks the part, heats and not that expensive.

Haven't looked at all of the stoves on that site but it does seem that 2kw is the norm.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
A good oil heater is what you want, they keep the room warm for a good while after you power them down. Don't get a bod standard electric or halogen heater, they use a ton of energy and as soon as you switch off the room starts to cool down. I have had a Delonghi for about 6 years, still works a treat even though I maybe use it twice a year now.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
The place we're moving to in about a month has one of those installed in the fireplace. Doubt I'd buy one if there wasn't one already there (it's bloody expensive apparently) but I'm quite curious to see how well it goes.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah OFRs are great tbh had 2 in slugville and I got custody of one when I moved out; it's a delonghi and is is really good, just not very pretty lol!

I only really need to heat the lounge and my room so can use the OFR and thought just having a stove, if can find a good cheap one might be nice, because (being horribly boastful) my lounge rocks and it'd look fab in there.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
One night with me and you will never need warming up again, because you'll be dead.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Excuse me!!!

I am not some sex toy to be passed around and abused as you see fit....oh wait yes I am, sorry carry on guys.

Anyway Doc I totally couldn't do you dude I'd be singing magical trevor the whole time in my head; it'd be totally offputting....that and the fact you'd probably be still peeling bits of the last bird you slept with off your 'magical whip' (though cho says it's more of a grubby shoelace).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I don't care if she is ginger, is left handed, hates spiders and loves guinea pigs, she is still a darlin and her current boyfriend better be good to her or I shall send the boys around! :p

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I don't care if she is ginger, is left handed, hates spiders and loves guinea pigs, she is still a darlin and her current boyfriend better be good to her or I shall send the boys around! :p

Stalker!

Ezteq

Queen of OT

I shall inform him of this, thank you for seeing past all my afflictions (though I am actually right handed and don't hate spiders...i just feed them to Vlad lol).

Further to your remark about grooming Doc; shall we actually change your name to Clive or just use it as a code name?

:wub::cheers:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I shall inform him of this, thank you for seeing past all my afflictions (though I am actually right handed and don't hate spiders...i just feed them to Vlad lol).

Further to your remark about grooming Doc; shall we actually change your name to Clive or just use it as a code name?

:wub::cheers:

He is a James as well, muhahaaaa! :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl sorry Calo! omg going off topic like that, how dispicable! OK well as soon as I can muster the energy I'm going to trot off into town and see if I can hunt down some of that plastic stuff you stick over your windows because it is now officially ferking cold!

Any ideas where'd sell it, I'm thinking Wilko's?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
rofl sorry Calo! omg going off topic like that, how dispicable! OK well as soon as I can muster the energy I'm going to trot off into town and see if I can hunt down some of that plastic stuff you stick over your windows because it is now officially ferking cold!

Any ideas where'd sell it, I'm thinking Wilko's?

Just buy some bubble wrap and make yourself a nice coat, it works a treat!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol no I cannot resist popping all the bubbles so it would only be effective for about 30 mins.

In other news, I found some of that stuff (Wilkinsons, in the insulation section, costs about £6 for enough for 4 windows and £11 for 8) you stick over windows and then heat with a hair drier and it goes like double glazing so *fingers crossed* that should make a big difference when it gets really chilly.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Does this mean we're going to have even *hotter* Ezteq posts from now on ? Because I'm just not sure thats possible :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
lol no I cannot resist popping all the bubbles so it would only be effective for about 30 mins.

In other news, I found some of that stuff (Wilkinsons, in the insulation section, costs about £6 for enough for 4 windows and £11 for 8) you stick over windows and then heat with a hair drier and it goes like double glazing so *fingers crossed* that should make a big difference when it gets really chilly.

Lol you make Bournemouth sound like Siberia! :D

The weather forecast says it is actually quite reasonable for this time of year, god help you if we get a harsh winter, you might actually be needing that bubble wrap coat! :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Does this mean we're going to have even *hotter* Ezteq posts from now on ? Because I'm just not sure thats possible :D

Oh its thou challenging me this time soldier boy?

Chodax; get the whips and blow torch (that's for me to warm my toes with btw) and it is actually colder in here than the external temp lol.

*rides g/pig drawn sledge to the kitchen*

Mush tink...mush errol!! Yaaaa yaaa!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom