This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hear ye RP farmers hear ye!

Discussion in 'RvR Discussions' started by Xplo, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xplo

Xplo Banned

<moo|toa> lol
    <moo|toa> toa bracer with +7% realmpoints gained
    <moo|toa> toa ROG drop

I heard the cap is 25% ? strong farmage imo :m00:

2. Powahhh

Powahhh Fledgling Freddie

ouch poor mids now albions will go past rr2 faster :fluffle: :fluffle:

3. Nalistah

Nalistah Fledgling Freddie

4. Eleasias

Eleasias Can't get enough of FH

ToA will SO ruin the game (well, the 1% that isnt ruined yet)

5. bigmammas

bigmammas Fledgling Freddie

Thats just a little bit too overpowered... :(

6. Fedaykin

Fedaykin Fledgling Freddie

they will be the next must have items

7. Thorarin

Thorarin Fledgling Freddie

The problem I see with items such as these is that some classes have no problem capping every stat they need with all 99% gear, while other classes need all MP gear and über jewelry to do the same thing.

The the one class it's easy to incorporate items such as these in a good template, while for the other class it's completely impossible to do so and cap their stats, putting them at an even greater disadvantage :(

8. cougar

cougar Fledgling Freddie

seems balanced if i get one

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sycho

Sycho Can't get enough of FH

In ToA there's a +400 hits cap and i also think there's a +100 stats cap(might be wrong on this) but i seen sc templates on vn boards with +80-90s each stat, it's real hard to cap all if it's true.(kind of crazy though having these new caps)

10. Tahn

Tahn Fledgling Freddie

pfff nerf ToA :( :(

11. Ailyn

Ailyn Loyal Freddie

everything that is overpowered is balanced if il get it .. else nerf it!

anyway dunno if its worth wasting slots for more rp´s :/

12. Jaond

Jaond Fledgling Freddie

Nerf now the albs will get 13rp/kill insteed of 12 :(

13. Loxleyhood

Loxleyhood Fledgling Freddie

God. This way a Shadowblade might be able to see a 'you receive 9xx rp' message.

14. Herbal

Herbal Loyal Freddie

God you mean sbs will start to solo? :flame:

15. Loxleyhood

Loxleyhood Fledgling Freddie

No, I mean with a possible +25% rp they might be able to see 900rp msg. :)

16. saltymcpepper

saltymcpepper Banned

lox will get 625 rps now :D

17. Kinag

Kinag Can't get enough of FH

So sb's are the only stealthers that don't solo?

ok.

18. Snakester

Snakester Fledgling Freddie

nah we all solo, just every stealthers stealth is so good we dunno that others are there ;)

19. Danya

Danya Fledgling Freddie

Some items boost your caps in certain stats - the VN templates take advatage of this.

20. Glorien

Glorien Fledgling Freddie

I dunno why everyone thinks TOA will ruin the game. Personally i reckon it will send it in a new, better, direction. The items and stuff really mean your character can be unique with items and the way they look. TOA is sending daoc along the lines of Baldur's Gate i reckon. Whenever ure in a fight ure never know what the other person has up their sleeve, if anything.

Overall TOA will just make the game more interesting cos as of late daoc is just the same thing continously.

21. Tilda

Tilda Moderator Moderator

I agree, I remember the old days (before SC), where you had to choose between capping certain stats or some resists. I think that these days will return. People will have to choose between capping all resists, or having an extra 25% cast time or whatever. Although filling in the gaps in their resists with SC is a little easier I think over all you'll still find gaps in peoples templates.
    This will be good for casters as people may choose to drop resists in exchange for some nice ToA item.

Tilda

22. NoBrains

NoBrains Fledgling Freddie

It's good that you can't cap everything...

Beeing the point in rvr these days resists...

If you decide to cap your STR as a tank to hit harder well life sux lower your resists...
    This will mostly lead to less common specs beeing more effective as they will prolly resist less.

I don't think I'll be playing toa atm because I bought the game for 1 thing and they doing a complete change inserting alot of PVE etc and it's not my style in daoc :>

Regards

23. Denisée

Denisée Fledgling Freddie

What you do when you reach 0% dur?
    If you really are a farmer you will reach it (except savages I guess since they can't be struck).

24. Aoln

Aoln Guest

But they hit others so much ;o

25. Gamah

Gamah Banned

Sorry for mega bumping, but its so funny about what people were whining about Pre-TOA

OMG guys 25%+ rpt bonus neerrfff :(

And brings me to the point about the next expantion and how silly it is to speculate on what will and wont be overpowered.

26. Neffneff

Neffneff Fledgling Freddie

was afunny to read tbh.

27. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

Good point but better if you post a new thread and link to the old one for this sort of thing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.