Healer - Help!

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, im waiting for GOA to send me my password to my account but in the mean time i was thinking of learning something about the MID/Healer. Anywhere i can find some good guides and speccs for healers?

It's a dream of mine right now to be a Dwarf Healer at Excalibur Midgard :)

Haki

Fledgling Freddie
I know some few things!

Im a healer and Im waiting for password too :fluffle:
If you want to be a Healer you must first be a Seer, i guess you know that allready... If you want to be a real Healer, then you should uppgrade on Mending. If you uppgrade more on Mending, will the healing be better.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Well personally I'd play Midgard Prydwen rather than Mid excal as I think Pryd has a friendlier atmosphere :)

http://members.aon.at/kharon/healer.htm

That's quite a nice healer guide, although a little dated - the most important thing missing is the spread heal you get at 30 Mending that will make your RvR (and to some extent PvE) so much easier.

http://www.arafel.envy.nu/HealersGuide.htm

This one's a bit more tongue in cheek but the theory is sound enough (although I'd ignore what he says about specs tbh :p)

The other good site is this one, which can help you sort out your specs as you level up, and at 50.

http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Healer

Remember you get 2 respecs as you level up, one at 20 and one at 40, so if you mess your spec up you can always change, however, they need to be used during that level so don't accidetnally level up by mistake if you have a crappy spec you want to change ;)

Have fun being a healer, and if you have any questions, best thing to do is do /who healer 50 (will bring up a list of level 50 healers) ask them if they have a minute to spare, and if they're not too busy harass them with all your questions :)

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
There are three 'main' RvR specs.

1. 44 Pac 31 Mend - gives you a decent spread heal and decent crowdcontrolling.
2. 40(39) Mend 36(37) Aug - Gives you good healing, and if you go for 40 mending you also get the 100% ressurection. Some people find it more important to get the 16% energy resist at 37 Aug so they only spec 39 mending (for the good spreadheal).
3. 40 Mend 36 Pac - This spec is perfect for a group that already has one of each of the already mentioned specs. (AKA third healer:p) It gives you the 100% ressurection, good spreadheal, and OK crowdcontrolling. A skilled healer that has this spec could be the main CC'er too, if you lack a pac healer with higher spec.

You can ofcourse have different specs, but these are the most common ones.

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks alot both of you, i will talk to alot more healers when i get my account back from GOA who doesn't answer :(

Thx again guys this helped me out alot!

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
plastic said:
There are three 'main' RvR specs.

1. 44 Pac 31 Mend - gives you a decent spread heal and decent crowdcontrolling.
2. 40(39) Mend 36(37) Aug - Gives you good healing, and if you go for 40 mending you also get the 100% ressurection. Some people find it more important to get the 16% energy resist at 37 Aug so they only spec 39 mending (for the good spreadheal).
3. 40 Mend 36 Pac - This spec is perfect for a group that already has one of each of the already mentioned specs. (AKA third healer:p) It gives you the 100% ressurection, good spreadheal, and OK crowdcontrolling. A skilled healer that has this spec could be the main CC'er too, if you lack a pac healer with higher spec.

You can ofcourse have different specs, but these are the most common ones.

Regarding the 2nd spec, you spec it not only for the resists involved, but also for the yellow Celerity you get on this spec, which is a real asset for tank grps. Some gimped healers (like me) have even specced 44 aug/31 mend/4pac to get the red Celerity ;p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
Some gimped healers (like me) have even specced 44 aug/31 mend/4pac to get the red Celerity ;p

How do you sleep at night? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom